• Announcements

• Welcome to the New Site!   09/30/2015

Welcome to the brand new TST! Click the title of this announcement to read more about what's new and different here at The Sand Trap!       We're using some new software to power this forum, and while this means some change, it's for the better. However, there will be a few bumps, and one of those may be that you may have a little trouble logging in to your account. So try this: Log in with your existing username and password.If that fails, reset your password here: http://thesandtrap.com/lostpassword/ .If that fails, PM either @mvmac or @iacas and we'll help you out.After that, check out this thread to share any bugs you find along with your likes/dislikes, and check out this thread to see what awesome new features you can use on this site. Finally, once you're on the site, do a few things if you don't mind: Check your account settings. This is where you can clean up your signature.Edit your profile (to possibly include your GAME Golf account). Do this by clicking "Edit Profile" on your name in the top right corner of the site.Add or replace the cover photo on your profile. They're now Facebook-like dimensions. Change your avatar if it looks distorted, too.
    • Failed Logins   10/06/2015

If you attempt to log in and can not, please email (just one of) erik@thesandtrap.com or mike@thesandtrap.com to have your account password re-set. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New in Charlotte

2 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. First post on here. Live in Charlotte, NC and just generally love most things about golf. Didn't catch the bug until my mid-20's but despite limited time and access have managed to play down to about a 10 over the last 10 years. Love talking course design and players on tour as well as gadgets, equipment and fashion. Also a member of the Donald Ross Society and one of the local clubs here in Charlotte.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• My Swing (Foot-Wedge)
      By Foot-Wedge · Posted
      Awesome  MVMAC! Thanks for the tips and will report back. Very thorough response!
    • TST's New IPS Forum - Post Your Bugs, Etc.
      By dkolo · Posted
      Yeah, I had to jump through a bunch of hoops myself with posting the golf bag review photos and re sending them from my phone at lower resolution once I bumped up against the limit. Really should only come up with photo heavy posts like reviews. Maybe those will have a dedicated place in the future like the old site and with a different limit. It's a problem that's fairly limited in scope, I imagine. 
    • Gambling on the golf course is it a necessity?
      By mvmac · Posted
      Yeah other than golf, I don't gamble very much. Maybe about once a year with buddies playing liar's dice or cards (which usually takes place after golf). I'll be in Vegas next week for 3 days and might not even gamble. If I do, it will only be a few bets.  All good with the USGA. http://usga.org/Rule-Books/Rules-of-Golf/Gambling/
    • The Dan Plan - 10,000 Hours to Become a Pro Golfer (Dan McLaughlin)
      By Lihu · Posted
      The same examples that you give for Olympic sprinters applies somewhat to golf. For example, there are plenty of people who can hit reasonably far, plenty of people who can hit their irons within 30 feet from 180 yards, plenty of people who can make 29 putts per round or better and plenty of people who can chip really well as well. Put all those skills together into one person and you have a very rare individual. The reason people think golf is so much easier than running a 10 second 100m dash is because many people can do individual parts of what a pro can do. It's tempting to say, "If I only could putt?", or "Once I get my approach shots. . ." Another thing is the pros are not casting the club to get 105-110 mph swing speeds, they are using a highly optimized and mechanically sound swing to get an average SS of 113mph. Some swing faster and very few swing that much slower. The average scores for the PGA tour range from 69 to 72 on courses with ratings like 76/150 to 78/150. http://www.pgatour.com/stats/stat.120.html. Web.com averages 68 to 73 on slightly easier courses. http://www.pgatour.com/webcom/stats/stat.108.html. This is approximately as little as 63 on a standard rated course 72/125 (average course is 72/113). My guess is that the course layouts are so much easier for the pros that they could score even lower on our courses and setups.
    • Practicing with hit away or cut balls
      By metbid · Posted
      If all you are doing is working on swing mechanics, you might want to invest in a net and hit into it.  Then you can keep re-using them, and the environment will thank you.
  • Images

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Blog Entries