IGNORED

My swings big problem

Note: This thread is 3944 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok my names Tim and I admit to having a swing flaw! My club is bottoming out and hitting the ground 6 inches or before the ball.  this means that I sometimes hit the top of the ball driving it down into the ground or the club face opens up and sends it in a wicked slice.  Does anyone have any solutions or drills to help me correct this and strike the ball first consistently.  When I do it correctly I seem to get a nice draw.  Sorry I have not made a video to see what is coming undone.

Driver G with Tour 65 shaft 10.5 neutral setting by :ping:
3W G30, #3 and #4 Hybrid, Irons 5 to GW G25 by :ping:
54 & 58 Glide Wedges and putter Cadence TR Anser 2  Traditional also by :ping:
Ball TriSpeed Tour by :srixon: Shoes M Project Wide by :footjoy:
Bag and Push cart by :sunmountain:

Ok my names Tim and I admit to having a swing flaw! My club is bottoming out and hitting the ground 6 inches or before the ball.  this means that I sometimes hit the top of the ball driving it down into the ground or the club face opens up and sends it in a wicked slice.  Does anyone have any solutions or drills to help me correct this and strike the ball first consistently.  When I do it correctly I seem to get a nice draw.  Sorry I have not made a video to see what is coming undone.

1. Make sure you don't sway on the backswing. Super hard to get back to impact if you come off the ball. You gotta rotate around your spine. 2. Make sure your weight is on your left side at impact. 3. Make sure you're not flipping the club before impact. If the club head passes your hand before impact you'll never have consistency. Obviously can't tell what your swing flaws are without seeing your swing, but when used to deal with a bunch of fat shots, it was one or more of these. Hope it helps.

Thanks Soundandfury. I had a great range session. Hitting all clubs well except after working the driver and then cooling down with wedges. It took a few swings to find the groove again.

Thanks Soundandfury. I had a great range session. Hitting all clubs well except after working the driver and then cooling down with wedges. It took a few swings to find the groove again.

No worries, glad it helped. One thing though, don't get discouraged if in a week or two you lose it and you're back to chunking or topping everything. I spent 8+ months and thousands of range balls getting to the point where the muscle memory kicked in and I don't really hit fat/thin that often. The worst thing you can do is go looking for some new tip or whatnot to fix it (at one time I tried staring two inches in front of the ball at address to try to make the club bottom out at that point...total bullshit). Just remember those three. It's 9/10 it'll be one of those.

Thanks for the info Soundandfury.

When things go south for me more than likely it is a fat shot and I make a big divot behind the ball.  Got video of my swing.

Turns out 1) I was swaying in my backswing and 2) flipping the club at impact.

Working on fixing both of those.

Thanks

So far so good. Played 18 tonight after work. Pretty much was bogey golf. I did have 3 doubles but also 2 birds! Made good contact the whole round. I had 1 worm burner that ended up not hurting me as it left me with an up and down. I played the same ball the whole round. I am encouraged to say the least. Also the extra stoke per hole was because I am missing the green with the second shot (par 4) and have to chip on and then 2 putt. Your 1,2,3 has clicked with me. Thanks again!!!

Note: This thread is 3944 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!