IGNORED

2013 NCAA College Football

LucasBP
Note: This thread is 3722 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I agree, but it's pretty awesome to have a guy who can run urban's offense like that.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I agree, but it's pretty awesome to have a guy who can run urban's offense like that.

It's impressive that the backup can come in and run the offense just as well (if not better) than the starter.

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

So SC drops the ax on Kiffin. It was inevitable, but I didn't think it would happen this soon considering Pat Haden has been "100% behind Kiffin" since the start of the season. After Saturday's loss, I'm already thinking of this season as a rebuilding season am eager to know who the successor will be.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

If they named tornados that laid waste to everything they came into contact with, one should be named Kiffin.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

So SC drops the ax on Kiffin. It was inevitable, but I didn't think it would happen this soon considering Pat Haden has been "100% behind Kiffin" since the start of the season. After Saturday's loss, I'm already thinking of this season as a rebuilding season am eager to know who the successor will be.

After the way he left Tennessee, seems that Kiffin got what he deserved, being pulled off the team bus, then thrown under it.

He's just a spoiled brat who road his daddy's coat tails. There's no wonder his team went to shit after he fired his dad off the team.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

• 3 weeks later...
Damn, Johnny Manziel is fun to watch! So far now, 7,8,9,11,15,and 22 have lost today! (Or yesterday) and it's 100% guarantee at least one more top ten team is going down tonight!

Damn, Johnny Manziel is fun to watch!

So far now, 7,8,9,11,15,and 22 have lost today! (Or yesterday) and it's 100% guarantee at least one more top ten team is going down tonight!

So glad my Vols beat Carolina today :)

Jeff

What do you guys think about Baylor putting up 69 or more in five of their first six games?

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Damn, Johnny Manziel is fun to watch! So far now, 7,8,9,11,15,and 22 have lost today! (Or yesterday) and it's 100% guarantee at least one more top ten team is going down tonight!

Even though he got his ASS kicked? How about FSU though?!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Even though he got his ASS kicked?

How about FSU though?!

Yeah, when I turned it on he was getting treated for an injury, and when he came back he was getting chased around pretty good.  So, yes, even though he got his ass kicked, he was entertaining as hell. ;)

I know, huh!  Go Bulldogs!  6-0, 17th ranked prior to this weekend, and with so many teams ahead of them losing, probably gaining at least a few spots ... maybe up to 14??  And Derek Carr?!?!?!  412 yards, 4 TDs ... about to sneak his way onto the Heisman watch!!!  As an alum I could not be more excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh ...

wait ...

Were you talking about Florida State, and not Fresno State?

Whoops, my bad.  Yeah,  I guess they're OK too. :-P

What do you guys think about Baylor putting up 69 or more in five of their first six games?

It's partially impressive, but you got to admit, it's not as impressive as Oregon. Just because Baylor has played,

Wofford - Not an FBS school.

Buffalo - 42nd scoring defense

La.-Monroe - 86th scoring defense

West Virginia - 84th scoring defense

Kansas St. - 57th scoring defense

Iowa St. - 111th scoring defense

When the best defense you faced is Buffalo, never facing even a top 30 defense. They are playing defenses that average giving up 28.4 points a game.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Not going to be denied, GO BUCKEYES!!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Not going to be denied, GO BUCKEYES!!!

Lol, impressive! He got to the 6, decided it was too easy, then went back 4 yards to add some challenge. The box score should credit him with a 27 yd td run instead of 19. ;) I haven't seen osu play this year so be honest: do they have a legit title shot? Or is their record due more to a weak big 10? Do you think they could hang with fsu, bama or Oregon?

Lol, impressive! He got to the 6, decided it was too easy, then went back 4 yards to add some challenge. The box score should credit him with a 27 yd td run instead of 19. ;)

I haven't seen osu play this year so be honest: do they have a legit title shot? Or is their record due more to a weak big 10? Do you think they could hang with fsu, bama or Oregon?

Tough to say. Its like damned if you do, damned if you don't. If they blow out the big ten opponents, people will just say its the big ten being bad. If they win tough close games, they will say OSU isn't that good. So really as an OSU fan, I don't give a shit what the BCS thinks, if OSU goes undefeated we'll see were they end up at.

I do say this though, OSU has Urban Meyer as a head coach. He went 65-15 in the SEC. Nick Saban has gone 73 - 13 in the SEC. One extra season, and 2 less losses, and one more NC trophy. To me, that isn't much of a difference. To suddenly think because he's gone to the big ten that his teams are not as good. That he isn't recruiting the same type of players as he did at Florida. I mean come on, the guy has had top 5 recruiting classes the last two years. He's beaten the best in the SEC, started their era of supremacy in NC games. I don't get how you can discredit his team just because he switched conferences. That just boggles my mind.

So, if there are two other undefeated teams, lets say ACC and Pac-12, then yes I think OSU is out. They don't have enough to jump the human polls and will never make up ground in the computer polls. There only hope is to win out, and hope that there is only one other 1 loss team. I think that is when Urban's influence comes in, and people put them up at the top, allowing them to make up for their lack of tough schedule.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Tough to say. Its like damned if you do, damned if you don't. If they blow out the big ten opponents, people will just say its the big ten being bad. If they win tough close games, they will say OSU isn't that good. So really as an OSU fan, I don't give a shit what the BCS thinks, if OSU goes undefeated we'll see were they end up at.

I do say this though, OSU has Urban Meyer as a head coach. He went 65-15 in the SEC. Nick Saban has gone 73 - 13 in the SEC. One extra season, and 2 less losses, and one more NC trophy. To me, that isn't much of a difference. To suddenly think because he's gone to the big ten that his teams are not as good. That he isn't recruiting the same type of players as he did at Florida. I mean come on, the guy has had top 5 recruiting classes the last two years. He's beaten the best in the SEC, started their era of supremacy in NC games. I don't get how you can discredit his team just because he switched conferences. That just boggles my mind.

So, if there are two other undefeated teams, lets say ACC and Pac-12, then yes I think OSU is out. They don't have enough to jump the human polls and will never make up ground in the computer polls. There only hope is to win out, and hope that there is only one other 1 loss team. I think that is when Urban's influence comes in, and people put them up at the top, allowing them to make up for their lack of tough schedule.

Yeah, I think that's a fair assessment.  You really only have 3 undefeateds to worry about.  The SEC (Alabama or Missouri), ACC (FSU or Miami) and Oregon.  You don't really have to sweat Baylor or TT, or Fresno State (unfortunately for me) or Northern Illinois.  But, yeah, I do agree that with your schedule, and with what those guys all have left, if any 2 of those first 5 make it to the end undefeated, you guys will be left out in the cold.

Of course, it's also possible that "the cold" could mean a Rose Bowl against an undefeated Oregon team.  (I would guess with their remaining schedule, they might jump past FSU, but for now, who knows) ... That's not really a bad consolation, eh?  Boy, if that happens, it's a pretty good lead in to next seasons 4 team playoff.

Agree on this too. Oregon still has a chance at losing a game with UCLA and Stanford games coming. I think they'll win the UCLA game, but Stanford could be another NC party crasher for the ducks. Florida St has a cake walk of a schedule except against Miami (where I think they'll blow them out) and their last game which is against...Urban Meyer's former Florida Gators. I don't think Oregon will go undefeated this season and wouldn't that be something for Florida St. to lose it's title shot losing to Urban Meyer's former team.

At this point, it looks to be Florida St v Alabama. Still a few weeks left so we'll see.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

Yeah, I think that's a fair assessment.  You really only have 3 undefeateds to worry about.  The SEC (Alabama or Missouri), ACC (FSU or Miami) and Oregon.  You don't really have to sweat Baylor or TT, or Fresno State (unfortunately for me) or Northern Illinois.  But, yeah, I do agree that with your schedule, and with what those guys all have left, if any 2 of those first 5 make it to the end undefeated, you guys will be left out in the cold.

Of course, it's also possible that "the cold" could mean a Rose Bowl against an undefeated Oregon team.  (I would guess with their remaining schedule, they might jump past FSU, but for now, who knows) ... That's not really a bad consolation, eh?  Boy, if that happens, it's a pretty good lead in to next seasons 4 team playoff.

Yea, I think so to. Honestly I like the direction the big ten is going. I think there are some better coaches now, and a lot of programs are starting to recruit nationally. So, we'll see how the future holds. The big ten didn't do so bad last year in the bowl games. The didn't get that winning record, but they held their own against some tough opponents. Also, they all go to play one team tougher because OSU couldn't take a spot. So everyone basically shifted up a bowl game to fill the spots.

Yea, that would be a crazy game, OSU versus Oregon. I put giving Urban a month to prepare against any coach in the nation. The Ducks are good regular season teams, they have not translated well to bowl games. I think the reason is, given a month you can prepare for the spread attack. Given a week, its tough.

Though I do say this, Urban is a psychology major, and he is one of the best at getting his teams up to play. If they go undefeated and don't get put in over a 1 loss team. I feel so sorry for the team we face in the bowl game, cause I know that will be used for the 6 weeks of motivation to get that team angry. Urban's been known to say that he likes coaching an angry team.

Agree on this too. Oregon still has a chance at losing a game with UCLA and Stanford games coming. I think they'll win the UCLA game, but Stanford could be another NC party crasher for the ducks. Florida St has a cake walk of a schedule except against Miami (where I think they'll blow them out) and their last game which is against...Urban Meyer's former Florida Gators. I don't think Oregon will go undefeated this season and wouldn't that be something for Florida St. to lose it's title shot losing to Urban Meyer's former team.

At this point, it looks to be Florida St v Alabama. Still a few weeks left so we'll see.

Yea I pretty much think the same thing, except you never know with a true freshman QB. He's been playing lights out right now, but if he has a hiccup game at the wrong time, watch out.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Note: This thread is 3722 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!