IGNORED

changing swing?

Note: This thread is 3943 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Well, of course. I've even got the CamCaddy going...

My station is set up with a squishy ball, vision track, and ball for between the elbows....

Too much. You're not being a Stupid Monkey™.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by iacas

You need to focus on your top priority piece. Work towards improving your worst Key. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saevel25

+1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Too much. You're not being a Stupid Monkey™.

Not used equally I put'em out there and see the one I need that day. Might use squishy for a few minutes in practice swings, The ball gets 1-2 swings. The vision track gets the bulk

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

I put'em out there and see the one I need that day. Might use squishy for a few minutes in practice swings, The ball gets 1-2 swings. The vision track gets the bulk

Still. Your top priority piece doesn't change every day. :)

Anyway, not really the topic (your practice in particular).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by Hacker James

Anyway, my question is simply this:  Would it be harmful to adopt the new (to me) swing in fear of loss of muscle memory of a swing I have been using for a long time if I used the new swing exclusively?   I have a fairly good swing already, but am always open to new ideas.

Simply put" Should I or shouldn't I?"

Realizing that is entirely subjective.

What do you have to lose? If you were completely happy with your current swing you probably wouldn't be asking the question. My guess is that you have already made up your mind.

I just started learning the game last year at the age of 51. Took lessons, practiced every night.... same old story. I had some good things going - predictable club distances, better touch in the short game, etc. Was on my way to meeting a goal I had made for this year. Instead, I decided to change my swing. I don't know if it was a good move or not but my point is, what's the worst thing that can come from it?

We're either satisfied with our game or we're not. If we're not, we should do something about it. At least that's my opinion tonight. Good luck.

Jon

Video your swing, take a look, have an instructor take a look, and then decide if that's the swing you want.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

OK I will. I only yesterday made a video from my point and shoot, but I was only trying to see what the camera would do.  I also need to get a tripod first. Then I will set up properly, routine, grip e.t.c.  I am pretty sure that I will keep the swing I have been using though and use the suggestions from the group on honing in on the things that need it. Although I was not really trying, the video didn't look too horrible. I could see that my take away was alright, arm stayed straight, good extension, head movement negligible, weight transfer not bad. Of course, I probably do not know what all I should be looking at.  As for the swing "change" I only had one round using SnT and as was mentioned, I probably was only using elements of it and more than likely incorrectly. But once I get the camera set up, I will try both and see if its something I would want to "publish".  Like I said  maybe "If it ain't broke, don't try and fix it".  of course, fine tuning is always a good thing and heaven knows I probably could use a lot of "fine tuning".

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Note: This thread is 3943 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!