IGNORED

Golf shoes recommendation.......

Note: This thread is 3359 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Kletus

I love my True's, but in my humble opinion they are ugly as sin.  If they ever come out with some more traditional designs they will be pretty much all I wear.

Depends on the model… and your taste:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I bought white Nike TW 2012 at a friends course because I forgot my shoes. I bought them because I liked the design on the bottoms. They looked very aggressive and that they would do their job which is to keep my feet planted. I am not in love with the general look but they are very comfortable and they work awesome at their purpose which is to keep me planted. I liked them so much I bought a second pair black. Now I don't like to wear anything else. I have Footjoys, Ecco's, Trues but I like the Nikes best. You can get them 2012's now for a little over $100.

Originally Posted by geauxforbroke

You don't. Half the time, I play in running shoes. If you're swinging so hard that you need spikes to keep from slipping, you might be swinging too hard.

I could never play a round without spikes, much less have a serious driving range session.

However I have a buddy that comes in from LA every now and then.  Wears Sperry boat shoes with flat slick bottoms and plays just fine.

As for the OP I like the look of the TW 12 and they are on sale at many websites.  I prefer the more traditional look with my FJ's though.

If you like the athletic shoe look I would check out Nike's.  I have a pair I only paid 45 for them and they look great and are comfortable.

Originally Posted by Ratliff

If you like the athletic shoe look I would check out Nike's.  I have a pair I only paid 45 for them and they look great and are comfortable.

Another advantage of Nike golf shoes: They tend to be narrower than most shoes, so if you have A or B width feet, they fit quite nicely without custom ordering.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

The Nike air academy, which I am using this season are very nice looking and are very very comfortable.

What's in my bag: Driver: Taylormade Rocketballz Stage 2 Fariway wood:Taylormade Rocketballz Stage 2 Hybrid: Taylormade Rocketballz Stage 2 Irons: Taylormade Rocketballz HP Irons Wedge: Cleveland 588 Forged 56,60 Wedge Putter: Ping Wackey Putter

• 2 weeks later...

I just picked up the true sensei shoes.  Wow are they light, and I think they look great!  I got them on sale so I had to pull the trigger on a pair.  I won't be able to use them in the mornings, but I will probably pick up a weather proof pair for the mornings next year to go with the sensei shoes.  What is the best True shoe now for water resistance?

back

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Originally Posted by cipher

I just picked up the true sensei shoes.  Wow are they light, and I think they look great!  I got them on sale so I had to pull the trigger on a pair.  I won't be able to use them in the mornings, but I will probably pick up a weather proof pair for the mornings next year to go with the sensei shoes.  What is the best True shoe now for water resistance?

Tours and Stealth are both waterproof. I have both. Stealth are best feeling shoes I own. I might get Sensei but I'm afraid I'd miss the waterproof since I do play in the morning dew more than the afternoons. Where was the sale?

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

Tours and Stealth are both waterproof. I have both. Stealth are best feeling shoes I own. I might get Sensei but I'm afraid I'd miss the waterproof since I do play in the morning dew more than the afternoons. Where was the sale?

Just 15% off of orders over $99 at GS. It was an email promotion for web or in the store. Just had to mention it. I think I will have to save up for the stealth shoes then as well, thanks!

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

www.intheholegolf.com

15% off until July 15

and they have True Linkswear

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

If you don't mind the older design, Rockbottom is selling True Tours for $60. Sizes and colors limited though, but worth a check.

http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/true-linkswear-2012-true-tour-golf-shoes.html

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Adidas Crossflex

^^

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Serious question... Are those for women?  Something about the toe design looks like a shoe for a woman.

Originally Posted by Ratliff

• 1 year later...
I just recently bought the 2013 True Tours and find them very comfortable. I was looking to get the Sensei for everyday use and some golf. When it isn't wet out of course. Good everyday shoe and golf shoe?

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

I just recently bought the 2013 True Tours and find them very comfortable. I was looking to get the Sensei for everyday use and some golf. When it isn't wet out of course. Good everyday shoe and golf shoe?

The sensei is a great all around shoe. I'd pick up a new pair of white ones if I could find them in my size.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Check out tgw they are on sale for $39.99

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Note: This thread is 3359 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!