IGNORED

Anyone make their own "Sensicore" inserts?

Note: This thread is 3959 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I saw online where someone took a McDonald's plastic straw, wrapped some thin foam around it, and then pushed it down the butt end of the shaft - similar it to the Sensicore inserts Golfsmith offers. Doesn't seem to difficult to make.

http://www.golfsmith.com/product/30028716/true-temper-sensicore-inserts-8-pack

My first thought is that someone has too much time on their hands. I am not going to put a McDonald's straw with some pipe cleaners around it down any of my shafts to save a few bucks.

Where is Shorty on this one?

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by tpcollins

Well, I am retired.  If I don't keep myself busy, my wife will find something for me to  do . . .

I get it. I was more thinking about the guy who made the initial discovery. Don't get me wrong, I love to tinker with my equipment, but this is one area I never thought of. I will stick to grips, lofts and lies.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

Where is Shorty on this one?

Well the obvious response to the OP is "Why would you bother?" :-)

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Tampons for your golf shaft.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I read somewhere about using strands of insulation to make Sensicore-style inserts. I was unable to find the link.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by WUTiger

I read somewhere about using strands of insulation to make Sensicore-style inserts. I was unable to find the link.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/100165680?langId=-1&storeId;=10051&catalogId;=10053&N;=5yc1v&R;=100165680#.UcecGRaz5FI

Note: This thread is 3959 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!