IGNORED

Dice Golf Game

convoy71
Note: This thread is 3201 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello

My name is David, 42 from Pennsylvania...To be honest I was never a fan of golf...But after working on some games on several sports I (thought) developed one for golf that is very near real time and real play. I began to follow PGA tournaments to follow up for my new game.

I have several games played with 1 to multiple 6 sided dice. After about half dozen tries on perfecting the play and scoring sheets...I believed I had it PERFECT game of "Dice Golf"....Even played my own Real PGA Tournament Par Courses. Played several tournaments actually.

BUT....The 18 hole scores turned out so far below par they practically set new PGA records...Some in the 58-69 range...Frankly too many..NO pro golfer is that good....The dice was scoring way too many birdies and well I gave the terms scored of their own.

Par is even of course...But for every double dice scored 1-1, 2-2, etc

Par (4) 1-1, 2-2, 3-3, 4-4

Birdie: 1-1

Double Birdie 1-1, 1-1 (which would mean -2 under par) score: 2

Eagle 1-1, 1-1, 1-1 (-3 under par) score: 1

To many of such scores were being scored.

DOES ANYONE of a Better Dice Golf Scoring...

Unless the handicap score must come into play..

Do PGA Golfers also have handicapps? Even Tiger Woods, Arnold Palmer?

Yeah I know its confusing what Im asking for cause I really didnt explain...I almost doubt anyone could help unless understood using dice and the odds or turn outs...But the game idea is entirely mine.

Here is an example of Dice Golf Game Play

Game: will be the dice roles resulting on doubles only

Hole  Par     Game               [-/+/P]    [score]

1       4        1/1-2/2-6/6-1/1    -1            3

There were 2 sets of 1/1, which I would call a birdie resulting in -1

If game resulted in 1/1-1/1-2/2-2/2 that would be a Double Birdie resulting in -2

An Eagle would be 1/1, 1/1/, 1/1....This is the confusing part for me, either the score could be -3 (which would result in score of 1? or just set score at 3).....Because too many Eagles and Doubles Birdies cause final score after 18 holes to range from 50's-60's.

A Perfect Hole of 4 doubles would be of course a score of 1

(Only doubles of each double are counted or Par)

(Par would be a straight number sequence; ex: 1/1-2/2-3/3-4/4) resulting in score of 4.

Now a bogey scored game would look like this

1/1 2/2 3/3 6/6 (+1) because it didnt reach full sequence of Par...Bogey

or

1/1 2/2 5/5 6/6 (+2) sequence not achieve low or higher number....Double Bogey

Hopefully someone can understand or I might have to show a full 18 hole game play.

I got lost at the birdie, double birdie , eagle???

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So you throw the dice on the table, write down some numbers, rinse and repeat?  I don't understand how that is a game?  Are there any rules or strategy involved?  It just sounds like if you get doubles you win, and if you don't, you lose.

Unless you are incorporating gambling somehow and it's a golf themed version of craps.

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

So you throw the dice on the table, write down some numbers, rinse and repeat?  I don't understand how that is a game?  Are there any rules or strategy involved?  It just sounds like if you get doubles you win, and if you don't, you lose.

Unless you are incorporating gambling somehow and it's a golf themed version of craps.

I think its kind of like this Gdad.  Wanna play?? I can teach you the rules as we go.....

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Ok. I'm glad it wasn't just me. I just re-read the explanation and I'm still confused. I'll stick with playing golf on the actual course and betting the pass line with full odds when it comes to dice.

Ok. I'm glad it wasn't just me. I just re-read the explanation and I'm still confused. I'll stick with playing golf on the actual course and betting the pass line with full odds when it comes to dice.

Throw in a couple come bets (also with full odds of course) and I'm right there with ya!!!

Sounds like there is no skill involved whatsoever - it's just, literally, the roll of the dice that determines your golf score. Don't see the fun in that.

Now, back in the day, when I was a kid (late 60s, early 70s) there was an APBA golf game based around dice rolls, but the result of the roll got translated to a player's card which told you the result of the shot. You got a set of player's cards, each reflecting a pro golfer. Found this on the web -

http://apba.stores.yahoo.net/approgogap.html

• 2 years later...

I know all that crap was confusing...It made no logical sense. And this forum doesnt allow editing or deleting. But I have based on a dice game book that was published discovered  PERFECT WAY to place Dice Golf and have done several pro tournaments. Anyone interested in learning the game of Dice Golf...You can do Amateur and Professional Golf.

I know all that crap was confusing...It made no logical sense. And this forum doesnt allow editing or deleting. But I have based on a dice game book that was published discovered  PERFECT WAY to place Dice Golf and have done several pro tournaments. Anyone interested in learning the game of Dice Golf...You can do Amateur and Professional Golf.

Sorry. 2 years later and still no interest here....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I'm sorry to say that I read the thread from the beginning and I feel the consensus is that we don't knows what it is you are trying to say..

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

So you just sit there and roll dice? Looks like fun! :blink:

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

• Administrator

Dice Golf handicaps are not eligible for consideration for the Newport Cup.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3201 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!