IGNORED

Golf Balls Questions

dfreuter415
Note: This thread is 3964 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Here are a couple of questions about personal habits and golf balls....

1. How many golf balls do you carry in your bag?

2. What brand(s) of ball do you normally use?

3. How many balls do you normally lose per round?

4. How many new balls do you buy each year?

For me....

1. I normally have 8-12 golf balls in my bag.

2. I use Titleist, Callaway, and Bridgestone golf balls, and play them on a rotating basis.

3. I lose 0-1 balls on familiar courses, and 1-3 on courses I play for the first time.

4. I usually buy 1-2 dozen new balls every year.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

1.  Probably have around 10-15 in the bag.  I have been finding quite a few balls on the course so that number might be a little higher

2.  My preferred ball is Pinnacle

3.  Now that I'm playing a lot better I rarely lose balls

4.  I never buy balls, I have a huge shoe box at my house full of them

[SIZE=16px]Here are a couple of questions about personal habits and golf balls....[/SIZE] [SIZE=16px]1. How many golf balls do you carry in your bag?[/SIZE] [SIZE=16px]2. What brand(s) of ball do you normally use?[/SIZE] [SIZE=16px]3. How many balls do you normally lose per round?[/SIZE] [SIZE=16px]4. How many new balls do you buy each year?[/SIZE]

1. I carry about 2 dozen balls in my bag. I have no idea why I carry so many...don't even ask. 2. Lately I've been playing TaylorMade Lethal, however I still have a couple Titleist Velocity in my bag as well. 3. I normally lose 1 or 2 balls per round. 4. I have no idea how many boxes I buy per year. I usually stock up when there is a deal. I'm gonna say I buy 10-12 dozen balls per year. Maybe 1 box per month.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1. I carry 9 -12 in my bag.

2. I play Nike OneRZN.

3. I might lose 1 - 2 per round unless I am having a bad day, then it can be three.  I have been playing better so sometimes I can go a round or two without losing one.

4. I buy a box maybe once every 4 weeks.  I just bought my 4th box yesterday to replace losses.  I also get rid of balls with large cart path scuffs so while I didn't lose them, I still replace them.

In my bag:

Driver: Covert Performance
Super Hybrid : :nike: 2H - 17* Covert Performance

Irons: :nike:Covert 4I - PW

Wedges: :nike:X3X Wedges (52*, 56*, 60*)

Putter: Method Core 1i

Ball: :nike:One RZN

Upgrading Always.

I thought it works just like the lottery...you only need one to win right?

seriously?

1.probably ten or so in the bag another dozen or so at home.

2.  Titleist, Taylor made, Bridgestone  (V1x, Penta TP3 or TP5,  B330 RX, or RXS).

3. Lose maybe 1 or 2 per round balanced out by what I find along the way

4. Buy maybe 3 dozen a year

I used to be able to say  "I've never hit a used ball"

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

i buy a big bag off the golf ball guy on the road, sweet deal he gets me like 50 tp blacks/reds with some penta's in there for 20$ im cool with that. also buy gd condition proV's off him i carry maybe 25 taylormades in the bag and maybe 10 proV's - if noones on the course and im out on my own ill sometimes drop 10 by the 150 and hit em all only if noone else is around tho

i once showed up on my own and didnt realise till i lost a ball in the water on the 3rd that i had no other balls in my bag! i was reduced to diggin in the lake for a few (course was dead tho) and i made a pretty healthy return!

1. Carry about 15 or so at any given time.

2. Been alternating between TaylorMade and Callaway...starting to prefer the Callaways.

3. Maybe lose 1-2, sometimes none.

4. Buy a dozen or two a year...maybe more if I try something new.

R7

Edge 3-SW with Apex4 Steel shafts

Burner 2.0 AW

Putter

Street Shoes

Glove

Originally Posted by billatthebar

i once showed up on my own and didnt realise till i lost a ball in the water on the 3rd that i had no other balls in my bag! i was reduced to diggin in the lake for a few (course was dead tho) and i made a pretty healthy return!

Back in high school when funds were tight, we used to go bushwacking between holes looking for lost balls just to avoid buying em.

R7

Edge 3-SW with Apex4 Steel shafts

Burner 2.0 AW

Putter

Street Shoes

Glove

1. one sleeve to play with and I keep 5 or so garbage balls in a different pocket

2. Pro v1s or Bridgestone Tours if I'm playing seriously otherwise I'll usually knock around some pinnacles or something

3. 0-2

4. Varies depending on how much I'm playing

1. 10+

2. Srixon Q-star

3. Usually 1-3, sometime double that.

4. Two dozen several time a year. I play often so I also lose a lot of balls.

Driver:     TaylorMade Jetspeed, stiff

Fws:        Taylormade RBZ 5 wood

Hybrids:   TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 rescue 3H

Irons:      Callaway X2 Hot Pro

Wedges:  Cleveland CG16 54*/14

Ping Glide WS 58*

Putter:     TaylorMade Daddy Long Legs

Originally Posted by Jake Goodman

1. 10+

2. Srixon Q-star

3. Usually 1-3, sometime double that.

4. Two dozen several time a year. I play often so I also lose a lot of balls.

How do you like the Srixons?  I was recently thinking about playing those since hardly anyone does, isn't the Q-star the equivalent of Titleist's NXT?

I played a Srixon Q-Star for the first time a few days ago and have to say I was fairly impressed. I typically play a Pro-V1 and can honestly say, with the Srixon, there wasn't a moment where I was dissatisfied with its performance. I'm not ready to switch over and say I'll start playing Srixons, but I do like their products.

1. Maybe 10?

2. Titleist Pro-V1 or V1x (and some random balls found on the course)

3. 0-2 (I don't normally lose a ball unless I put it in the water)

4. Maybe 2 dozen balls in a year.

Originally Posted by dfreuter415

Here are a couple of questions about personal habits and golf balls....

For me....

1. I normally have 8-12 golf balls in my bag.

2. I use Titleist, Callaway, and Bridgestone golf balls, and play them on a rotating basis.

3. I lose 0-1 balls on familiar courses, and 1-3 on courses I play for the first time.

4. I usually buy 1-2 dozen new balls every year.

1.) Usually I just buy 2 dozen when I get low and fill one of the pockets of my bag with them.  I dont have a set number that I carry.

2.) I used to always play Bridgestones but lately Ive switched to Nike balls and like them.  Im currently trying out the PD Soft and PD Long to see what I like better, as one as the One RZN.

3.) Depends how my swing is that day.  Usually I dont lose more than 2 or 3 on a given day.

4.) I usually buy 3 or 4 dozen but it really depends how much I play.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I carry a ton, just because I don't like to keep boxes in the house.  So if I buy something, I just dump them all in the bag.

Maybe 15 to 18 new Top Flights - that's what I play, I'm cheap.

I also keep about 6-8 Titleists (found, but appear brand new) - as back ups and loaners.  Also, if I'm working on my short game and want something that spins more.

Lately, I've not been losing hardly any, but when i do hit one into the trees or rough, I tend to find a couple new Titleists in the weirdest places.  Even if I don't find my cheapy ball, I always end up ahead.  Anything in excess or another brand, I put in either the 'junk' shag bag (good for hitting into the woods), or the 'like new' shag bag.  For park practice and the garage setup.  Or if matched up with strangers and friends, I'll give them any of their brand I find.

1 - a couple dozen - over a dozen of my normal brand, the rest are 'like new Titleist'

2 - Top Flite XL (36 for $20)

3 - I lose 0 balls on easy courses, a couple on harder courses

4 - Don't know, I see a deal, and I'll buy a bunch.  Last buy was 72 balls and I think it'll last me well into next year or the following.

Bill - 

1) 15 - 20; like rehmwa I don't like to keep boxes, so everything goes in the bag

2) Used Bridgestone B330 and still have some e6's

3) Over 18 holes usually between 2 and 4 balls lost (partly because I don't spend much time looking)

4) Over the course of a season probably 3 or 4 dozen

"Golf is a game in which you yell 'fore', shoot six and write down five." - Paul Harvey

Quote:

1. I typically carry between 12 and 24 balls in my bag.
2. I will really only play a Titleist Velocity, Titleist Pro V1 or Pro V1x, or a TitleIst NXT Tour. Though, I will bag the occasional sleeve or random ball of a Callaway tour caliber ball.
3. In a bad round, I will typically lose 1-2 balls that are legitimately lost. I very often play 18 holes with the same ball though.
4. A dozen will usually last me 1 month. I usually have to replace them due to occasional losses and damage caused by wedges or objects on the course (cart paths, rocks, trees, etc.).

I accumulate golf balls - i will stop at the golf store, pick up a dozen and throw them in my bag.  This spring I finally cleaned it out and realized I had around 4 dozen.  I typically try to keep a dozen or more in my bags.

I don't track how many balls I lose a round, but thinking of the last 3 times I Played, I have lost a total of 6, so I would guess 1-3 per round.

I buy golf balls in bunches.  This year for instance I have paid for 4 dozen and got a free dozen from Nike for buying the covert driver, a sleeve from Callaway for trying there driver and 3 sleeves worth for trying the Nike the 2 different times I tried it.

As for ball that I play.  I am currently playing the TM TP3, but once I loose the last 2 sleeves will be switching to the Gamer Tour from Top flite.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

Note: This thread is 3964 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!