IGNORED

Swingbyte vs TrackMan - Review by Andrew Rice

Note: This thread is 3964 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was interested in club path and face measurements and according to Rice, SB needs work. Obviously a device that is a fraction of the cost of TM isn't going to be as accurate, but he gave both in terms of accuracy a 1/5. One guy in the comments said SB returned 36 degrees in-out. To quote Johnny Miller, yowza . Oh well, maybe the next version will be better. He gave CH speed and attack angle better marks though.

http://www.andrewricegolf.com/2013/06/swingbyte-vs-trackman/

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Its unfortunate that he didn't have the Swingbyte 2.  The original simply wouldn't stay put on the club shaft, which is probably why the path and face were off while the clubhead speed and angle of attack were accurate.  I think they've improved the latching mechanism on the second version.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hi! I already said it in another post but I got the swingbyte 2 since one week

and I confirm that the club face and swingpath(which were the important data for me)

are not accurate at all...for now.

I compared my data using a 45000$ golf simulator against SB2.

I found that SB2 was more consistent in club head speed then the simulator.

The problem with swing path and face angle is that SB2 doesn't know where your

target is so it assumes that it is where the club face is pointing.

In other word you have to have a perfect square face relative to your target and

perfectly aligned SB2 to your clubface to get usefull data for clubpath and face angle at impact.

In my case I usually have a closed club face at adress so SB2 think my target is way

left then I have ridiculous 25 degree inside-out clubpath. This problem should be fix

when the ITR(target recognition) will be available in the next software update.

Note: This thread is 3964 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!