IGNORED

Proper swing for irons same as driver?

Note: This thread is 3953 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have asked plenty of questions up to now so you all know I am a beginner.  This question probably makes it all the more evident.

I had a terrible slice with my driver and when I went to Golfsmith to get a new driver for my birthday I hit several drivers and a lot of balls using their diagnostic equipment.  After watching me hit the guy that was helping me told me to imagine I was swinging a bucket of water up over my left shoulder.  I started doing this and my slice all but went away.

So here is my question.  Should I use this same type swing with my irons?

I

Ping G30 SF TEC
Ping G25 3w
Ping G Red Dot +1/4" irons - 6,7,8,9,W,U,SW, LW
Ping G30 3H
Ping G25 4H
Ping Scottdale TR B60
Callaway Supersoft

Your swing with your irons should be different from your driver. If you start to mix your swings together you will start to top the ball or hit far behind it. Back on topic, if you could use that same idea with your different swings and not have the same swing for every club you will do just fine.

What's in my bag: Driver: Taylormade Rocketballz Stage 2 Fariway wood:Taylormade Rocketballz Stage 2 Hybrid: Taylormade Rocketballz Stage 2 Irons: Taylormade Rocketballz HP Irons Wedge: Cleveland 588 Forged 56,60 Wedge Putter: Ping Wackey Putter

Note: This thread is 3953 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!