IGNORED

Did Tiger earn back any of your respect?

Kevin18
Note: This thread is 3968 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

There probably are some negative feelings towards Serg since the comments were so racial, so we do have to keep that in mind

In My Bag..

Driver: Taylormade Superfast 9.5* Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Taylormade Burner 2009 15* Stiff GraphiteShaft
5 Wood: Powerbilt Oversized 21* Stiff Steel Shaft
3-PW Irons: Cleveland 588 Forged MB Irons with Stiff Shaft
SW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 2009 56* wedge with 14* of bounce, Stiff Steel Shaft

LW: N/A yet
Putter: Taylormade Monte Carlo 7 -34" with Superstroke 3.0 Slim grip
Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

I never lost respect for Tiger.

I don't expect pro golfers to be moral compasses. I expect them to play golf at the highest level.

All Tiger's indiscretions showed me was that he was imperfectly human. Like the rest of us.

Far as him forgiving Sergio, whatever. That's his business. It doesn't alter my impression of him at all.

Never lost respect for Tiger. He is an amazing golfer that has done so much for the game of golf. Whatever he wants to do off the course is his choice and none of my concern.

In the Bag:
:titleist: 913 D3 - 9.5* - Diamana Stiff 62g
:mizuno: MP 64s 3-PW - DGS300
:cleveland: CG12 52* & 56*
:tmade: Rosa

Tiger never lost my respect, he handled this situation the only way he could. I dont think he really forgives Sergio, it was more of a people are watching, I'll shake this A-hole's hand and we can go back to disliking eachother from afar. I lost what little respect I had for Segio if anything, and I stood up and cheered for each ball that got wet of his at the Players.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

He never lost my respect as a player and I hate watching him struggle as a player.  I have tons of memories of Tiger that i'll never forget, but I don't respect him as a man.  The guy's a total a-hole, his family and colleagues will attest to that.

With that being said, I still like him more than Sergio, the king of excuses and temper tantrums.

Originally Posted by Nutter

He never lost my respect as a player and I hate watching him struggle as a player.

Actually I like watching him struggle as a player. It really makes him more human and puts into perspective how hard it is to play golf at that level. Then when you least expect it, he puts on a clinic and schools the mere mortals.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

Actually I like watching him struggle as a player. It really makes him more human and puts into perspective how hard it is to play golf at that level. Then when you least expect it, he puts on a clinic and schools the mere mortals.

I'm liking your thinking!

In My Bag..

SW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 2009 56* wedge with 14* of bounce, Stiff Steel Shaft

I've never met the guy but he's good at playing golf.He said something snarky about hockey one time that I didn't care for but as far as his personal life goes, it's really none of my business. Hero worship is never a good  thing and I've never really understood it, if you were someone who had idolized Tiger before his 'scandal', look how heartbroken you would have been.

Superfast 12 LS Driver set at 10*w/ProLaunch red shaft

:callaway:RazrFitXtreme w/MatrixBlackTie 15*:adams:Idea ProBlack hybrid 16*:adams: Idea ProBlack Hybrid 20*  :callaway: RazrX Forged 4-PW  CG14  54* S Wedge

Idea A3 60*  L wedge

:rife: IBF Aussie Tour Blade putter

The exchange on the range was brief. Tiger was never the cause of the latest Sergio tantrum, all one-sided and in Sergio's head. I expected him to approach Tiger for the obligatory hand shake at some point. It's really not a matter to consider whether or not I respect Tiger. He's a celebrity athlete with all the media probing that goes along with it. Never sure how much I read about him is factual.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't really care. I just want to watch him play good golf.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Originally Posted by WhySoSerious

Hero worship is never a good  thing and I've never really understood it, if you were someone who had idolized Tiger before his 'scandal', look how heartbroken you would have been.

if you stick around, youll see that Tiger (or Tigs, as i like to call him) is numero uno in my book of man-crushes.  he was before thanksgiving '09 as well, and trust me, i took the whole thing very hard.  i dont know why i took it so personally, but it took me a while to get over it and i would say that while i wasnt "heart-broken" i was definitely "crest-fallen" if that makes any sense?

Colin P.

Originally Posted by colin007

if you stick around, youll see that Tiger (or Tigs, as i like to call him) is numero uno in my book of man-crushes.  he was before thanksgiving '09 as well, and trust me, i took the whole thing very hard.  i dont know why i took it so personally, but it took me a while to get over it and i would say that while i wasnt "heart-broken" i was definitely "crest-fallen" if that makes any sense?

Either that's really,really funny or just kind of a creepy sort of sad.........lol

Superfast 12 LS Driver set at 10*w/ProLaunch red shaft

:callaway:RazrFitXtreme w/MatrixBlackTie 15*:adams:Idea ProBlack hybrid 16*:adams: Idea ProBlack Hybrid 20*  :callaway: RazrX Forged 4-PW  CG14  54* S Wedge

Idea A3 60*  L wedge

:rife: IBF Aussie Tour Blade putter

As did I. I believe (with me that is) it was the fact that I looked up to him so much and wanted him to be the best all time with a flawless background. Knowing now what he did, even if he does break all records, he will always be the guy that cheated on his wife several times. It doesn't roll off the tongue.. haha

In My Bag..

Originally Posted by Kevin18

As did I. I believe (with me that is) it was the fact that I looked up to him so much and wanted him to be the best all time with a flawless background. Knowing now what he did, even if he does break all records, he will always be the guy that cheated on his wife several times. It doesn't roll off the tongue.. haha

See, that's where I disagree. If he ends up beating Jack's record (as well as everyone else's), those transgressions will be forgotten. Not anytime soon, but 50 years from now people will talk about watching the greatest golfer of all time. Nobody will care that he was bopping other chicks.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Originally Posted by WhySoSerious

Either that's really,really funny or just kind of a creepy sort of sad.........lol

i think its probably a little of both...

Colin P.

Originally Posted by Kevin18

yeah, i just felt a very deep dejection and disappointment.  you know how as a kid your dad tells you that hes not angry, he's just disappointed in you?  and you'd rather he'd just been angry?  that's how i felt, just disappointed.

Colin P.

yeah, i just felt a very deep dejection and disappointment.  you know how as a kid your dad tells you that hes not angry, he's just disappointed in you?  and you'd rather he'd just been angry?  that's how i felt, just disappointed.

Haha actually I am a kid still (technically) so yes I understand where you're coming from

In My Bag..

Note: This thread is 3968 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!