IGNORED

What TST members would you most like to play a round of golf with?

cipher
Note: This thread is 3943 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've got a nice spare tire going... My wife is pregnant, so I figured since she is gonna put on some lbs, maybe I should join her? Problem is... She has an excuse. e3_rolleyes.gif

Get used to it pal, pretty sure I packed on at least 10 lbs when we had our daughter.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Ah sympathy weight. I did that with both my wife's pregnancies. It's a great way to show support.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ah sympathy weight. I did that with both my wife's pregnancies. It's a great way to show support.

That's right man. Nothing says I love you more than looking like the Goodyear blimp when you take your shirt off.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Originally Posted by saturday

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

That's right man. Nothing says I love you more than looking like the Goodyear blimp when you take your shirt off.

You been peeking in my window again????

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

We're having twins within the next four weeks.  I've probably gained as much as she has, for moral support.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Originally Posted by dsc123

We're having twins within the next four weeks.

Nice knowing ya...

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

We're having twins within the next four weeks.

Awesome!  You still gonna be able to squeeze some golf in?  Suggestion, find a quality 9-hole course!  18 may be pushing it?

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Nice knowing ya...

I still have to go to work, so I'll still be spending plenty of time on here.

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Awesome!  You still gonna be able to squeeze some golf in?  Suggestion, find a quality 9-hole course!  18 may be pushing it?

That remains to be seen.  Normally I try to grab the first tee time so I'm back home around 9 am.  I think I can keep doing that.  The wife disagrees.  We'll see how it goes.

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

That remains to be seen.  Normally I try to grab the first tee time so I'm back home around 9 am.  I think I can keep doing that.  The wife disagrees.  We'll see how it goes.

You have a unique situation with twins obviously, so no idea how that will play out.  I suspect though (and this goes for you too Beach) that it will be crazy hectic at first until you guys get into a rythym.  Two things you both have going for you:

1.  Babies sleep A LOT.  (They're like cats)

2.  If they're breastfeeding, you're kind of off the hook there too.

I can't tell you from experience, because I didn't golf at all when my kids were that tiny (not because of them, but because I had just sort of "retired" due to back problems I thought would never improve), but I suspect that you'll both have a short time (weeks, months maybe) where golf disappears somewhat, but eventually you'll figure something out. :)

GD, I just need you Pak and a few others to invite me out.  Then I'll give the wife the 'But my buddies need me!' kind of talk... And maybe she will let me out for a half day?!

GD, I just need you Pak and a few others to invite me out.  Then I'll give the wife the 'But my buddies need me!' kind of talk... And maybe she will let me out for a half day?!

No, No, No, you have this all wrong.  Beach have GD call your house and talk to your wife and say he wants to play some golf, but he does not want to mention it to you yet because he doesn't not want to get your hopes up if it will not be OK.  Then GD can say, "I know he has not had much of a chance to play lately, do you think it would be OK to borrow him for just half a day to play some golf."  There is no way she will say no.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Originally Posted by cipher

No, No, No, you have this all wrong.  Beach have GD call your house and talk to your wife and say he wants to play some golf, but he does not want to mention it to you yet because he doesn't not want to get your hopes up if it will not be OK.  Then GD can say, "I know he has not had much of a chance to play lately, do you think it would be OK to borrow him for just half a day to play some golf."  There is no way she will say no.

Genius!

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

1.  Babies sleep A LOT.  (They're like cats)

2.  If they're breastfeeding, you're kind of off the hook there too.

That's what I'm counting on.  SWMBO doesn't like the idea of me assuming that I'm going to have time, so I try to keep it quiet while also refusing to give in.  I think when the time comes, things will work out.

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

Originally Posted by cipher

I'm available to make these calls, upon request, for a small fee of $1.00/per call.  Just PM me the date/time you want to go out, and my character name.  If necessary, any background info I need to know (i.e., "I'm his co-worker you've never met" or the college buddy you always used to talk about).

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

I'm available to make these calls, upon request, for a small fee of $1.00/per call.  Just PM me the date/time you want to go out, and my character name.  If necessary, any background info I need to know (i.e., "I'm his co-worker you've never met" or the college buddy you always used to talk about).

Hhahaha the college buddy thing wouldn't work.  We met in college.  She knows all my buddies and would pretty much immediately shut down the idea of playing golf with any of them. ;)

Hhahaha the college buddy thing wouldn't work.  We met in college.  She knows all my buddies and would pretty much immediately shut down the idea of playing golf with any of them. ;)

But she still hasn't met any of us TST tools (cept maybe Pak?) so he can always play that role.  Or just tell her that we've gotten real organized with our Socal group and that you are the president of the group and have to pre-approve any new golfers with a round on the course, or some other BS like that.

I can speak French, you could come up with some outlandish story about being invited to play with the Belgian Consulate or the Prince of Monaco.
  • Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Note: This thread is 3943 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!