IGNORED

What to expect from a club gapping?

Note: This thread is 3947 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've got a gapping booked in a few days time, launch monitor etc... 1) What should I expect? 2) Just hit every club and walk away with the yardages, or should I hit half swings, draws/fades, high/low? 3) Can I make a credit card sized yardage chart that tells me how far I hit each club, and take that in my bag when I play in competitions? 4) Take every club I own, or the clubs in my bag at the moment? Thanks guys

One thing the gapping looks for is the place(s) in your set where you have a "fall-off" in expected yardage for a club. Let's say a golfer finds this average yardage for irons:

• 7i = 140 yds.
  • 6i = 150
  • 5i = 160
  • 4i = 165
  • 3i = 160

In this case, the golfer "hits the wall" for anything longer than a 5i. The golfer could take lessons to try to improve the swing, OR possibly softstep the 4i and 3i to pick up yardage, OR, swap out the 4i and 3i for hybrids.

Gapping also looks for the lowest-lofted FW a person can hit well. Many average golfers find they can hit a 4W as far - or farther - than a 3W.

So, you get a mapping of your average distances, and a diagnosis of places in your bag where you may need equipment changes. Some of the recommendations may be for a different shaft than you're using right now.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3947 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!