IGNORED

Do you care what your golf towels look like?

boil3rmak3r
Note: This thread is 3944 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by David in FL

I carry a full-sized bath towel.  Half wet.  It gets washed once a year whether it needs it or not.....

My golf buddies refuse to touch it.   I once left it on the green and it caught back up to me on it's own 2 holes later!

LOL, I would be handing it back to you on the end of my 7i like I'm holding a dirty diaper on a stick!

Originally Posted by David in FL

I carry a full-sized bath towel.  Half wet.  It gets washed once a year whether it needs it or not.....

My golf buddies refuse to touch it.   I once left it on the green and it caught back up to me on it's own 2 holes later!

Originally Posted by Spyder

LOL, I would be handing it back to you on the end of my 7i like I'm holding a dirty diaper on a stick!

Me too, sounds very nasty but to each his own.  My buddies give me a tough time because I wash my towels after each round and my shoes are cleaned and polished before every round.  My dad taught me to respect and take care of my tools no matter if they are a wrench, computer, camera, fishing rod, golf shoes or clubs but I'm probably a bit compulsive about it.

• Upvote 2

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I wash mine once a week, regardless of appearance. Again, those that know me know it's a sickness. I can't help it.

I can't even wear my golf shirt unless I iron the collar before I head out. Dirty towels and shoes are my biggest annoyances!

Do you ever put your outfit in the dryer and let it go on high for a few minutes before pulling your clothes out and shaking the wrinkles out... so it's nice and smooth... my favorite naked minute of the day... awkward

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by TJBam

Do you ever put your outfit in the dryer and let it go on high for a few minutes before pulling your clothes out and shaking the wrinkles out... so it's nice and smooth... my favorite naked minute of the day... awkward

How else do you think I get ready for: work, going to the store, going out, or going golfing every single morning? LOL! After that, you just run the iron over your collar real quick and you're looking fresh!

PS: If you have the plasticy type golf pants/shorts (the gritty feeling, wicking material), a great tip is to wet a hand towel and throw it in with your shorts/pants. Takes the wrinkles out of them in a heart beat with a little dryer steam bath. Also works great on dress pants to get wrinkles out and fuzz! Damn, I am a Martha freaking Stewart... If I keep this up, I'll have my man card revoked...

I wash mine every time I do laundry that involves bath/hand towels...usually once or twice a week.  I have several so rarely is there one on the bag at the start of the round that is dirty.

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

I wash mine once a week, regardless of appearance. Again, those that know me know it's a sickness. I can't help it.

I can't even wear my golf shirt unless I iron the collar before I head out. Dirty towels and shoes are my biggest annoyances!

I know the feeling, I have to have clean clubs for every round.............

I have a couple dozen now from demo days, tournament prizes, all that stuff. I use it one day, then clean them with it again at home, throw  it in the wash and put another on the bag for next round.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Originally Posted by boil3rmak3r

Do you keep all your towels clean or do you carry a nasty, dirty one like I do?

I always have a towel on my bag, and it is good for usually a month.

Do I care what my golf towels looks like?   No, but my wife does.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

I bought two small white bath towels at Wal-Mart just for my golf bag. I use one of them to wipe my face and hands. The other one is in my truck in case I need it. I have a red Cleveland Golf towel and a white Club Glove towel hanging on my bag. They all get washed after every round.

DLX cart bag...white/red

R1
913F 15*

913H 19*

G25s 4 iron - U wedge

CG 14 Black Pearl 56* -  60*

... KOMBI 35" 

...ProV1

two towels both on carabiners, both are dirty.I think the one is pretty rank as well I found a post it note yesterday:Gloves, towels, laces...

I bought two white bath towels at Ikea for $4 each earlier this year. They're thin so they don't weigh by bag down, and a little bit rough which helps get clubs clean. I keep one draped over my bag when walking or in the basket in the cart. Half of it is for cleaning clubs and the other half is for drying hands/face.

Tyler Martin

How else do you think I get ready for: work, going to the store, going out, or going golfing every single morning? LOL! After that, you just run the iron over your collar real quick and you're looking fresh! :beer: PS: If you have the plasticy type golf pants/shorts (the gritty feeling, wicking material), a great tip is to wet a hand towel and throw it in with your shorts/pants. Takes the wrinkles out of them in a heart beat with a little dryer steam bath. Also works great on dress pants to get wrinkles out and fuzz! Damn, I am a Martha freaking Stewart... If I keep this up, I'll have my man card revoked...

I vote you change your Avatar to a picture of Martha :) I may try to be a little more like you with my shoes. While my clothes look nice, the only "cleaning" my shoes get is when I'm walking through the early morning dew. Perhaps I should clean then once per week... I'm surprised how many golfers start with a clean towel EVERY round...

I vote you change your Avatar to a picture of Martha :)

I may try to be a little more like you with my shoes. While my clothes look nice, the only "cleaning" my shoes get is when I'm walking through the early morning dew. Perhaps I should clean then once per week...

I'm surprised how many golfers start with a clean towel EVERY round...

well if you are a member at a country club, this kind of stuff is there for you.

locker room attendants who clean and polish your shoes and golf towels in the cart when you take off on number 1

I vote you change your Avatar to a picture of Martha :)

I may try to be a little more like you with my shoes. While my clothes look nice, the only "cleaning" my shoes get is when I'm walking through the early morning dew. Perhaps I should clean then once per week...

I'm surprised how many golfers start with a clean towel EVERY round...

Shoes last much longer when you're cleaning them up, in my opinion. Dirt and grime will dry out the leather and remove natural and synthetic oils that are in place to keep the material soft, flexible and waterproof. If you ever see someone with older looking, dried up shoes, it's usually a sign they don't clean them.

After I clean my shoes with dish soap, warm water and a microfiber towel, I'm good to go. I recondition them once or twice a month as well and they still feel and look brand new.

The whole process literally takes 5 minutes. Just fill up a 2-3 gallon bucket with some Palmolive dish soap and warm water, soak the rag in it, and then scrub the shoe. Before you pour the water out, soak the rag again and then pat the bottom of your shoes down and watch the grass and dirt fall away.

PS: On a side note, I hear she's a real cougar now. Someone in our office said she opened up to the 'Today Show' or something and basically said she's looking for a young cabana boy to tend to her pool and "needs" LOL. Everyone here would ... and they know it. $$

Just fill up a 2-3 gallon bucket with some Palmolive dish soap and warm water, soak the rag in it, and then scrub the shoe. Before you pour the water out, soak the rag again and then pat the bottom of your shoes down and watch the grass and dirt fall away.

Palmolive might be alright, but you have to be careful using a lot of household cleaners. Many of them contain chemicals that can really dry out and crack leather. The best thing to use is saddle soap.

Window cleaner and all purpose cleaner are two of the worst things to use on leather.

Tyler Martin

Originally Posted by geauxforbroke

Palmolive might be alright, but you have to be careful using a lot of household cleaners. Many of them contain chemicals that can really dry out and crack leather. The best thing to use is saddle soap.

Window cleaner and all purpose cleaner are two of the worst things to use on leather.

Shoes last much longer when you're cleaning them up, in my opinion. Dirt and grime will dry out the leather and remove natural and synthetic oils that are in place to keep the material soft, flexible and waterproof. If you ever see someone with older looking, dried up shoes, it's usually a sign they don't clean them.

After I clean my shoes with dish soap, warm water and a microfiber towel, I'm good to go. I recondition them once or twice a month as well and they still feel and look brand new.

The whole process literally takes 5 minutes. Just fill up a 2-3 gallon bucket with some Palmolive dish soap and warm water, soak the rag in it, and then scrub the shoe. Before you pour the water out, soak the rag again and then pat the bottom of your shoes down and watch the grass and dirt fall away.

PS: On a side note, I hear she's a real cougar now. Someone in our office said she opened up to the 'Today Show' or something and basically said she's looking for a young cabana boy to tend to her pool and "needs" LOL. Everyone here would... and they know it. $$

I had a funny conversation with my fiancee last night.  Was cleaning my white FJ's with warm water and a touch of soap, dipping a toothbrush in, stirring to get the mixture bubbly, and scrubbing gently.

She said something along the lines of "when did you get those?" implying that they looked brand new.

I replied without looking up from my task, "2 years before we met." (we've been together 3 years so 5 years ago)

She didn't believe me and started going on about how well I took care of them.  I had to stop myself from saying "Yeah me and Spyder love cleaning our golf shoes..." LOL

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by TJBam

I had a funny conversation with my fiancee last night.  Was cleaning my white FJ's with warm water and a touch of soap, dipping a toothbrush in, stirring to get the mixture bubbly, and scrubbing gently.

She said something along the lines of "when did you get those?" implying that they looked brand new.

I replied without looking up from my task, "2 years before we met." (we've been together 3 years so 5 years ago)

She didn't believe me and started going on about how well I took care of them.  I had to stop myself from saying "Yeah me and Spyder love cleaning our golf shoes..." LOL

Amen, bro!

Haha, you got me at the end there and I nearly spit AMP all over my damn monitor.

I see too many people walking around with nice gear that they don't appreciate or value. Pamper your equipment! Not only do you gain self-pride by looking good, but you just look good doing it and sporting it! I hate lazy, period. If I see muddy and grassy shoes being put on before they hit the course, I can't help but assume they're lazy.

I HATE the "Jersey Shore", but I am definitely on par with Pauly D in terms of general shoe maintenance! LOL

Note: This thread is 3944 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!