IGNORED

How is my scoring progressing?

MrMulligan
Note: This thread is 3976 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This is my first year of playing golf, I played some last year but only 5-10 times. I have really been playing quite a bit lately, hitting the range and practice green as much as possible. I was shooting in the 105-110 range less than 2 months ago and I have fixed many things in my swing through the help of my friend who is a scratch golfer. Yesterday I played 18 at a par 72 course and shot a 91! It could have been lower but my short game still has many hiccups. I feel that shooting in the low 90's after a month and a half was pretty impressive. It could have been mid 80's if I would have made a few of the handful of mid range par putts that I missed. So general thoughts on how I am improving and how long did it take you to break 90?

Great job!!!!  5-10 times last year is quite a bit so I don't know if I'd judge a month and a half as being fair ;) but nonetheless that's great!

You pinpointed it that the short game was your problem.  It's the fastest way you're going to knock off strokes so make sure you give that a lot of time to practice.

I was the same way sort of, I picked up the game for the first time and played maybe about 10 times shooting 100-120.  I fell in love and really worked on the game the following year when the snow melted.  I didn't shoot a low 90 score until mid summer I'd say.  I think I broke 90 the end of the year and then broke 80 the following year though.

Practice a lot, and especially work on that short game, and keep up the great work!

Note: This thread is 3976 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!