IGNORED

"Hey! While we're young!" - USGA Pace of Play

clarkgriswold
Note: This thread is 3860 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Thank God. I don't understand how it can take some people so long to golf. I was playing 9 with a friend of mine and his sister, and we finished in just under an hour and a half. We weren't rushing, and none of us are great. Granted, I can understand walking takes a bit longer, but you should still be able to finish a round in under 4 hours.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just saw this on TGC and then went to the website and watched the spots.  Not bad for the most part.  The one with Anika is a little wierd . .I didn't really get what that was about . .she seemed to be practicing saying "While we're young" . . anyway.   The problem with Pro Golfers is they are not pro-actors . . if I didn't read it on the USGA site, I would never have made the connection to Rodney Dangerfield in Caddy Shack.  Even the one with Paula Creamer where she's practicing her "Rodney" delivery . .I still didn't get it.  I was like who's Rodney?  They deliver that line about as well as he golfed in that movie, lol.

I think it's a good start, though.  I support *anything* to help raise awareness of slow play.

The USGA did some research, apperently, and posted on thier site that:

91% of serious golfers are bothered by slow play

70% believe it has worsened over time

50% have walked off the course mid-round because of slow play.

In my opinion, what it's really going to take is for courses to realize they can attract more business than they lose by enforcing pace of play.  Maybe these spots and the USGA statistics can help them come to that realization.  In any case . . I give the effort a solid B . .and definitely look forward to seeing the spots on TV.

Played in a foursome last Friday afternoon of 3 walkers and one rider and we finished in 3 1/2 hours. We were the first group out after a shotgun tournament finished so we didnt have to wait at all between holes. We had a blast chatting and joking with eachother but we still played ready golf. None of us are great golfers by any stretch but we got it done well under 4 hours. Those ads were awesome!

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

It is up to the courses though.  They have to push it.  I played Sunday and it took an hour for the first three holes.  Five hours total.  It only takes one group to mess up the entire pace.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

All these courses must have marshals out patrolling, looking for slow groups, and getting them to speed up.

Every time I've played a course with marshals, no slow play and no long rounds.

Every time I've played a course with no marshals, its way too slow and very long rounds.

Its all you need MARSHALS!

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

People are taking notice. I was at the course on Sun when they bounced a foursome from the property and I heard it happened the day before. Story is ranger asked group to pick up the pace twice and they got mouthy. She asked them to step out of their carts, took the keys and asked them to hoof it off. Not just gone for the day but 86'd. By the time I got out of the clubhouse after listening to it transpire on the radios there was a black and white in the parking lot.

• Upvote 1

Dave :-)

Originally Posted by Dave2512

People are taking notice. I was at the course on Sun when they bounced a foursome from the property and I heard it happened the day before. Story is ranger asked group to pick up the pace twice and they got mouthy. She asked them to step out of their carts, took the keys and asked them to hoof it off. Not just gone for the day but 86'd. By the time I got out of the clubhouse after listening to it transpire on the radios there was a black and white in the parking lot.

Good.

Ryan M

Originally Posted by Dave2512

What course was this? Glad they 86 them dumbasses.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Since my last post I've received two emails with "while we're young" as the subject. If you're on the mailing lists of the USGA and Golf Channel you'll be getting them too.

All these courses must have marshals out patrolling, looking for slow groups, and getting them to speed up. Every time I've played a course with marshals, no slow play and no long rounds. Every time I've played a course with no marshals, its way too slow and very long rounds. Its all you need MARSHALS!

There are Marshalls on every single course here in Myrtle Beach. And 5 hour rounds are common. Trust me, you need more than a marshal to solve slow play. I'm glad the USGA is taking notice and starting their own campaign. I saw the email this morning, and watched the video spots. I did not make the correlation between the Anika spot and Rodney D. from Caddyshack until I saw the Paula Creamer spot. The tiger spot and Clint Eastwood spot are funny though.

Originally Posted by Motley01

What course was this? Glad they 86 them dumbasses.

Coyote Creek and I heard they've been booting people at the Dunes too. I've noticed increased ranger activity at all the courses I play in the last 30 days or so. An even bigger problem, so I hear, is people bringing beer on to the course. The police are being called when they catch people. Even little things like ignoring the "on path" signs is enough to be asked to leave. They're not messing around anymore.

I was #446 taking the pledge.

All I can say is that it's about time.  If it takes being hit over the head with a 2x4 to get someone's attention, then so be it.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Seriously more pace of play threads, come on guys.

you know what will happen, they'll get pace of play down to 4 hours a round, and people will bitch as to why its not 3 hours per round.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Seriously more pace of play threads, come on guys. you know what will happen, they'll get pace of play down to 4 hours a round , and people will bitch as to why its not 3 hours per round.

I'll take it!!

Originally Posted by MyrtleBeachGolf

I'll take it!!

This!!! Four hours is an acceptable speed. Even terrible golfers should be able to finish a round in this time frame.

Ryan M

Originally Posted by saevel25

Seriously more pace of play threads, come on guys.

you know what will happen, they'll get pace of play down to 4 hours a round, and people will bitch as to why its not 3 hours per round.

Not sure why you clearly have issues with those that want or require just a sane pace of play. It seems to me that more threads on the subject speaks to the relative importance of said subject to the golfing community.

• Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 3860 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!