IGNORED

How do you keep your personal score with bunker, putts shots and that sort of things

JaapB
Note: This thread is 3921 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok this is my first post on this forum so sorry if i post it in a wrong subforum couldn't really find the forum where i should post it.

I just started golfing a couple of months ago and just hit hcp 31 this week and I'm starting to look more at how many putts i take how often i play out of the bunker and that sort of things.

Now I know there are tons of apps out there for smartphones but personally I don't like to use my phone a lot on the course and rather use some kind of paper to write that stuff down.

So basicly my question is what is an easy way to note all the extra things besides the strokes on my scorecard. The scorecards on my club don't leave space for things like amount of putts, GIR or if you hit the fairway.

How do others write down their notes and could some people give me some advice what i should write down.

I have no problem when i get home to add that kind of data on a site that helps you determine what area needs your attention.

Kind regards,

Jaap

I mark my card with the following:

Score

Arrow showing tee shot direction with F if I hit the fairway

G or green in reg

S for sand

U if I get up and down

number of putts and distance of the first putt.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I know you mentioned you don't like using your smartphone but that's how I do it.  I keep my hcp and statistics with the oobgolf.com android app. It's very user friendly, quick and easy. You can choose which stats you'd like to track and I chose sand shots, penalty strokes and putts.  GIR is calculated automatically if you track putts.  When you go to the website to view your round afterwards you get more detail which I love.  Congrats on getting to a 31 in just a couple months, that's where I am and it's taken me a year.

Thanks for that info ecureed, is indeed a nice app, I tried some apps but most arent userfriendly this is looking good. The biggest reason why i don't use a phone on the course is that i find it to much hassle to update the scores but this is just pressing 4 or 5 times on the screen and you have all info you got.

I'm surprised aswell, but seems netherlands use a strange system, I only did like 3/4 Q-cards which were nice so they made some adjustments in my handicap so it is lower then i expected.

Need to get used to the lower handicap so don't expect a lot of good scoring in upcoming weeks.

I took over 20 lessons in my first 2 months so that really helped with technique and all that kind of things.

Now to see what goals i will set for the rest of the season as I only had the goal hit hcp 36.

I use my score card to record FIR, GIR, number of puts, lost balls etc which helps me to identify the areas I need to work on (sadly, thats everything at this point! :)). If Im playing a competition then Ill have the official score card for the round as well as an extra one to record my own round details. Works for me. Regards Mailman

Mailman

This is what I do......

First, have a very sharp pencil....LOL....

On the top right I put the number of putts.   I see no point in marking GIR because it's obvious that if I 2 putt on par 4 it was a GIR.

On the top left I indicate where my drive when.  Nothing if in the fairway.  L for left and R for right.

On the bottom, either side and some really bad holes take both sides, I put S for sand, W for water, X for OB.  I am considering also adding a G for grass because this course has tall fescue that will beat down some strokes.  You actually beg for the ball to be in sand if your shot is stray because you don't want the tall grass......like below

Hence the 6 on #3.  Tall grass protecting green to the left as well as sand.  Nothing beats chunking it out of tall grass into sand.   And at 400+ yards and into the wind I hate this hole.

Originally Posted by flintcreek6412

This is what I do......

First, have a very sharp pencil....LOL....

On the top right I put the number of putts.   I see no point in marking GIR because it's obvious that if I 2 putt on par 4 it was a GIR.

On the top left I indicate where my drive when.  Nothing if in the fairway.  L for left and R for right.

On the bottom, either side and some really bad holes take both sides, I put S for sand, W for water, X for OB.  I am considering also adding a G for grass because this course has tall fescue that will beat down some strokes.  You actually beg for the ball to be in sand if your shot is stray because you don't want the tall grass......like below

Hence the 6 on #3.  Tall grass protecting green to the left as well as sand.  Nothing beats chunking it out of tall grass into sand.   And at 400+ yards and into the wind I hate this hole.

Cool, I was just thinking of starting to do this. Thanks for sharing.

Swing by swing lets me do some of this, and I need to see if GolfLogix also does the same in the free application. However, this is way more detail than these applications. I'm going to double score with manual and electronic.

BTW, that is a really beautiful course you play.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Originally Posted by Lihu

Cool, I was just thinking of starting to do this. Thanks for sharing.

Swing by swing lets me do some of this, and I need to see if GolfLogix also does the same in the free application. However, this is way more detail than these applications. I'm going to double score with manual and electronic.

BTW, that is a really beautiful course you play.

I have used Golfshot and GolfLogix to keep stats.  The free Golfshot Lite keeps track of GIR, sand, penalties, putts etc.   I just don't like messing with my phone on the course to enter hole by hole.  If I really want the stats in an organized format I can just enter them off my notes on the card after the round.  It is interesting when you compare stats from course to course that way.

Thanks a lot for the scorecard is a really nice idea, should start using a pencil for that.

As poster above said i don't like it either to grab the phone each time between holes to just note the score.

If I play alone it is no problem even more cause you can just use the whole scorecard for all kind of things but if you play for Stableford with someone else you can't just put all kind of things on the scorecard.

Note: This thread is 3921 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!