IGNORED

Practice Facilities in Houston

geauxforbroke
Note: This thread is 3953 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just moved to Houston a couple of months ago and I'm looking for a good practice facility (one where I can practice short game as well as full shots). I'm in the Galleria area, so something out my direction would be preferable. Only requirement is that they don't use mats.

Any suggestions?

Tyler Martin

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

There isn't much by the Galleria unless you go to the local courses like Wildcat.  Probably the closest range to you is the Marti Golf Center in West Houston.  I live in Sugar Land and go to the Stafford Golf Center on US Hwy. 90.  All grass, no mats, no real putting green, a decent green for pitching for up to 60 yards or so, and a buy 10 buckets get 5 free program, so it's 15 100 ball buckets for $80.  If you like to practice like I do it's a pretty good deal.  Good people and a decent, although anything but high-end, place to hit.  PM me if you want for more details.

If you venture out to Katy, TX there is a new Top Golf there.  Fun for showing off for girls with food beer and it's easy to hit the back of the range and get "points.

Wildcat like mentioned before is a great facility.  I've played many tournaments there, two courses and a nice practice range.

Stay away from Gus Wortham Municipal.  There is a bum on hole #2 that steals your drive and tries to sell it back for $1.

Welcome to Houston!

If you're willing to go North there is Tour 18 in Humble which is a pretty awesome course.  Each hole is replicated from a famous hole on a Tour course.  (3 holes from Amen corner, Bay Hill, Blue Monster, etc).  Affordable tee times.

If you're looking for a CC Canongate is affordable and has courses in The Woodlands (where I am) and also down in League City.

Originally Posted by TJBam

If you venture out to Katy, TX there is a new Top Golf there.  Fun for showing off for girls with food beer and it's easy to hit the back of the range and get "points.

Wildcat like mentioned before is a great facility.  I've played many tournaments there, two courses and a nice practice range.

Stay away from Gus Wortham Municipal.  There is a bum on hole #2 that steals your drive and tries to sell it back for $1.

Welcome to Houston!

Thanks. I've been to Top Golf a couple of times in Katy and up in Dallas. It's fun, but way too expensive to be a realistic practice facility. Plus I never practice off of mats.

I'll have to get out to Wildcat to check it out.

Tyler Martin

Originally Posted by geauxforbroke

Thanks. I've been to Top Golf a couple of times in Katy and up in Dallas. It's fun, but way too expensive to be a realistic practice facility. Plus I never practice off of mats.

I'll have to get out to Wildcat to check it out.

What's your industry?

Originally Posted by TJBam

What's your industry?

I'm an auditor for a large regional public accounting firm. You?

Tyler Martin

Originally Posted by geauxforbroke

I'm an auditor for a large regional public accounting firm. You?

Transload/transportation serving oil&gas; and exploration&production.;  Dang!! Was hoping you were a potential customer that I could take out "for free"

Note: This thread is 3953 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!