IGNORED

2013 Memorial Tournament Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3978 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Based on the limited air time Tiger got this weekend, it was pretty obvious his head was not in it.  It appeared that the wind really messed with his distance control Saturday and he just gave up.  Today he seemed to be rushing putts and by the end of the day you could tell he just wanted to finish up and get off the course.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sooooo can we finally talk some Open?

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

What, you're not super pumped for the st Jude classic??? ;)

Super pumped isnt exactly what comes to mind. But I am just thrilled for Merion. Its gonna best such a different event and showcase the fact that long courses arent the way to beat the pros.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

What the hell guys?  I come here to catch up on posts and find out who won the tourney so that I can maximize my Vegas party time and not a mention of the winner?!?

You bass turds.

Edit: Okay now I see this...

Originally Posted by Zwick

Leave Jimmy Walker alone!

TW doesn't play that bad today (except for the one bad hole, where he also had a bit of bad luck with his stance in the bunker).

Kuchar would have been one of my picks for the US Open, but I doubt he will twice in a row.

Guess he doesn't move the needle much.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

KOOOOOOCH!!!

Love that guy man.. good for him. What a stud. He's my pick for Merion.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Ole_Tom_Morris

I didn't see much of the Memorial and nearly nothing of Tiger.   (Beautiful course btw.   Misnamed since it is nothing like a links course.)

How is "Muirfield Village Golf Club" misnamed?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I don't like Kuchar's swing. I don't like the slow lift off hover thing he does to start his backswing, or the closed stance he has that makes every shot he hits look like a pull hook or a pull cut. And he's got little teeth... Edit - yes, I know he could beat me left handed and blindfolded...

Colin P.

Originally Posted by colin007

I don't like Kuchar's swing. I don't like the slow lift off hover thing he does to start his backswing, or the closed stance he has that makes every shot he hits look like a pull hook or a pull cut. And he's got little teeth...

Edit - yes, I know he could beat me left handed and blindfolded...

Yeah, that lift and hover is odd, like he's going fall over backwards or something. And he's got nothing on Tiger's big, bold and beautiful chompers.

But I do like him.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Here's something I've always wondered:  What does it mean when they say 'so-and-so' "hosts" this tournament?  Memorial is Jack's, Bay Hill is Arnie's, Sherwood is Tiger's, etc, etc.  What exactly does said host do?  Other than sometimes reside in the area and have their name on the tournament?  Just curious.

I don't like Kuchar's swing. I don't like the slow lift off hover thing he does to start his backswing,

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Yeah, that lift and hover is odd, like he's going fall over backwards or something.

I agree with both of you, or used to, and then inexplicably, within the last year or so, I started doing this.  It's not nearly as pronounced - I only pick the club up a half inch or so - but I do it, and I have no idea why I started.  It just kind of happened.  Go figure ...

I don't like Kuchar's swing. I don't like the slow lift off hover thing he does to start his backswing, or the closed stance he has that makes every shot he hits look like a pull hook or a pull cut. And he's got little teeth...

Edit - yes, I know he could beat me left handed and blindfolded...

Yeah, that lift and hover is odd, like he's going fall over backwards or something. And he's got nothing on Tiger's big, bold and beautiful chompers.

But I do like him.

I agree with both of you, or used to, and then inexplicably, within the last year or so, I started doing this.  It's not nearly as pronounced - I only pick the club up a half inch or so - but I do it, and I have no idea why I started.  It just kind of happened.  Go figure ...

Jack said yesterday he hovers too, so I guess you're in good company.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Jack said yesterday he hovers too, so I guess you're in good company.

This is different, looks like a vertical hinge mixed with leaning back on his heels a little. Obviously works for him but looks weird. Jack just didn't sole his club.

Look around 0:05. I know I've seen better video of it but couldn't find anything at the moment.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Here's something I've always wondered:  What does it mean when they say 'so-and-so' "hosts" this tournament?  Memorial is Jack's, Bay Hill is Arnie's, Sherwood is Tiger's, etc, etc.  What exactly does said host do?  Other than sometimes reside in the area and have their name on the tournament?  Just curious.

I always assumed it was like producing a movie.  I figured they had the financial burden for the up-front expenses of the tournament, and if no profit was made after the gate, tv contract and sponsorship income then they would be the big losers.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

This is different, looks like a vertical hinge mixed with leaning back on his heels a little. Obviously works for him but looks weird. Jack just didn't sole his club.

Look around 0:05. I know I've seen better video of it but couldn't find anything at the moment.

Agreed, very weird. Would be kinda funny if he leaned back a bit too much and fell over.... lol. One of my golfing buddies does somethign similar with every shot as well.. except he sucks.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Winning the Memorial didn't do too much for Tiger's result in the US Open last year so maybe he is trying the reverse strategy.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Note: This thread is 3978 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!