IGNORED

Did Tiger earn back any of your respect?

Kevin18
Note: This thread is 3968 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Are you kidding me? Is this really what happened?

It reminds me when I was 8 years old. I had a crush on a girl. I wrote her a note. Do you like me? Please circle Yes or No. LOL

This is crazy. What are they now, Tiger is a 36 year old man. Sergio is what 32. Good lord help us all.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Its a joke that Tiger making millions of dollars and being famous should make him act fake. Id rather have him act like he does now if that who he is then act fake like phil does when the cameras are on. Hes a pro golfer thats making that $ because of his golf game not his personality it wouldnt matter if he was the nicest guy in the world to Nike if he sucked at golf.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Jakester23

Its a joke that Tiger making millions of dollars and being famous should make him act fake. Id rather have him act like he does now if that who he is then act fake like phil does when the cameras are on. Hes a pro golfer thats making that $ because of his golf game not his personality it wouldnt matter if he was the nicest guy in the world to Nike if he sucked at golf.

ahhhh come on now. Phil Mickelson fake? Only when cameras are on? Say that to the kids when he's signing autographs for 2 hours after his round.

And don't tell me unless you know Phil personally, and know for sure he only fakes smiles. I can't beleive what you just said.....

Originally Posted by Kevin18

Breaking! Did you gentlemen hear about Sergio apparently leaving a handwritten note in Tiger Woods' locker at Merion? How do you feel about THIS now?

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

^^^^^^^^ Thats AWESOME Shorty, Did you just create that? Or did you find it somewhere?

(you made me spit up my drink)

• Administrator

I heard he gave him some coupons for KFC.

• Upvote 4

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

Uh oh, that one is gonna get you in trouble! Oh wait you're the mod. Pretty funny though.

The last 10 posts or so literally have me laughing.. you guys are too funny

In My Bag..

Driver: Taylormade Superfast 9.5* Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Taylormade Burner 2009 15* Stiff GraphiteShaft
5 Wood: Powerbilt Oversized 21* Stiff Steel Shaft
3-PW Irons: Cleveland 588 Forged MB Irons with Stiff Shaft
SW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 2009 56* wedge with 14* of bounce, Stiff Steel Shaft

LW: N/A yet
Putter: Taylormade Monte Carlo 7 -34" with Superstroke 3.0 Slim grip
Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

Shorty? We know you have more, come on bring baby, bring it!!!

I've never been a big Tiger fan mostly because he has crowds of kids following him around the course learning how to cuss like sailors and slam clubs and throw tantrums on the course when they hit a bad shot.  That's just not cool to me.  What is cool to me is Fred Couples strolling around the course like he's on a butterfly garden tour regardless of if he just knocked it in the hole from 150 yards or hit one OB.

The Sergio thing, I actually have to give Tiger credit for not making a big deal out of it.  That shows maturity.  Sergio was a whiney excuse ridden turd and the fact that Tiger blew it off just accentuated how childish Sergio was.

I personally thought back when the Fuzzy incident occurred the best response would have been, "The next time Fuzzy wins the Masters, he is free to serve chicken.  How long do you think we'll have to wait for that???" and then just blow it off knowing he will be choosing far more menus in the future.

As far as the other stuff, the benefits of being a high profile pro athlete are fame and fortune.  Ride the wave up, but also get torn down by the media and public when you step on your johnson.  That's just part of it and you have to accept the bad with the good.  It is indeed his personal business, and I don't care about his personal dilemma.  If anything, the fact that he was nailing waffle house waitresses made him seem a little less high and mighty and more human in an everyday guy sort of way.  So did the struggles with his game.  I'm not a fan of his per se, but I do like seeing him get his game back.  Like him or not, golf is more interesting when he is in the mix.

I grew up watching Nicklaus, Watson, Floyd.  They were class acts on and off the course...still are.  There are still some class acts in the game of golf...Tiger's not necessarily one of them...not that it matters when he is sitting in his 15000 square foot trophy room.

The most difficult distance in golf is the six inches between your ears.

• Administrator
Originally Posted by BugDude

I've never been a big Tiger fan mostly because he has crowds of kids following him around the course learning how to cuss like sailors and slam clubs and throw tantrums on the course when they hit a bad shot.  That's just not cool to me.  What is cool to me is Fred Couples strolling around the course like he's on a butterfly garden tour regardless of if he just knocked it in the hole from 150 yards or hit one OB.

And yet I'm reminded of something I saw on live TV.

Fred was playing in the desert somewhere - maybe the Bob Hope - and he was taking a free drop near the green from a cart path or something. He dropped, his ball hopped, and it nestled in some NASTY grass. A kid nearby chuckled (kid = 17 or so years of age), and he - very clearly - said "You think that's ****in' funny huh? Yeah real ****in' funny."

Point: Fred Couples swears too, and my kid can watch Tiger swear and not suddenly start swearing herself.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Hahahaha. I literally lol'd. That's freakin' funny.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

And yet I'm reminded of something I saw on live TV. Fred was playing in the desert somewhere - maybe the Bob Hope - and he was taking a free drop near the green from a cart path or something. He dropped, his ball hopped, and it nestled in some NASTY grass. A kid nearby chuckled (kid = 17 or so years of age), and he - very clearly - said "You think that's ****in' funny huh? Yeah real ****in' funny." Point: Fred Couples swears too, and my kid can watch Tiger swear and not suddenly start swearing herself.

I think Fred Couples' reputation as captain wonderful is a tad overblown. Regarding Tiger, I have never seen him as more than a great golfer and don't take his personal life into account. Same with any other athlete, as Zip said above, if your using these guys as moral compasses you haven't made a very enlightened choice. Let them play golf, that's what they do, the rest is none of our business. Fascinating at times but none of our business.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

And yet I'm reminded of something I saw on live TV.

Fred was playing in the desert somewhere - maybe the Bob Hope - and he was taking a free drop near the green from a cart path or something. He dropped, his ball hopped, and it nestled in some NASTY grass. A kid nearby chuckled (kid = 17 or so years of age), and he - very clearly - said "You think that's ****in' funny huh? Yeah real ****in' funny."

Point: Fred Couples swears too, and my kid can watch Tiger swear and not suddenly start swearing herself.

I missed that one.  I'm sure they have all done it and I'm sure they have all acted like pricks at some point.  It seems to happen on a regular basis with him, perhaps that's because the camera is on him a lot.  I've been to somewhere around 25 or so professional golf tournaments following numerous players around for stretches of holes and it has just been my observation in person too.  I have nothing against a person putting together an impressive string of expletives.  It can be an art form if done correctly.  But having a 4 year old and an 11 year old myself, I don't care for it being done in front of kids.  That's just my opinion.

As for someone who turns it on for the camera and then turns into a prick when it goes off, Lee Trevino had to be the worst.  I've followed him around a number of Champions Tour events and he's all hamming it up with the camera is on and the second it goes off he gets mean.  He chewed a little girl out at the Hickory NC tournament last year for asking for his autograph as he walked off of a green.  I understand he's working inside the ropes and keeping his rhythm going, but he could have just said "I'll be glad to after the tournament."  He ripped that kid (about 12) a new one.

The most difficult distance in golf is the six inches between your ears.

Don't fall in love with the hero - easier said than done. America loves a winner, they want to know what shirt he wears and what clubs he plays. Years ago I would boast about Tiger to my buddies and would end by saying how chrystal clean a lifestyle he led. The point is don't fall for the hero they are human and not perfect by any means. Respect them for their accomplishments, dedication and hard work.

I absolutely love the "El Nino" part

In My Bag..

Driver: Taylormade Superfast 9.5* Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Taylormade Burner 2009 15* Stiff GraphiteShaft
5 Wood: Powerbilt Oversized 21* Stiff Steel Shaft
3-PW Irons: Cleveland 588 Forged MB Irons with Stiff Shaft
SW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 2009 56* wedge with 14* of bounce, Stiff Steel Shaft

LW: N/A yet
Putter: Taylormade Monte Carlo 7 -34" with Superstroke 3.0 Slim grip
Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

Note: This thread is 3968 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!