IGNORED

2013 NCAA College Football

LucasBP
Note: This thread is 3696 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Though I do say this, Urban is a psychology major, and he is one of the best at getting his teams up to play. If they go undefeated and don't get put in over a 1 loss team. I feel so sorry for the team we face in the bowl game, cause I know that will be used for the 6 weeks of motivation to get that team angry. Urban's been known to say that he likes coaching an angry team.

What is it about sports (and celebrities in general) names?  Urban is such an odd name, especially when you say it alone, but Urban Meyer sounds normal.  I was watching the Champions Tour last night and Olin Browne was winning.  Sounds find, until you think ... "Olin ... that's an odd name."  Also, Malin (Ackerman).  Many, many others, but those are the only on the tip of my tongue.  Anywho's ... I digress.

Go Bulldogs!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's partially impressive, but you got to admit, it's not as impressive as Oregon. Just because Baylor has played,

Wofford - Not an FBS school.

Buffalo - 42nd scoring defense

La.-Monroe - 86th scoring defense

West Virginia - 84th scoring defense

Kansas St. - 57th scoring defense

Iowa St. - 111th scoring defense

When the best defense you faced is Buffalo, never facing even a top 30 defense. They are playing defenses that average giving up 28.4 points a game.

Oh sure, they play against Div 3 teams and Oregon plays against Div 2 teams.  No comparison ;)

I actually think what they're doing is very unsportsmanlike.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

It's amazing how lenient the NCAA was when handing down the "punishment" to Miami. Ten years worth of infractions results in 9 scholarship losses and no bowl bans. From what I've read, Miami has complied fully in the last three years since the start of the investigation and it's because of this brown-nosing that they're able to get off with a light penalty. I have nothing against Miami, but the NCAA needs to be more consistent when throwing down the hammer.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

Oh sure, they play against Div 3 teams and Oregon plays against Div 2 teams.  No comparison ;)

I actually think what they're doing is very unsportsmanlike.

It's tough to say. I think when you get up by 3-4 TD's, just run base run plays up the middle, don't go all fancy. If the defense your playing can't stop you, then I put no fault in what the score ends up to be. I don't mind teams throwing if it is to get a first down, but don't taking shots down field.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Holy crap on Mizz-SoCar. Mizz nearly pulls out the most improbable run in CFB this year and possibly in 5 years. They may still win the SEC East but this loss was disappointing. What a great game though!

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Notre dame still has an outside chance of playing in a very major bowl if they win out... I think they can beat Stanford... I even think they would give Alabama a good run this year .. If they played them. Tommy coming on strong in the 2 nd half of the season

Like working on the swing,,score means nothing to me. Might just go to the range and give up playing... ( might happen)

Notre dame still has an outside chance of playing in a very major bowl if they win out... I think they can beat Stanford... I even think they would give Alabama a good run this year .. If they played them. Tommy coming on strong in the 2 nd half of the season

I'm a huge Irish fan but I've learned, the last couple of years especially, to keep quiet. :)

The run last year was fantastic but the title game unfolded like I knew it would. Really, I just wanted them to keep it close and not get embarrassed.

Golson played great for a freshman, too bad he's a moron when it comes to exams.  Suspended a semester for cheating, idiot.

I still think Bama would destroy them if they played again this year. I knew Oklahoma would beat em too. Michigan made the Irish look like high schoolers, that loss hurt. I'd rather they lost to So Cal than Michigan.

I just hope they can keep it respectable with Stanford, 9-3 looks great to me.

Paul

I'm a huge Irish fan but I've learned, the last couple of years especially, to keep quiet. :)  The run last year was fantastic but the title game unfolded like I knew it would. Really, I just wanted them to keep it close and not get embarrassed.  Golson played great for a freshman, too bad he's a moron when it comes to exams.  Suspended a semester for cheating, idiot.  I still think Bama would destroy them if they played again this year. I knew Oklahoma would beat em too. Michigan made the Irish look like high schoolers, that loss hurt. I'd rather they lost to So Cal than Michigan. I just hope they can keep it respectable with Stanford, 9-3 looks great to me.

If they played alabama right now,,,notre dame 21 ...Alabama 13

Like working on the swing,,score means nothing to me. Might just go to the range and give up playing... ( might happen)

Are you talking about the same notre dame that squeaked by USC 14-10 last week at home? Or is there another one? Pretty sure that nd would lose to bama by a significant margin.

That score looks good to me. :D

Hopefully what this year is showing us ND fans, Brian Kelly is or has developed a system in South Bend.

Four key defensive players lost to the NFL and after a couple of weeks of growing pains, this D came together.  They just need to avoid the growing pains next year in the early weeks.

Losing the starting QB for stupidity and relying on a second rate QB (prior to this year a 2nd rate anyway), he puts up great numbers by anyone's book.  Five TD's yesterday is something I never thought Tommy Boy had in him, even playing the Irish prep squad.

No depth at QB this year as shown last week.

I never thought I'd say this but Tommy Rees is the key to the offence.

Paul

Are you talking about the same notre dame that squeaked by USC 14-10 last week at home? Or is there another one? Pretty sure that nd would lose to bama by a significant margin.

You are a non believer.,,shame on you. :-(

If we got Joe Montana back..Bettis...and the 4 horseman., we would take that tide 7 days a week...I believe,,,I believe Go nd Go nd

It's amazing how lenient the NCAA was when handing down the "punishment" to Miami. Ten years worth of infractions results in 9 scholarship losses and no bowl bans. From what I've read, Miami has complied fully in the last three years since the start of the investigation and it's because of this brown-nosing that they're able to get off with a light penalty. I have nothing against Miami, but the NCAA needs to be more consistent when throwing down the hammer.

Perhaps they (the NCAA) is starting to look at things a little differently? Usually, my reaction to NCAA penalties is that its really unfair for players, and often times coaches, who weren't in any way involved with the penalties, to pay the price for others' transgressions. Keep in mind, though, that this is an uneducated opinion ... I don't even know what Miami did wrong. I have not followed this story at all. ;)

Perhaps they (the NCAA) is starting to look at things a little differently? Usually, my reaction to NCAA penalties is that its really unfair for players, and often times coaches, who weren't in any way involved with the penalties, to pay the price for others' transgressions. Keep in mind, though, that this is an uneducated opinion ... I don't even know what Miami did wrong. I have not followed this story at all. ;)

More potential felons on college div 1 football..than in Juvenile detention centers. Love bobby bowdens quote a few years back"not concerned what he did..would like to know how he did it" Live by it,.the nature of big time college sports $$$$$$

Man how about OSU leveling Penn State. I wasn't sure OSU could keep Penn State out of the end zone with their tight ends and Robinson at wide out, but the D stepped up.

Carlos Hyde is a beast at tail back. Unless that running back up at Wisconsin gets going, I think Hyde is the best RB in the big ten. This team is really starting to get going, if the D keeps improving watch out.

Just hoping for those undefeated teams around OSU to start loosing. I am not sure Baylor is legit. They still haven't played a top 30 ranked defense. I think Stanford can beat Oregon, they get an extra 4 days to prepare against that offense, which helps. History has shown that Oregon doesn't do well when you give teams more than a week to prepare for them. Their offensive performance is greatly diminished in the bowl games. Give Stanford an extra 4 days, and they know Oregon's offense over the past few years, that game could be a tough one. Alabama could loose, they got some tough game coming up. I don't see Florida State loosing unless their freshman QB decides to start playing like a freshman.

If I have to put odds on it,

15% Florida State versus OSU

5% for Oregon / Alabama versus OSU

80% chance OSU is undefeated and is left out of the championship game.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Man how about OSU leveling Penn State. I wasn't sure OSU could keep Penn State out of the end zone with their tight ends and Robinson at wide out, but the D stepped up. Carlos Hyde is a beast at tail back. Unless that running back up at Wisconsin gets going, I think Hyde is the best RB in the big ten. This team is really starting to get going, if the D keeps improving watch out.  Just hoping for those undefeated teams around OSU to start loosing. I am not sure Baylor is legit. They still haven't played a top 30 ranked defense. I think Stanford can beat Oregon, they get an extra 4 days to prepare against that offense, which helps. History has shown that Oregon doesn't do well when you give teams more than a week to prepare for them. Their offensive performance is greatly diminished in the bowl games. Give Stanford an extra 4 days, and they know Oregon's offense over the past few years, that game could be a tough one. Alabama could loose, they got some tough game coming up. I don't see Florida State loosing unless their freshman QB decides to start playing like a freshman.  If I have to put odds on it, 15% Florida State versus OSU 5% for Oregon / Alabama versus OSU 80% chance OSU is undefeated and is left out of the championship game.

Nope. Absolute 100% guarantee that none of those teams are loosing. Guaranteed! Some of them could certainly lose ... But they won't loose. I promise you. ;)

Nope. Absolute 100% guarantee that none of those teams are loosing. Guaranteed! Some of them could certainly lose ... But they won't loose. I promise you. ;)

You are just contradicting yourself. You say 100% are not loosing, then you say some of them could loose, now you say they won't loose. Umm, the word "could" specifically means not 100% in that context ;)

Out of the top 5 teams who are undefeated. Baylor and Alabama will probably end up with 1 loss. Baylor might loose more than 1, the end of their schedule is just brutal. It will probably be Oregon versus Florida State in the championship game.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Note: This thread is 3696 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!