IGNORED

Bubba Gets Mad at his Caddie

RadioCop
Note: This thread is 3902 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by tomvk77

For this matter. There is only one person who is responsible for the outcome off the shot, and that is the one

with the club in hand, not the one carrying them.

If you doubt the caddies call, let him check it again. simple...

Yes. And this is why most players have a policy where they physically pull the club themselves. To take responsibility.

Bubba is a "fair weather" great guy.

His social media self promotion has fooled a lot of folks who conveniently forget his sourpus attitude, no matter how many times he says he wasnts to have fun and

play "Bubba Golf'. All bets are off when the sponsorship PR cameras are gone. He's an A grade *&%ck

And don't get me started on his "belief system" and apparent homophobia.

• Upvote 1

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Alright...Ill bite...whats his belief system and where does his "apparent" homophobia come from? Mailman

Mailman

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by mailman

Alright...Ill bite...whats his belief system and where does his "apparent" homophobia come from? Mailman

Chris Broussard made a strongly worded argument against Jason Collins , who announced he was homosexual yesterday, calling Collins’ lifestyle sinful.

“Personally I don’t believe that you can live an openly homosexual lifestyle or an openly premarital sex between heterosexuals,” Broussard said.  ”If you’re openly living that type of lifestyle, the Bible says you know them by their fruits, it says that’s a sin. If you’re openly living in unrepentant sin, whatever it may be, not just homosexuality, adultery, fornication, premarital sex between heterosexuals, whatever it may be. I think that’s walking in open rebellion to God and to Jesus Christ. I would not characterize that person as a Christian because I don’t think the Bible would characterize them as a Christian.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bubba watson

@ bubbawatson

Thanks @ Chris_Broussard for sharing your faith & the bible!!

Oh Jeez, here we go again. This is now an even more rediculous thread. You did not have enough of this crap in the other bubba thread guys? These threads are so infantile. Every time I see a thread about a pro golfer's attitude, beliefs or character it makes me wonder what I keep coming to the site for.
  • Upvote 1

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

I have never much liked bubba and I am not surprised he'd be a bit of a baby after mishitting a 9I into the drink. A little perspective though, my man still top 5'd the event and cashed a big check. The whole line about not showing up is more insulting to me than the caddy stuff. My man has too much money and not enough sense.

HiBore XLS 9.5* Driver

AMP 15* SF 3 Wood

R11 3 and 4 hybrid

AP1 712 5-GW

52* Gap Wedge

SV 56* Wedge

SV 60* Wedge

35" Melbourne Putter

Hex Black Tour

Oh Jeez, here we go again. This is now an even more rediculous thread. You did not have enough of this crap in the other bubba thread guys? These threads are so infantile. Every time I see a thread about a pro golfer's attitude, beliefs or character it makes me wonder what I keep coming to the site for.

I had to assume that mailman had not seen that thread. Even so, when a player so willingly displays his character ( or lack thereof) it is a good antidote to those who may believe the spin they churn out nowadays to counter it.

Originally Posted by Shorty

I had to assume that mailman had not seen that thread.

Even so, when a player so willingly displays his character ( or lack thereof) it is a good antidote to those who may believe the spin they churn out nowadays to counter it.

Fair enough.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

You are right Shorty, I hadnt seen that other thread. I dont see any problems what so ever with what Bubba wrote...in todays age of managed PR (think of Tulisa Controwhatshername as the ultimate PR job as in the image portrayed by her PR is about a millions miles from what the real person is like) Id rather Bubba was open and honest about things he believes in instead of having him pander to what ever the politically correct climate dictates we have to say. Regards Mailman

Mailman

Originally Posted by Shorty

And don't get me started on his "belief system" and apparent homophobia.

Scientology has pretty much debunked most of Bubba's beliefs.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Scientology has pretty much debunked most of Bubba's beliefs.

Funny thing is that it s no less credible! ;-)

Originally Posted by mailman

Alright...Ill bite...whats his belief system...

Now you've done it!

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

• Administrator

Back on the actual topic now please.

Thank you.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The fundamental difference is that the player-caddie on course interaction is in the public. The mature way to handle this situation is for Bubba to publicly own the mistake (he hit the shot), but deal with his caddie privately. It's no different than if my secretary makes an error. I'm the attorney and I'm responsible for everything with my name on it. To the court I own the mistake. But I talk to my secretary privately to make sure it never happens again. I definitely have a different take on Bubba than I did before. Just childish behavior.

I agree that it's best to handle things like this privately but I disagree that Bubba reaction was childish. Sometimes, in business or competition (and this is actually both) emotions run high and things get said that perhaps shouldn't have been said at that moment. Either way, I just don't see it as a very big deal.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

AHHAAA!!!!!

Who wasn't waiting for me to get going after Shortys post??  JK.  I don't want to get into that again.

On topic:

If either Bubba or his caddie have a problem with the relationship, they could quit working with the other guy.  I think this is a non-issue.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Originally Posted by Desert

Call me crazy, but I've always been quick to judge somebody who blames others for their own mistake. Also I watched the event live and I'm not basing my opinion on the video. Bubba acted like a complete baby that entire hole. To his credit he did show a lot of class on the 18th congratulating Stroud after the killer chip. I'm just saying that, to me, his treatment of his caddie was classless and unprofessional.

This is a bit of a different situation though.

If a kid at McDonald's blames his manager for not making sure he made a good burger, sure that is a silly excuse. But the caddy's job is to give advice, so he deserves blame when that advice is bad.

I swear between the 350 yard drives some people claim and the constant judgements of any golfer who gets irritated on the course, I have to wonder how many people have never actually played golf. It's a mental game, and as such is a frustrating game at times and makes for an easy time to lose your temper. It happens to everyone, even people hacking away once a year. Why wouldn't it happen when millions of dollars are on the line?

With that said, I read one article that made a great point. Bubba's caddy doesn't get credit for the hook off the pine straw at the Master's, so he doesn't get the blame for this. Ultimately...every shot hit is up to Bubba Watson, and I'm sure he knows that. Whether or not he deserves blame for the shot and whether or not he should have showed negative emotion in the heat of the moment are two entirely different questions.

I have no problem with the expression of emotion or the fact that somoeone got blamed or didn't own a problem or whatever. Stuff like this happens and luckily for most of us it isn't under a spotlight. What I have a problem with us the utter phoniness of BW. Everything about him is stage managed and polished and the contrast between what they want you to see and what he really is is obvious when you scratch the surface. And that hideous hack he takes with the divot going as far as the ball offends me. And he's a crap putter. ;-)
  • Upvote 1

I'm sure we've all yelled at someone else for something that turned out to be our own fault.  We just don't have a peanut gallery commenting on it for weeks afterwards.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

I'm sure we've all yelled at someone else for something that turned out to be our own fault.  We just don't have a peanut gallery commenting on it for weeks afterwards.

Watson didn't yell at his caddie. This is a golf forum. The episode was three days ago.

Note: This thread is 3902 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!