IGNORED

Do you care what your golf towels look like?

boil3rmak3r
Note: This thread is 3922 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

D[quote name="Spyder" url="/t/68117/do-you-care-what-your-golf-towels-look-like/30#post_863566"]Amen, bro! Haha, you got me at the end there and I nearly spit AMP all over my damn monitor. I see too many people walking around with nice gear that they don't appreciate or value. Pamper your equipment! Not only do you gain self-pride by looking good, but you just look good doing it and sporting it! I hate lazy, period. If I see muddy and grassy shoes being put on before they hit the course, I can't help but assume they're lazy. I HATE the "Jersey Shore", but I am definitely on par with Pauly D in terms of general shoe maintenance! LOL c2_beer.gif [/quote] Damn you Spyder and TJ... I now feel guilty and will be cleaning up my shoes (per your instructions) so they look good for the tournament I am playing on Thursday. For what it's worth, I'm not lazy. Probably the opposite. I put my energy into what I feel will be most productive. Cleaning my golf shoes has never been on the radar. I am vowing now to clean my shoes and towels once per week..

Originally Posted by boil3rmak3r

D

Damn you Spyder and TJ... I now feel guilty and will be cleaning up my shoes (per your instructions) so they look good for the tournament I am playing on Thursday.

For what it's worth, I'm not lazy. Probably the opposite. I put my energy into what I feel will be most productive. Cleaning my golf shoes has never been on the radar. I am vowing now to clean my shoes and towels once per week..

lol I didn't mean what I said to be offensive in any way. TJ and I, and a few others, just share in a sickness!

To be honest, I've seen guys walking in on $200+ shoes and they just trash them. Some of them obviously had the financial means to do so and that just showed they made more money than they could value. Others would vocally express how much their equipment was and how much it set them back, so I didn't understand how someone could not take pride in a large expense... i.e.: You buy an Audi R8 and burn the seat on your way home from the dealership with a Marlboro Light and you deserve punched! If you don't treat your $100, $200, or $300 shoes with some TLC, for shame!

In all seriousness, some guys probably think we're D-bags for caring too much and that's fine.

Kudos to you on joining the Clean-Kicks-Club though!

I don't usually carry a towel until gets really hot out and I will use to keep my hands dry. I keep that towel in my trunk and will usually wash it after I play. They keep towels on hand for the caddies and, if I am not using a caddie that day (very rare), I grab one of those towels to use on my clubs and throw it in their laundry bin at the end of the round.

Bill M

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by phan52

I don't usually carry a towel until gets really hot out and I will use to keep my hands dry. I keep that towel in my trunk and will usually wash it after I play. They keep towels on hand for the caddies and, if I am not using a caddie that day (very rare), I grab one of those towels to use on my clubs and throw it in their laundry bin at the end of the round.

I was playing Arcadia Bluffs two weeks ago and my step-father bought me a towel as a souvenir. Being an OSU fan, I'm getting a lot of BS with the blue and yellow towel on my bag... but I'll be damned if you were not lying. That course is absolutely beautiful and I have no problem keeping the towel on my bag and clean as can be!

(I'll be putting up some of my pictures and video within the next few days)

Originally Posted by Spyder

If I see muddy and grassy shoes being put on before they hit the course, I can't help but assume they're lazy.

I HATE the "Jersey Shore", but I am definitely on par with Pauly D in terms of general shoe maintenance! LOL

I used to be one of those people who would get to the golf course, get my shoes out of the trunk of the car, put them on, get the clubs and go play.  Do the reverse when finished.  Rarely ever cleaned my clubs, my grips, or my shoes and probably never washed a towel.

Not sure what made me change but I am glad I did.

My son, almost 18, has taken up golf seriously now.  I am on his case constantly about maintenance of the equipment.  He played baseball since age 8 and is used to have gloves (batting) that have that tar crap on them, shoes are dusty, bag is dusty, grabbing hand full of dirt and rubbing it on your hands, etc.  Now he wants to share my extensive golf shoe collection.  If I see shoes that he has worn that have not been cleaned afterwards, I go find him and there is no peace until he cleans them.

Where we live, should never be an issue.  We have a utility room right off the garage with a huge deep sink and all sorts of cleaning supplies.  Most times, most you have to do is run water over them to get the grass and dust off and then take a damp cloth.  If you do it every time you wear them, does not take much to get them clean.  I have educated him in the use of a cloth and carburetor cleaner to take the black scuff marks off white shoes.

This week, he asked me about spinning the ball on the greens.  I pointed out that the grooves on my clubs are clean and his have crap in them.  I think he has gotten a better understanding of that now.  Only problem...he is almost to the point where he can beat me.  :)

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

Note: This thread is 3922 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!