IGNORED

Bubba Gets Mad at his Caddie

RadioCop
Note: This thread is 3901 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiger gets his fair share, but the thing about Tiger is that he has never done anything that draws criticism. He is: [LIST] [*] a great player, family man and role model. [*] an open and forthcoming interviewee. [/LIST] He: [LIST] [*] never displays temper or blames his caddie. [*] is a loyal friend to all who he knew in his youth [*] is respectful of his playing partners. [*] has never been accused of commercial cynicism, even when he did that Nike ad with his dead father in it. [*] is all class. [*] has never knowingly taken advantage of the rules, even when boulders the size of VWs and clubhouse rooves are concerned. [/LIST]

Shorty, and I say this with respect I know this is probably not the thread for this but seriously? Family man? Never displays temper? I love Tiger in the same way I love Hogan but I cannot take those two statements seriously. Frankly I don't care about those parts of his life either, but still, for real?

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Read it carefully...

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by cipher

Shorty, and I say this with respect I know this is probably not the thread for this but seriously? Family man? Never displays temper? I love Tiger in the same way I love Hogan but I cannot take those two statements seriously. Frankly I don't care about those parts of his life either, but still, for real?

Cipher, buddy, I thing the answer to your "seriously?" question is no.  I will actually be very surprised (and, then would consequently agree with you 100%) if Shorty was NOT being facetious with that entire post.

Originally Posted by cipher

cipher let me introduce you to sarcasm, errr I mean Shorty.

Joe Paradiso

Can't believe I fell for that!  Dang it!  And I consider myself a master of sarcasm.  I am going to blame the distraction of my wife yelling at me to get help her get the kids ready to bed and me yelling back: "you are the woman in the house, it is your job!"  But all seriousness aside I should have known better and read that more carefully.  What can I say.  I am not the smartest knife on the tree as usual.

Edit: oh..and I am blonde as well.

Edit Part 2: I don't know what just happened, the windows are smashed out in my toyota corolla, and I am missing a nine iron.

• Upvote 2

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

Originally Posted by Shorty

Tiger gets his fair share, but the thing about Tiger is that he has never done anything that draws criticism.

He is:

a great player, family man and role model.

an open and forthcoming interviewee.

He:

never displays temper or blames his caddie.

is a loyal friend to all who he knew in his youth

is respectful of his playing partners.

has never been accused of commercial cynicism, even when he did that Nike ad with his dead father in it.

is all class.

has never knowingly taken advantage of the rules, even when boulders the size of VWs and clubhouse rooves are concerned.

Yes he is a great family man. Screwed his way out of his marriage with strippers, etc...What a family man! LOL

Originally Posted by iacas

And you have a really, really odd way of viewing the world. Whatever color those glasses of yours are, I hope you take them off when you're talking about things that actually matter.

I can't even slight Tiger in the least without getting some sort of rebuttal from you can I?

Lets see we have this thread whacking Bubba, the multiple threads whacking Sergio, a couple here and there on Phil, don't even get me started on how much hate there is towards Nick Faldo on here, but Tiger? Nothing but praise.

I bet Tiger could go on a child killing spree and you would find some twisted way to defend it.

Originally Posted by mtsalmela80

Yes he is a great family man. Screwed his way out of his marriage with strippers, etc...What a family man! LOL

You really have to wonder, don't you?

Imagine giving some of these people the resposibility to read something that required primary school levels of comprehension!!

The mind continues to boggle.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I bet Tiger could go on a child killing spree and you would find some twisted way to defend it.

Well, the population is increasing really fast, and I'm not sure the planet can handle it... Y'know. Fresh water and all that.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by jamo

Well, the population is increasing really fast, and I'm not sure the planet can handle it...

Y'know. Fresh water and all that.

Don't the car parks get pretty full at Home Depot and WalMart at certain times?

I know that lots of stuff bought there is for kids so it might ease some congestion on weekends.

Could put teachers out of work, but there have to be some people caught in the crossfire. Too bad it's them.

Shame about the paediatricains, though.  But then......they'd be pretty busy, if they didn't catch the Tiger, wouldn't they? In hospitals and such?

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I must admit though, that the form of egocentric sarcasm for the purpose of debasing of a person's faculties should be a limitation of character for most of us.  Even if it is for the affirmation or slander of people we will never meet.  Self deprivation, now I am all for that.

• Upvote 1

Nate

• Administrator

I can't even slight Tiger in the least without getting some sort of rebuttal from you can I?

The rebuttal is simply to point out the fact that you clearly don't happen to notice the many posts and threads which bash Tiger Woods, including one you just quoted which is 100% sarcastic.

Tiger's bashed plenty. Tiger's GOLF is rarely bashed (though we did plenty during the U.S. Open live chat). You never seem to understand the distinction.

Meanwhile, your avatar is of a guy who is a shining beacon of human morality. <--- sarcasm, since you don't seem to be capable of recognizing it.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

"Bubba Gets Mad at his Caddie"  I would have rather seen him yelling at the ball, or his club, even better, yelling at the wind, at least it would have been funny. That shot that went way over the green looked more like a line drive than a wrong club. not much height and crazy rollout, just a thin iron shot. I think he was embarassed to have hit it so poorly and then blamed it on his caddy to save face,only to look worse. In context though, compare that to Lou Pinella's or Earl Weaver's meltdowns through the years and it's funny that this even warrants attention.

Superfast 12 LS Driver set at 10*w/ProLaunch red shaft

:callaway:RazrFitXtreme w/MatrixBlackTie 15*:adams:Idea ProBlack hybrid 16*:adams: Idea ProBlack Hybrid 20*  :callaway: RazrX Forged 4-PW  CG14  54* S Wedge

Idea A3 60*  L wedge

:rife: IBF Aussie Tour Blade putter

Hyperbole is like the greatest thing ever in the history of mankind.

Let's see if you catch that.

Originally Posted by zipazoid

Hyperbole is like the greatest thing ever in the history of mankind.

Let's see if you catch that.

I think we need a thumbs down feature.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Lets see we have this thread whacking Bubba, the multiple threads whacking Sergio, a couple here and there on Phil, don't even get me started on how much hate there is towards Nick Faldo on here, but Tiger? Nothing but praise.

Couldn't go a whole thread without mentioning Tiger either, could ya?  We were all happy to just talk about Bubba, but YOU had to bring Tiger into it.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I look at it this way; It's the back nine on a Sunday afternoon with the tournament on the line. Bubba is a competitor, and competitors are passionate, intense, and emotionally invested in the competition. Bubba hit a bad shot and he showed his emotion of frustration. Just like any sport when the game is on the line the stakes are higher. If his caddie convinced him to hit a club that turned out to be wrong than the caddie absolutely needs to take some blame, which he did. Bubba ultimately could have hit any club but he trusted his caddie enough to take his advice. This shows that Bubba trusts his caddie and his reaction to the shot also shows he is comfortable speaking his mind to his caddie. It's a good relationship. A golf professional and a caddie spend a lot of time together and it's healthy for them to discuss what happened just like a husband and a wife need to talk things out when they have a disagreement. Bubba said after the incident that they were just trying to figure out what was happened with the shot. Did Bubba overreact? Yes. Is it ok? Yes it is. When that passion and fire is gone it will be time for Bubba to stop playing the game. This is a mountain made out of a mole hill.

Note: This thread is 3901 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!