IGNORED

My Swing (Slice of Life)

Slice of Life
Note: This thread is 1327 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I unfortunately have no way of setting up my phone for caddie view at the moment, is DTL good enough for Evolvr? Or do they really need both?

If DTL is good enough, I'll upload this last one.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Slice of Life

I unfortunately have no way of setting up my phone for caddie view at the moment, is DTL good enough for Evolvr? Or do they really need both?

If DTL is good enough, I'll upload this last one.

Both are kind of important. You can record them on the range somewhere, too. That's probably better than in your basement.

If you're still coming out this way, I'd likely recommend you start evolvr after about a month. That's when you'll either need another kick in the rear or be able to move onto something else.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

Both are kind of important. You can record them on the range somewhere, too. That's probably better than in your basement.

If you're still coming out this way, I'd likely recommend you start evolvr after about a month. That's when you'll either need another kick in the rear or be able to move onto something else.

Fair enough. Problem is, unless I'm at the range with someone else, I have nothing to hold my phone up. As it it, my phone is just sitting on my garage door in the latest video.

Ryan M

• Administrator

Fair enough. Problem is, unless I'm at the range with someone else, I have nothing to hold my phone up. As it it, my phone is just sitting on my garage door in the latest video.

Your bag. Tape it to a driveway marker stick. Ask someone next to you to film a swing (then do the same for him).

This is not exactly a problem without a solution.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Your bag. Tape it to a driveway marker stick. Ask someone next to you to film a swing (then do the same for him).

This is not exactly a problem without a solution.

You have an answer for everything, don't you?

Maybe I'll just get an actual camera and tripod. Then I can continue being an agorophobe and filming myself in the garage.

Ryan M

Still choppin' wood. The left knee and weight on the toes doesn't seem to be an issue. I don't even have to think about it anymore. Same with the back arch.

I'm really struggling with shortening my backswing. I'm trying not to focus on it too much until I have the takeaway mastered...really trying to focus on what Mike's video said...it's just difficult because what's actually happening is a lot different than what I feel is happening.

I see a lot wrong, but when I look back at the first video, I see a lot of improvement.

Went to the range today, and everything was hit solid...not always where I wanted it to go, but a lot of it was. Gap wedge was spot on for a full swing.

Here's an updated video of 4 consecutive swings played back at half speed.

Ryan M

A quick comparison of the changes since the thread started almost 3 weeks ago:

Ryan M

• Administrator

You know the rounding in your upper back at setup?

Feel like you still have that at the top of your backswing.

Try that, and see how it goes.

You know the rounding in your upper back at setup?

Feel like you still have that at the top of your backswing.

Try that, and see how it goes.

I'm trying...it's not happening. I don't know how to make it happen. I still wanna try to make next Saturday happen BTW. Do I have to set up an appointment or somethin'?

Ryan M

• Administrator

I'm trying...it's not happening. I don't know how to make it happen. I still wanna try to make next Saturday happen BTW. Do I have to set up an appointment or somethin'?

No, you just have to confirm that you're coming. PM me and let me know what the timing is.

No, you just have to confirm that you're coming. PM me and let me know what the timing is.

Will do. Should know for sure by this weekend...hopefully by tonight.

Is this more like what you were talking about with keeping the back rounded?

Ryan M

Mother of Hell...after watching that back...is my head supposed to dip down so low near the end of the backswing? I'm thinking no...

Ryan M

I feel like this might be a little more like what you're saying...

If so, I'm gonna keep hitting shots and watching video to make sure I'm keeping at it.

Ryan M

I would do your practice in regular shoes if you can.  You can see how you have too much weight on your back foot into the follow through.  Having the sandals on makes it harder to get the right foot off the ground onto the toe, and the weight forward.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Originally Posted by cipher

I would do your practice in regular shoes if you can.  You can see how you have too much weight on your back foot into the follow through.  Having the sandals on makes it harder to get the right foot off the ground onto the toe, and the weight forward.

Fair enough, I'll quit being lazy.

I see what you're saying about too much weight on the back foot. I'll take that advice and put it in the queue. Trying to focus on too many things right now as it is. Although, the swing plane, back arch, shortened backswing, and left knee are becoming second nature...don't really have to think about them anymore.

Ryan M

Fair enough, I'll quit being lazy.

I see what you're saying about too much weight on the back foot. I'll take that advice and put it in the queue. Trying to focus on too many things right now as it is. Although, the swing plane, back arch, shortened backswing, and left knee are becoming second nature...don't really have to think about them anymore.

Yeah don't worry about trying to get the weight off the back foot for now.  Just work on what Mike and Erik are saying.  But regular shoes will help without even trying anything different.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Originally Posted by cipher

Yeah don't worry about trying to get the weight off the back foot for now.  Just work on what Mike and Erik are saying.  But regular shoes will help without even trying anything different.

Yeah, I'm planning on working with Erik next weekend, so I'm sure a lot of good will come out of that.

I've played golf in flip flops before...surprisingly I played equally as bad...but not worse.

Ryan M

• Administrator

Is this more like what you were talking about with keeping the back rounded?

Kind of, but why does it say "hunched" at CONTACT? I said at the top of your backswing. That'll help stop the super-extension of your upper back at the top of your backswing.

I feel like this might be a little more like what you're saying...

Yes. Much better. Let your hips turn a little more, but keep the hunched feeling at the top of the backswing.

Note: This thread is 1327 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!