IGNORED

Thank you Evolvr!!

Note: This thread is 3907 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The last two days have been the best golfing days of my life.

I mean that seriously. So I want to say, thank you Evolvr!

Sorry for my excitement and exuberance. To be perfectly candid, I can now hit every club in the bag. My irons and swing speed has improved thanks to their expertise.

In my swing thread, I will be posting my shiny new swing. Swinging clubs has never been so easy.

Strange thing is that on the first bucket of balls (two days ago) I had gotten frustrated (the day before I got really frustrated). I was doing the same damn thing over and over again.

I grabbed my blackberry playbook and remembered my wife asked me to look at my Evolvr video again.

And then it clicked: I started hitting shots with distance and accuracy (I do not have the spin thing down yet). So much that I put another 4 buckets of balls downrange to make sure I could repeat what I had learned. Next I tried out my new swing in my garage (you guys know it by now) to make sure it was not a fluke (it wasn't).

Yesterday morning, I went back to the range to verify again that my swing was no fluke. In 16MPH winds, I went to work again. No fluke!!

As Beachcomber said awhile ago in my thread, it takes awhile to reach another level of learning your swing. My goodness, I can actually swing a club somewhat correctly. Now to work on being decisive in my grip.

Again thank you Evolvr, new video is coming tomorrow!!!

• Upvote 2

"Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.."

You're welcome Seriously I'm really proud of the work Brian, James and Stephan do on a daily basis.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Very kind words guys

You've been doing brilliant work with Brian, and I'm proud to be part of such a great team.

If you're not able to get to see a qualified 5SK instructor, I would highly recommend evolvr to start to build the foundation of a repeatable swing.

Just remember.... what we say, is going to often feel COMPLETELY alien to you, and that is GOOD, that means you are building awareness of where your body and club is in space around you (proprioception.) If you can go in front of a mirror and perform BOTH extremes of whatever you are working on, that is truly the art of practicing and will help build a golf swing for the future.

James

James Hirshfield

Tour Professional Golf Coach

@hirshfield <-- Follow me on Twitter!

james@thegolfevolution.com

UK 07939-902455

USA (814) 464-3446

Originally Posted by james_hirshfield

If you can go in front of a mirror and perform BOTH extremes of whatever you are working on, that is truly the art of practicing and will help build a golf swing for the future.

James

This part resonates with me.

I've found that I can go to the range and bang balls, buckets at a time and not get any 'new' results.  But if I do mirror work, and pay particular attention to my geometries, and really be critical and deliberate in my movements.  Then when I go to the range, my session is that much better.  I've gone through phases in the last year where I spend a lot of time in the mirror... And I just really started to pick up the club again actively over the last two weeks.  And pretty stoked with the things I'm learning just in my mirror work... And attribute the learning - and better swings that I'm making on the course to the mirror work I've been doing.  Not necessarily the range work.  But the mirror work.

If you have a mirror... Who doesn't?!  Then you can work on your swing!!  No excuses guys.  Get with it!!  Hell, you don't even need a club.  Work on your arms/shoudlers/hips - you can see your geometries in the mirror behind you.  And then watch the GOLF BALLS GO BOOOM!!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Zachari208

Nice, never had a lesson before but this Evolvr "evaluation" seems right up my alley.

Originally Posted by Zachari208

I hope their dicks, i dont want any candy coating, just facts and brut honesty.

For me, I just dont have the time to take a lesson. My time is very finite.

To be candid, Brian really got down to the nuts and bolts of my swing rather easily. It took a couple of times for me click to what he was saying (tons of other folks have pointed it out to me), but once it did WOW!

Its amazing to behold. Today I plan on filming... There is still lots of work to do, but I have taken a SUPER step forward in my progression. Believe me, it feels GOOD!

"Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.."

• 2 months later...

Have you stuck with Evolvr for the entire summer?  If so, have you reaped the rewards?  Are you still using the service?

In other words, if it isn't too much trouble, can you give us a 90 days in review?

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

Note: This thread is 3907 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!