• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RonTheSavage

My local driving range is Awesome

11 posts in this topic

Went to hit a bucket of balls this morning at my closest grass driving range which is in Oakland. It's called Metropolitan Golf Links. It's the official practice range of the top rated University of California golf team. Those guys are always out there and it's cool to see how well they hit ball after ball. Today it was awesome for a new reason. It's packed so I'm walking down the line looking for an open space. I spot a tall blonde on the range absolutely destroying ball after ball. After closer inspection of her Nike Tour Bag I spot the name Amanda Blumenherst. She's out there alone just hitting balls with regular guys like myself. Turns out she's married to Oakland A's first baseman Nate Freiman. But anyway I never looked at her as hot before, but but she's dropped about 25lbs and she's STUNNING in person. I was hitting two stalls behind her and while she was changing clubs I asked her if I could snap a pic of her bag so my buddies would believe me when I tell them that I saw her. She smiled and said of course. [IMG][IMG] [/IMG][/IMG]

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Not sure if I correctly uploaded the pic of her bag but here goes

and the range looks pretty good too!

Is it just the angle or is her right leg too straight?

Her name reminds me of Erica Blasburg who died 3 years ago.

Originally Posted by Ole_Tom_Morris

Is it just the angle or is her right leg too straight?

http://thesandtrap.com/t/55080/myth-of-maintaining-address-flexion-in-the-rear-knee/

Awards and Achievements

That's pretty awesome. She looks pretty good in this picture for sure

Thanks! I wish I could've gotten a pic with her or something but I didn't wanna be THAT GUY. Plus her husband is like 6'8 230 lbs. He's a monster lol

Yum... Socks like those make my berries all tingly...

Awards and Achievements

Originally Posted by iacas

http://thesandtrap.com/t/55080/myth-of-maintaining-address-flexion-in-the-rear-knee/

For me, a straight right leg means that I begin the downswing with a right hip pivot and not a weight shift to the left hip begun by a right knee drive.   Straight right leg does keep the right side higher in the backswing and maybe makes it easier to hit down on the ball versus sweeping it.   IMO.

Originally Posted by Ole_Tom_Morris

For me, a straight right leg means that I begin the downswing with a right hip pivot and not a weight shift to the left hip begun by a right knee drive.   Straight right leg does keep the right side higher in the backswing and maybe makes it easier to hit down on the ball versus sweeping it.   IMO.

Nobody said a "straight" right leg. Straight is a binary state. Her leg isn't straight, so I don't know how it can be "too straight." That's like being half pregnant.

And you're listed as a 20 index… virtually every PGA Tour player decreases flex in the backswing of his trail knee. That's all. Read the other thread and participate there if you want.

Awards and Achievements

Checked out the website. Those are very reasonable rates given how well maintained it looks. Same for the short game area. I pay just about the same... for mats.

Feel the jealously from the concrete jungle.

Awards and Achievements

Originally Posted by nevets88

Checked out the website. Those are very reasonable rates given how well maintained it looks. Same for the short game area. I pay just about the same... for mats.

Feel the jealously from the concrete jungle.

I like Metro's driving range; it's probably the one of the best in the Bay. Could almost say that it maintained well enough to be an annual tour driving range. Obviously, good enough for Cal's golf team (I think they have their own private short game practice area too with Cal flags on each hole).

The course is nicely maintained, but being that it's a links course, I don't play very well there with all the wind.