• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mutadayen

Best Tip That Worked For Me...Coming over Inside Foot on the Downswing

4 posts in this topic

I've been struggling with slicing the driver and not feeling confident that my iron shots would go in the direction I wanted them to go for a couple of years now, but one drill has literally made all the difference (and god knows i've read all the magazines and watched endless videos that all said the same thing...swing out to first base, but that rarely worked consistently).  I watched a video about getting a feeling like your hands and club on the downswing feel like they are coming over the right foot on the downswing (promoting that inside to out, on plane swing).  After about a month of getting that feeling to be consistent, I literally never slice or shank, and about 80% of the time get the ball to go in the direction I want it to go, and the other 20% are misses I would expect to miss and know where it's going to end up.  I've take the right side of any hole out play, and its nice to finally be able to say that.

What i've recently disovered, and what works for me, is how to consistently hit a draw and fade pretty routinely.  For a draw, I close the club face slightly and really feel like im coming in over the top of my shoe laces, where as with a fade, I move the ball slightly forward in the stance, open the club face slightly, and feel like im coming over the front of my foot.  With the draw, its just feels like im coming more inside and I dont have to swing as hard.  With a fade, it's a little bit harder swing but it works.

8 years now playing this game (started late at the age of 26) and now this trick is revealed.  Anybody got Doc Brown's number cuz him and me gotta talk about going back in time?

Wanted to know if this essentially is what more experienced find to be true, or if anyone else has tried this and gotten similar results?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Interesting.  Care to share the video?  Youtube?

You just gave me something new to try on the range.

If I actively thought about that while swinging I'd run my 6i right into my ankle.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2016 TST Partners

GAME Golf
    PING Golf
    Golf Evolution
    • My ex-home courses closing, changing - proofs that golf is in decline
      Springtown in Livermore is the one my wife and I played for a year when we were beginner golfers. It was not much of a course but as beginners, we felt comfortable to play there.  That one went out of business recently, too. 
    • AMA Thread (@iacas)
      Unsurprisingly, I think it's similar to what I like to see in golf course design, with some realization that disc golf is more "3D" than golf. For example, I hate wide open courses just as much as I hate the courses that have a bunch of 200-foot super-narrow-through-tons-of-trees holes. If wide open is 0, and super packed trees are 10, I like courses that have holes that range from 3-7. Some of my favorite holes include a fairly clear ideal line, with room to the outside to play it safe. I'm good enough that if I play conservatively I should be able to get a par most of the time. I like elevation changes that are used appropriately. I hate baskets set on steep rollaway-style slopes if that slope accounts for > 50% of the circumference (sure, put a basket on the edge of a steep slope, just don't put it on top of a pimple knob or something). I like courses that make it fairly clear what you're supposed to try to do, but leave options open to trying something a little different. I hate courses where the route to the hole is either wide open or just "throw it that way and hope you miss the trees." This goes back to the first thing I said, though. I don't mind the use of water, though to be enjoyable, it should not be something I can't clear with a putter (though as you know, @cipher, putters can be thrown pretty far, so I'm not talking about water that's limited to 50' in width or something). I like that disc golf is growing to include more actual par fours and fives. There are only so many kind of par threes out there, and they're substantially more limited in terms of strategy. The Pittsburgh courses (Moraine probably first, Deer Lakes right there with it, Knob Hill a distant third) do all of these things well. The "easier" course at Ashtabula, OH manages to get a lot out of the few trees it has and is still not "easy" despite being closer to the "open" end of the scale (maybe a 3 or 3.5).
    • Quitting a round early - Why Would You Quit?
      I see your point and understand it.
      If I made the decision to play, I am playing. I have already set aside the time, cleared my schedule and checked with SWMBO. Most my local courses have you pay for 18 up front. If I walk off course after 9, I just donated $30+ to the course.
      Dont think SWMBO is going to continue to finance my golf game if I am paying $60+ for 9 holes! personally, I have 2 young kids, so I have to make good choices when comes to playing. If I am paying $60 to play on a sunday afternoon, I am playing. that being said I tend to play only 9 late on a sunday afternoon at a local course. I do so knowing that most people are eating dinner and the course will be empty 
    • Jack or Tiger: Who's the Greatest Golfer?
      Great find! I am not sure the economical aspect brought into play yet on this subject. A good small sample equivalent would be the Ryder cup. Pre-1979 it was the United States versus Great Britain. The USA wracked up a 19-3 record. Since then it's been 7-10 Europe.  An increase in the player pool of high quality golfers makes it more difficult to win. As such those wins are more impressive and should be weighted more.   
    • AMA Thread (@iacas)
      What are some things you like to see in a solid disc golf course design?
  • TST Blog Entries

• Images

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Blog Entries