IGNORED

What is your opinion on the "Breakfast Ball"?

chriskzoo
Note: This thread is 3899 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Does it still count as running a marathon if you take a cab or ride a bike for 13 miles?

No, but throw a swim in there and you've got a triathlon....

.....something I know that saltman is also familiar with!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Lash

Yeah I know...you say this over and over. I'm explained myself plenty of times and I'm not getting into it again.

Bottom line, that is a poor way to express yourself and displays an arrogance that is counter to genuine discussion.

Both of the bold parts are about as close to wrong as an opinion can get.

I've said a few times now, you know exactly what someone is saying when they say "that isn't golf." It means you're playing outside of the Rules of Golf. It's accurate, and a simple way of saying it.

Chill, pal. It's just a forum about golf and variants of golf. :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

[VIDEO][/VIDEO][quote name="saltman" url="/t/68061/what-is-your-opinion-on-the-breakfast-ball/324#post_879329"]Fair enough, you all sound like good dudes I would play with and I will concede the point. Now who lives near Chicago and wants to play? No breakfast balls allowed, but I'll give you a putt here and there. I'd like to play with FourPutt just to learn a few things. David and I are long overdue for a round, but I never go to Florida.[/quote] Long overdue...... Maybe next time I visit family in Wisconsin. Any excuse to visit Chicago!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Originally Posted by iacas

Both of the bold parts are about as close to wrong as an opinion can get.

I've said a few times now, you know exactly what someone is saying when they say "that isn't golf." It means you're playing outside of the Rules of Golf. It's accurate, and a simple way of saying it.

Chill, pal. It's just a forum about golf and variants of golf. :)

That's fine. You are welcome to your opinion.

I don't agree with it and have explained why numerous times, but you are welcome to it.

Originally Posted by David in FL

If you "explain yourself plenty of times", it's discussion, but if Fourputt does so it's tiresome and "displays an arrogance that is counter to genuine discussion"?    Huh......

Regardless though, I'm struggling to understand the dislike for the term "variant of golf".  It seems accurate to me.  A game of half-court 3-on-3 hoops isn't basketball, but it's certainly a variant of the game.  By calling it that, I don't think anyone is disrespecting those who play that particular game.  Why the animosity directed towards someone who calls something like a scramble a variant of golf, which, it seems to me, it is......?

Calling people arrogant, overbearing*, pretentious*, snide*, haughty*, and snobbish* is just Lash's way of asking people to be kinder and gentler when they insist that rules have meaning.

* all used in a message in the Who plays with a cheat thread when he was called out on taking relief from an unplayable lie without taking the penalty stroke.  Ostensibly to protect his health.  Or was it his club?

You'd have to say that Lash likes to lash out when people don't agree with him or call him out on nonsense.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Originally Posted by bplewis24

I couldn't disagree more.  Nothing he said is unreasonable, and it is actually very pragmatic.

Do you not see a scramble as a variant?  How is it arrogant to say that?

Do you violate the rules of basketball?

Yeah, let him run around the court without dribbling the ball and see how many people would consider that basketball.

Rich - in name only

Originally Posted by turtleback

Yeah, let him run around the court without dribbling the ball and see how many people would consider that basketball.

We used to do that in junior high school, and tackling was legal. Final score was usually 2 to 0 and a high scoring game was 4 to 2.

Finally after a few broken arms the school put a stop to our fun.

I'm not sure what the name of that game was but we called it tackle basketball.

Originally Posted by MS256

We used to do that in junior high school, and tackling was legal. Final score was usually 2 to 0 and a high scoring game was 4 to 2.

Finally after a few broken arms the school put a stop to our fun.

I'm not sure what the name of that game was but we called it tackle basketball.

Just move to the grass, add a goal line, and call it football!

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Literally none of that was correct. You act like you know people but you're really far off. Just terribly off.

Post #44 in the "Who plays with a cheat" thread.  The word literally does not mean what you think it means, since every word I quoted was in your response to me.  I discussed behavior.  You called names.  I guess in your world that gives you the moral high ground.

Rich - in name only

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Just move to the grass, add a goal line, and call it football!

There was no shortage of real football too. After all it was small town Alabama and the world revolved around football (and still does).

It was just our way to try to turn a sport we were supposed to be playing at PE into the sport we would rather have been playing. Plus it was a way to impress the PE teacher who was also the head football coach (and he loved our version of basketball).

If we would have played golf back then I'm sure we would have turned it into tackle golf somehow.

Originally Posted by turtleback

Post #44 in the "Who plays with a cheat" thread.  The word literally does not mean what you think it means, since every word I quoted was in your response to me.  I discussed behavior.  You called names.  I guess in your world that gives you the moral high ground.

Seriously, you have a very strange perception of things. I don't recall ever calling "names", this isn't kindergarten. I'm sorry if my multiple adjectives hurt or confused you. Clearly you're more interesting in sticking to your perception than listening to anyone else...so have fun with that. I'll let you have the last word and won't waste my time in this thread any more.

Seriously, you have a very strange perception of things. I don't recall ever calling "names", this isn't kindergarten. I'm sorry if my multiple adjectives hurt or confused you. Clearly you're more interesting in sticking to your perception than listening to anyone else...so have fun with that. I'll let you have the last word and won't waste my time in this thread any more.

Thank you.

Jeff

I dunno dude.  I just looked up the post, and it sure looks like you called him a pretentious, over-bearing, haughty snob.  And that kinda talk is right up my alley!

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

I don't do it because I don't want to teach myself a bad habit.  If other guys want to do it I guess I wouldn't care but I wouldn't allow it if we were playing for money or something.

I started springing for a small bucket of balls before I start a round now-a-days and that really helps.  If I don't have time for that though I'll usually just hit a conservative shot on the first tee and go from there.

Note: This thread is 3899 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!