IGNORED

2013 Traveler's Championship Discussion Thread

LucasBP
Note: This thread is 3930 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by 0ldblu3

Is Bubba blaming his caddy for that triple? Seems like it with the tone and whining, blame voice.

I didn't like the way Bubba acted either...rather childish if you ask me. You know the yardage from the tee, and you know how far you hit your clubs...if you don't agree with the caddy's club RECOMENDATION, then you should probably decide that before you hit your shot. Unless you are a lost puppy who needs his hand held constantly. Grow up.

And the third shot from 125 the divot went almost to the green...

I lost a lot of respect for him today...

R7

Edge 3-SW with Apex4 Steel shafts

Burner 2.0 AW

Putter

Street Shoes

Glove

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Crazy Ken Duke finally won. Great tournament this year. I really love this course.

PS- That Chris Stroud sure has a handsome swing.

I concur on the swing - I am trying for that tempo going back -- it's almost tooooo slow on Stroud.

When Stroud lasered that first drive 350 yds, I thought game .. set .. match. And then he puts a sand wedge into the bunker! That should not have happened. That crap happens to me ... not to a Chris Stroud ... but ... it happens.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by BostonBrew

He wasn't happy with the club selection on the tee shot. And then it sounded like he didn't believe the yardage from the drop zone.

Just venting some frustration haha

Bubba really comes off bad when he has these temper tantrums on the course.  He's the pro and needs to own these decisions since ultimately he gets final say on what club to use instead of blaming his caddie.  I'd say he cracked under the pressure....

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Quote:

Crazy Ken Duke finally won. Great tournament this year. I really love this course.

PS- That Chris Stroud sure has a handsome swing.

I concur on the swing - I am trying for that tempo going back -- it's almost tooooo slow on Stroud.

When Stroud lasered that first drive 350 yds, I thought game .. set .. match. And then he puts a sand wedge into the bunker! That should not have happened. That crap happens to me ... not to a Chris Stroud ... but ... it happens.

Yea... hard game, I guess.

Hard to pinpoint a damn thing wrong with this swing:

Maybe hips a bit more forward on that last vid (FO driver)? Or would that mess with his fade a bit too much.... Or maybe I should just shut my peanut gallery trap on this one

Constantine

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Bubba really comes off bad when he has these temper tantrums on the course.  He's the pro and needs to own these decisions since ultimately he gets final say on what club to use instead of blaming his caddie.  I'd say he cracked under the pressure....

I agree.

Great final round. I had hoped DeLaet would win it but his time will come soon! Couldn't have gone to a better and deserving player Ken Duke!

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Yea... hard game, I guess.

Hard to pinpoint a damn thing wrong with this swing:

He definitely moves his head too far back in his backswing from the caddy view.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Watching the re-broadcast on Golf Channel. They just put up a graphic showing the leaderboard and their World Golf Rankings. Bubba Watson is 19th in the world?!?! Seriously?! I can think of so many guys I'd have higher ranked than Bubba and it would definitely be more than 18.

Good for Duke, but I couldn't help pulling for Stroud after that clutch chip in.

Felt bad for Bubba too, he's one of my favorites and he really made himself look bad taking it out on his caddie. He had the right distance after the drop, but probably hit it too aggressively because he was p****** off. :/

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Bubba comes off looking like a spoiled brat, again.  I used to like this guy, but he's just an emotional train wreck and it's hard for me to root for him anymore.  When he's not crying, he's yelling. When he wins, he thanks god and when he loses, he screams at someone or blames someone besides himself.

Congrats to Ken Duke. That was really nice to see him get a win.  It was exciting that Stroud chipped in, but I thought he went a little too far with pumping up the crowd.  You want to gesture to the crowd and try to get them fired up, 1 2, 3, maybe 4 times, ok.  But this guy did it like a dozen times; I thought it became a little much. You could tell Ken Duke thought so too, which made it even better when he came through to win it.

Originally Posted by albatross

Bubba comes off looking like a spoiled brat, again.  I used to like this guy, but he's just an emotional train wreck and it's hard for me to root for him anymore.  When he's not crying, he's yelling. When he wins, he thanks god and when he loses, he screams at someone or blames someone besides himself.

Congrats to Ken Duke. That was really nice to see him get a win.  It was exciting that Stroud chipped in, but I thought he went a little too far with pumping up the crowd.  You want to gesture to the crowd and try to get them fired up, 1 2, 3, maybe 4 times, ok.  But this guy did it like a dozen times; I thought it became a little much. You could tell Ken Duke thought so too, which made it even better when he came through to win it.

Actually, I loved Stroud's celebratory jog around part of the green. Golf needs more of that "enthusiasm." I guess you didn't like Ryder Cup putting celebration of Justin Leonard's putt, which was 100X worse in terms of celebratory.

Duke was already in the scoring tent ... so your point is ... well ... pointless.

Stroud couldn't hit the green on a 90 yd sand wedge on the first playoff hole to place pressure on Duke. Duke was strong enough on his first terrible looking drive to drive that ball through a trap, or it was game, set, match.

Funny game.

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v;=cUA9g9HfRPg[/VIDEO] Not sure the title "Bubba Goes Off on Caddy," is exactly accurate, but he definitely got snippy.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Congrats to Mr. Duke...........pretty cool to see an older guy win on tour. And by the way this Chris Stroud guy has an absolutely fantastic looking swing and will probably have a pretty succesful career. He SHOULD have way more chances to win so I dont feel too bad for the guy.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Nothing wrong with the celebration in my opinion. Would be pretty difficult to contain your emotions after chipping in to force a playoff. Specially when it's your first real chance at winning on tour. Could care less if he danced around or if he started doing jumping jacks, he's happy.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Actually, I loved Stroud's celebratory jog around part of the green. Golf needs more of that "enthusiasm." I guess you didn't like Ryder Cup putting celebration of Justin Leonard's putt, which was 100X worse in terms of celebratory.

Duke was already in the scoring tent ... so your point is ... well ... pointless.

Stroud couldn't hit the green on a 90 yd sand wedge on the first playoff hole to place pressure on Duke. Duke was strong enough on his first terrible looking drive to drive that ball through a trap, or it was game, set, match.

Funny game.

I wasn't talking about the celebrations right after the chip, maybe my post was confusing. I understand being pumped up after that, but I meant the shouting and gesturing to the crowd over a dozen times on the playoff holes.  If you were watching, he never stopped. He was doing it between every shot, and there was one moment where they showed Duke and you could tell he was getting annoyed.   So it isn't pointless.  It's my opinion.  He overdid it and went from celebrating during the playoff holes, to being unsportsmanlike.

I wasn't talking about the celebrations right after the chip, maybe my post was confusing. I understand being pumped up after that, but I meant the shouting and gesturing to the crowd over a dozen times on the playoff holes.  If you were watching, he never stopped. He was doing it between every shot, and there was one moment where they showed Duke and you could tell he was getting annoyed.   So it isn't pointless.  It's my opinion.  He overdid it and went from celebrating during the playoff holes, to being unsportsmanlike.

Oh I thought you meant on the chip shot. I agree to an extent about the playoffs, it was a bit too much.

Originally Posted by albatross

I didn't mind it...it wasn't when Duke was lining up a shot or anything...It reminded me of Happy Gilmore when he is in the tee box and the marshal puts up the "quiet" sign. He turns to the crowd, and tells em to make a little noise!

I think golf needs more guys that really show their enthusiasm for the sport!

R7

Edge 3-SW with Apex4 Steel shafts

Burner 2.0 AW

Putter

Street Shoes

Glove

Note: This thread is 3930 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!