IGNORED

Slicing with an Inside Out Path

Note: This thread is 3609 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Congrats... I am going to be putting all the time i can into fixing my big push slice with the driver.. All my other clubs i am hitting draws or straight shots, and I think it has to do with my body turn, but I'm not sure..

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 6 months later...
Ii have the same problem and it is cAused by a out in swing path. You may think you are swinging in to out but if you unknowingly rotate your shoulders flip you hand our over swing at impact the club head will quickly move out to in. To correct this you almost have to feel that you are swinging diagonal fron in to out with quiet hands and thrust your hips out to avoid spinning your shoulders. Before i swing i have to groove this a few times and then i swing and the ball goes dead straight or draws. Its frustrating as i have had balls go 200 yards and then curve slightly right. What you are feeling with an in to out swing is not what you are doing. It has to be extreme.

Used to do this as well . Look at where you are making contact on face of club . I bet toe hit , and miss hit makes face open more . Never had proof of this , I just looked at ball marks on face and adjusted by standing a little closer

Used to do this as well . Look at where you are making contact on face of club . I bet toe hit , and miss hit makes face open more . Never had proof of this , I just looked at ball marks on face and adjusted by standing a little closer

Gear effect on toe hits will typically cause the ball to draw. Heel hits, the opposite effect.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Gear effect on toe hits will typically cause the ball to draw. Heel hits, the opposite effect.

I tend to subscribe to the above. I try to swing in to out, but I get lots of toe hits, 99% of them are either pulls, or dead hooks. Also, after a range session last night, I've come to the conclusion that my right hand is to active, which might have some impact on those shots too.

I try to keep my left hand above my right, but bad habits take over..lol

Also, I tried like crazy to hit some fades last night, but could not, doesn't matter which club I try to hit a fade with, just doesn't happen..sigh

No I would hit weak push slices . Only when I experimented standing close did it go away . The grip of my club is a finger nail length away from my belt buckle now

No I would hit weak push slices . Only when I experimented standing close did it go away . The grip of my club is a finger nail length away from my belt buckle now

If i read that right, your standing to close to the ball. I think you need to look at your swing path. No expert, but when I stand to close, I usually  blade my shots, or hit em fat.

Here's a good thread on posture.    http://thesandtrap.com/t/56069/good-golf-posture

Hammer I stand a half thumb length from belt buckle away from the ball . Standing closer eliminated my toe shot push slice. . I hit very straight now very straight . My bad habit was taking the club too far inside on back swings . Now closer standing doesn't allow me to do this , I found this just through experimenting on own

@billchao was correct, due to gear effect toe hits typically result in tilting the spin axis somewhat to the left (draw).

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

@billchao was correct, due to gear effect toe hits typically result in tilting the spin axis somewhat to the left (draw).

My toe was push slice weak not hook draw . Not sure why really ? A ways learn all my golf from golf digest . I try a new tip every range outing and standing closer was a great tip from them . Learned the whole game from years of reading that publication . Never read about gear effect sounds interesting

My toe was push slice weak not hook draw . Not sure why really ?

Yeah hitting off the toe doesn't guarantee a draw, if the path is still far enough left the ball will curve right.

Never read about gear effect sounds interesting

Can check the second video in this thread to learn more about gear effect

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Note: This thread is 3609 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!