IGNORED

My Swing (Jeremie Boop)

Jeremie Boop

I've been Playing Golf for: about 7 yrs

My current handicap index or average score is: Average score is around 100

My typical ball flight is: high

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: push right or duck hook

Videos :

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

same session, in grass.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Video's are private, go into youtube account settings and change them to public

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Sorry about that, just didn't want them showing up on random youtube searches. Set them to unlisted. Also, all these shots were with 7i.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Should I add in slow motion versions of these swings also? I did notice in one of the clips my left knee flexed inward too much.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Ok, I shortened the clips from the grass and combined a full speed and 30% speed into one clip. Sorry about the spammed posts. Just trying to put something up that will be of more use

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Looks like you have pretty solid base to start from. Nice swing.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Thanks, it's a lot of youtube videos, online swing tutorials and trial and error! I think there are probably some small*ish* adjustments I have to make to really dial in. Almost all of my shots move right to left except for the odd blocked shot to the right or pulled shot. Looking forward to finally having someone knowledgeable point me in the right direction. My most major mis-hit is the duck hook.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• 3 weeks later...

Please remove this thread. Already made changes to my swing and won't be uploading any new videos.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• 4 weeks later...

Since the thread wasn't removed I figured I'd put this up. I was struggling trying to understand and implement lag into my swing until I really thought about how it would work. I took a few swings and it felt like I had good lag so I had my brother record this for me. There is a significant difference in the position of the club in the checkpoints compared to where I used to be. Anyone able to tell me if this looks correct?

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop

Please remove this thread. Already made changes to my swing and won't be uploading any new videos.

You don't want that!  You want to be able to come back and see how much better your swing looks as you progress.

Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop

Since the thread wasn't removed I figured I'd put this up. I was struggling trying to understand and implement lag into my swing until I really thought about how it would work. I took a few swings and it felt like I had good lag so I had my brother record this for me. There is a significant difference in the position of the club in the checkpoints compared to where I used to be. Anyone able to tell me if this looks correct?

Disclaimer:  Fellow non-expert hacker here, so 'grain of salt' as always.

The lag looks really good to me ... no drastic flip of the club at all.  Two things do stand out though ...

1.  Your left shoulder comes up really fast and early ... I noticed this one because I do the exact same thing. ;)

2.  I notice that almost immediately after impact, you sort of develop some "alligator arms" and all extension is lost.  Seems almost like you "hit" the ball and then quit, rather than swinging through the ball and getting full extension.

Again, can't reiterate enough that my opinion on the subject is as a layperson who knows squat, but figured I'd throw a few things out there anyway. :)

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

You don't want that!  You want to be able to come back and see how much better your swing looks as you progress.

Disclaimer:  Fellow non-expert hacker here, so 'grain of salt' as always.

The lag looks really good to me ... no drastic flip of the club at all.  Two things do stand out though ...

1.  Your left shoulder comes up really fast and early ... I noticed this one because I do the exact same thing. ;)

2.  I notice that almost immediately after impact, you sort of develop some "alligator arms" and all extension is lost.  Seems almost like you "hit" the ball and then quit, rather than swinging through the ball and getting full extension.

Again, can't reiterate enough that my opinion on the subject is as a layperson who knows squat, but figured I'd throw a few things out there anyway. :)

I can see what you mean about the loss of extension, I think that may be related to the left shoulder coming up too fast. If I finish my swing out it might keep my shoulder lower longer.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

While watching the PGA Championship yesterday there was a part where Michael Breed was commenting on Tiger getting stuck and how his left shoulder came up, similar to what GolfingDad said about me. The tip he gave was keeping the chest down. Last night I went out with my friend and was back to making really good contact with the ball with a push draw again by following this tip. I shot a 46 but putted very poorly and probably had 4 or 5 3-putts. I had 3 GIR in a row and ended up with a 2 pars and a bogey. One of the putts was only like 4 feet and missed it. One other problem was because I was hitting the ball so flush I hit over the green a couple times. If I can keep this trend I will definitely have to re-evaluate what clubs to hit for different distances.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• 1 month later...

Ok, so this is my updated swing after playing a round at Whispering Woods with Slice, Saevel25, and Iacas. After the round Eric gave us all a lesson and this is my swing after a few simple fixes he gave me. I know there are a couple of things that are still out of wack, but I saw a few things that are greatly improved. One thing is my head is so much more steady now. Anyone else that sees something off or that needs work, let me know.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Huge improvement from the first video. Lag is much better. Still a little chicken wingy after impact which my be you standing to close to the ball. This forces your hands to tuck in right at and after impact to keep from taking a giant divot. Keep everything else the same and move a couple inches away from the ball would be my suggestion. But for the most part, looks great.

Huge improvement from the first video. Lag is much better. Still a little chicken wingy after impact which my be you standing to close to the ball. This forces your hands to tuck in right at and after impact to keep from taking a giant divot. Keep everything else the same and move a couple inches away from the ball would be my suggestion. But for the most part, looks great.

I'll look at my distance from the ball, but I also implemented another tip that Iacas gave me to try to hit the ball with a lower fight without moving the ball back or changing my swing. Today I went to the range and took an old set of titleist lite 100 irons to practice and get better feedback on my striking. At first I was feeling a lot of vibration and the shots were not flying too well. Once I implemented this swing thought I started hitting clean shots that felt great. The direction wasn't always perfect but I was striking the ball with the center of the face and the trajectory was fantastic. I was even able to get some great 2 iron strikes with good distance and height. My plan is to work on my striking with these older and much harder to hit irons focusing on the 3 things I was given to work on through the winter and hopefully when the season starts back up next spring I'll have come close to mastering them. I asked what a realistic goal for lowering my hc to by the end of next year and I intend to do my best to hit it.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Just don't get discourage if you see a drastic drop in handicap and have it plateau on you. The strokes get really tougher to drop off when you reach about 8 handicap. Just the odds of hitting greens, and making putts, you really got to make birdies. Its tough to get 18 pars.

Keep at it, looking forward to your improvement.

On the video, not sure if it something you would be concerned about now. Be mindful of that extra few degrees of rotation you get with your shoulders in the backswing. It does look like it lifts your head vertically.  Its not much, but its just a slight overswing. But you were concentrating on drills Erik was having you do, so its understandable for something to pop up.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping: