IGNORED

Really Fast Players

65Mustnag
Note: This thread is 3958 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Shorty

Not when there's a foursome in front playing at a reasonable rate. There's only so many groups who want to let a single through when there's nowhere for him to go. If he's on the course on his own, yes it is slow, but then the speed becomes a moot issue.

Sure, if there are enough people ahead of you that playing through isn't feasible 4 hours is reasonable. However, I've yet to not have people let me play through if they don't have someone right in front of them. Most people are considerate enough to take the extra 5 minutes to let you hit your first and second shots. Shoot, most times it takes longer than that for them to even tee off the next hole.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Shorty

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvarley84

I play golf at my speed. I don't doddle, I don't spend ridiculous amounts of time searching for lost balls...I generally finish 9 holes in 2 hours ish walking.

However, I do have the common decency to recognize that people are playing faster than me.

You are not playing slowly.

A four hour round on a normal course is good speed.

Not if he's playing alone it isn't.  It is an acceptable speed for a fourball.  It's only acceptable for a single if he's stuck following several full groups.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Originally Posted by Fourputt

Not if he's playing alone it isn't.  It is an acceptable speed for a fourball.  It's only acceptable for a single if he's stuck following several full groups.

Cousrses disagree with you, at least here. Every person is entitled to 2 hours per 9, 205 on the back 9 at my home course, single, double, or foursome. Fivesomes are barred, unless the course is extremely empty, they they will make exemptions, especially if its a fivesome of tourists. But if the club is busy, no way, no how. And you cannot sign up a 5some on the online sign up board.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Originally Posted by ApocG10

Cousrses disagree with you, at least here. Every person is entitled to 2 hours per 9, 205 on the back 9 at my home course, single, double, or foursome. Fivesomes are barred, unless the course is extremely empty, they they will make exemptions, especially if its a fivesome of tourists. But if the club is busy, no way, no how. And you cannot sign up a 5some on the online sign up board.

Taking as much time playing solo as is allotted for a full foursome wouldn't be considered fast by anyone. Slow, definitely. Acceptable per rules, yes.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApocG10

Taking as much time playing solo as is allotted for a full foursome wouldn't be considered fast by anyone. Slow, definitely. Acceptable per rules, yes.

Which, of course, was the point I was making.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Note: This thread is 3958 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!