IGNORED

returning golf cart

golf55
Note: This thread is 3946 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I ride 3times a year. Rode a cart today :)

anyway do you guys return the key or leave the key inside the cart when your done. It seems like everyone leave the key inside after they're done.

Originally Posted by golf55

I ride 3times a year. Rode a cart today :)

anyway do you guys return the key or leave the key inside the cart when your done. It seems like everyone leave the key inside after they're done.

Huh?   You do what the course requires.  Usually just leave in in the cart in the cart return area.  I think I played one course many years ago which actually made you leave a $1 deposit for the key, and you got the dollar back when you returned the key to the desk in the pro shop.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've always left them in the cart and haven't played a course yet where I noticed anybody else doing any differently (except one course I play fairly often that has their carts set up to run without a key).

P.S. I have played one course a few times where when you pull up to the bag rack at the end of the round just about the time you get the brake set a couple of guys are unloading the bags and wiping the clubs down before taking them to your car, while another is ready to take the cart (with the key). I'm not even sure he would have a key if somebody took it to the clubhouse. He might have to go back in and get one.

I take the key in every time. If they hand me a key to use the cart it only makes sense to park the cart back where I got it and return the key.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop

I take the key in every time. If they hand me a key to use the cart it only makes sense to park the cart back where I got it and return the key.

Our carts are always cleaned before returning them to the line.  Every course I've played recently has a cart return area for that reason.  When people would do like you do, I had to call one of the cart kids to come and get it before someone got issued a dirty cart.

Rick

I've always cleaned out my cart when I finish my round.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Every local course that I play has a designated area in which to return carts.  This area is "usually" close to where the cart guys will clean them and put them up for the day.   I always leave the key in the cart when returning it because they cart guys will need it in order to clean the cart and either put it up for the night or return it to its spot in line.

Hide the key and leave a list of scavenger hunt clues as to where it is located for the cart guys

Thats funny! :-D

my get up and go musta got up and went..

The course that I play the most requests that we turn the keys in following the round.

Wow, I've never even heard of that :-). Drop the cart at the return and move on.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop

I've always cleaned out my cart when I finish my round.

Swept and washed?  There's more to it than just tossing the drink cups and beer cans.  I'm sure that your head is in the right place, and maybe your course does it that way, but that isn't my usual experience.

Rick

Originally Posted by Fourputt

Swept and washed?  There's more to it than just tossing the drink cups and beer cans.  I'm sure that your head is in the right place, and maybe your course does it that way, but that isn't my usual experience.

It's not mine either. Having spent a few years in the cart barn, we washed them out, wiped the seats and compartments, filled the sand, and even repaired the fiberglass bodies when the occasion warranted. The owners wanted us to take care of their investment so that at the end of the season they were able to get the maximum credit on the new fleet along with every golfer having a clean ride.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

I normally walk but those few times I do ride I just do what the course requires. 9 times out of 10 there's a cart return area and I just leave the key in the cart there. I had a young kid take my cart Friday and asked how my round went and gave me a couple free tokens for the range ball machine. Not sure if he does that for everybody but I left feeling pretty good, and will definitely return to that course.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Originally Posted by Fourputt

That stuff is only done at the end of the day at my local courses. Typically I leave my cart cleaner than I got it. I suppose the courses around here are "high class".

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Typically I leave my cart cleaner than I got it. I suppose the courses around here are "high class".

Good thinking. It's so sensible and considerate to make the kid who cleans out your cart have to do something extra like go back into the pro shop to get a key to move it to where it needs to go next. And by the way, I doubt you actually do leave it cleaner than it was when you first got in, even if you do pick up your empty bottles - especially if there's been any precipitation in the preceeding day. Of course, I'm not familiar with how "high class" golfer's golf shoes work on wet grass or mud - perhaps Boop's shoes automatically shed grass and mud to leave a cart's floor clean. And maybe the course rangers at Boop's "high class" course lay blankets across puddles so that no muddy water ever splashes up the sides of their carts. Even the thoughtfulness of cleaning bottles/cans out may be wasted effort. I pulled a couple of empty Gatorade bottles out of a cart last month trying to find a recyclable bin and when I asked the kid who took the cart from me, he just instructed me to put them back in the cart, pointing out that he has a big recyclables barrel right next to where he takes the carts to clean them out and hose them down. I'm sure that's not uncommon. My practice now is that if I can spot a recyclable bin someplace on the outside of the clubhouse, I'll grab our empties and put them there myself, otherwise, I'll just leave them in the cart. At some point, don't they need to refill or recharge a golf cart, or do they typically last for a full day's worth of use for 2-3 rounds on the initial tank/batteryfull? I have no idea how efficient golf carts are.

In my bag: - Ping G20 driver, 10.5 deg. S flex - Ping G20 3W, 15 deg., S flex - Nickent 4dx 3H, 4H - Nike Slingshot 4-PW - Adams Tom Watson 52 deg. GW - Vokey 58 deg. SW -Ping Half Wack-E putter

Originally Posted by Wisguy

Good thinking. It's so sensible and considerate to make the kid who cleans out your cart have to do something extra like go back into the pro shop to get a key to move it to where it needs to go next. And by the way, I doubt you actually do leave it cleaner than it was when you first got in, even if you do pick up your empty bottles - especially if there's been any precipitation in the preceeding day. Of course, I'm not familiar with how "high class" golfer's golf shoes work on wet grass or mud - perhaps Boop's shoes automatically shed grass and mud to leave a cart's floor clean. And maybe the course rangers at Boop's "high class" course lay blankets across puddles so that no muddy water ever splashes up the sides of their carts.Even the thoughtfulness of cleaning bottles/cans out may be wasted effort. I pulled a couple of empty Gatorade bottles out of a cart last month trying to find a recyclable bin and when I asked the kid who took the cart from me, he just instructed me to put them back in the cart, pointing out that he has a big recyclables barrel right next to where he takes the carts to clean them out and hose them down. I'm sure that's not uncommon. My practice now is that if I can spot a recyclable bin someplace on the outside of the clubhouse, I'll grab our empties and put them there myself, otherwise, I'll just leave them in the cart. At some point, don't they need to refill or recharge a golf cart, or do they typically last for a full day's worth of use for 2-3 rounds on the initial tank/batteryfull? I have no idea how efficient golf carts are.

First, that was a typo, I meant to say the courses aren't high class.

You can be condescending all you like, I already stated nothing is done to the carts as far as cleaning until the end of the day where I golf. There is one place for carts, that's where you get the cart from. Also, every "cart boy" I've ever seen anywhere carries a cart key with them at all times. As far as mud puddles and such, well if it's muddy they have cart path only rule which I have no problem following. I've no doubt there are courses where there is a cart return area and someone who prepares the carts for the next person who will use them but I've never played one.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Note: This thread is 3946 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!