IGNORED

What tough shot do you love?

Lash
Note: This thread is 3914 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

One course I play has an elevated green (about 35 feet above the fairway).  It's a short dogleg hole, par 4 about 280 yards, 160 to the dog leg.  If you hit it right you end up with about 100 - 120 yards to the flag but you need to hit it really high in order to hold the green.  If you get on the green in 2 you can usually 2 putt from anywhere on the green.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by geauxforbroke

The ol' trap draw. Actually any punch shot.

I also like short irons/wedges out of old divots. I always seem to catch them solid.

That's because someone alright hit the shot fat for you, so your club can glide right through without catching a chunk..

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Originally Posted by Lash

You hit your 3 wood 280 off the fairway?

Assuming neutral conditions, B330, 10-15 yards roll, that's about where it would end up. It's a titanium 13.5˚, has a very penetrating flight, and I generate a ton of clubhead speed. Off the tee I hit it higher but not really much farther than that. Out of the last 5 times I've hit it on the course, it's only been under 270 once. Still got to the fringe though.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

With the RBZ FW wood off a perfect lie its not uncommon to hit it 250 if I really connect with it.

I understand the stigma of the "e-golfer" but anytime anyone says they hit the ball far they are immediately doubted.

disclaimer: I measured with gps/laser

Originally Posted by bkitt

With the RBZ FW wood off a perfect lie its not uncommon to hit it 250 if I really connect with it.

I understand the stigma of the "e-golfer" but anytime anyone says they hit the ball far they are immediately doubted.

disclaimer: I measured with gps/laser

When I'm not duffing my RBZ 3 wood 84 yards, it's not uncommon for me to hit it around 265.

It's one of the only clubs I can semi-consistently hit long.

Ryan M

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

When I'm not duffing my RBZ 3 wood 84 yards, it's not uncommon for me to hit it around 265.

It's one of the only clubs I can semi-consistently hit long.

You guys have to stop this. I just bought a RBZ driver that really increased my distance (of course I was hitting an 8 year old driver before that) ad the guy told me the woods were suppose to be even hotter...and my 3 wood is an older Warbird that I love and hit well but don't hit it exceptionally long.

If these posts keep coming...my wife is not going to be happy with another new club showing up in my bag!

Haha, sorry man. If it makes you feel any better, I've always hit a 3 wood well. I got 255 yards out my of Target bought John Daly 3 wood. lol

Ryan M

My favorites would be either the "Bubba-esque" short iron hook shot or the punch fade... exact opposite from geauxforbroke ... Can't hit a trap draw for the life of me.

Holes which require a draw off the tee, My swing produces a high draw, so holes which favour a draw are my most loved/ comfortable shots to hit.  But fade holes....well that's a different story !

Titleist 913D2 9.5 (UST VTS 65)

Titleist 913F 15 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 913H 19 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 714 AP2 (4-PW) (DG XP-95)

Titleist Vokey SM5 (52,56,58) (DG XP-95)

Ping Anser 2 Classic

As was mentioned earlier I love playing shots that requires me to use a club in a "creative" way. If I had to pick one shot that I have done a couple of times this year and always wows those I'm with is a punch shot that I need to hook by about 30-40 yards.

Originally Posted by KrazyTrain18

Holes which require a draw off the tee, My swing produces a high draw, so holes which favour a draw are my most loved/ comfortable shots to hit.  But fade holes....well that's a different story !

How is it a "tough shot" if it's your natural shot?

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I love any unorthodox shot that needs to be played, like low punch shots from under trees, high shots over or through trees, SW chips from the rough, etc; I find it makes the game more interesting when you need to get creative with your shots.

My all-time favourite unorthodox shot that I took was a couple weeks ago. I was in the left rough of a par 4 right under a tree about 50 yards away from the hole, with a pond with a large fountain shooting upwards between me and the green. I used a 4H and hit it very lightly through the fountain and onto the green.

Most of my drives are never in the fairway, so I've learned to get better and better at these shots, but my friends think I'm crazy when I try them! :)

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

I love the green side bunker shots. I'm not good at em, but I think they are fun. I feel the same way about longish to medium putts with a big side to side break. They are tough, but when I sink one, it makes me feel like a boss lol. I also, like was said earlier, enjoy any shot where I'm using a club outside of its intended purpose I.e. using a 3 wood to punch 60 yards under a tree.

Originally Posted by Fourputt

How is it a "tough shot" if it's your natural shot?

Did you read the original post? Tough to most people...but you enjoy it yourself. Whether you are good at it or not doesn't really matter.

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

Haha, sorry man. If it makes you feel any better, I've always hit a 3 wood well. I got 255 yards out my of Target bought John Daly 3 wood. lol

To make things worse..I used my friend's R11s 4-wood yesterday. All the settings were neutral, just wanted to try it once. I hit my 3 wood off a tee first. Hit his 4 wood next, and it was a good bit higher, may have even gotten under it too much, but it was still a good 20 yards longer than my 3-wood. If I had one of those and could get the trajectory a little lower, it would be way longer than my 3 wood I am hitting now.

May have to start shopping around haha.

Tee shots with a large tree in the middle of the fairway. There are similar holes on the two courses I play. Both have big maple trees right in front of a right-turn dog leg. You can play it safe and aim left of the tree (plenty of fairway) or you can hit over the tree and end up a lot closer for your second shot.

Also like long putts where I have to hit up a hill that drains left or right towards the hole. I don't think I've ever made any in one, but it's nice when I'm left with a tap in.

Jon

I like when I'm forced to hit a low shot that requires me to draw/fade it.  Usually occurs when a tree branch is hanging overhead and the green is not reachable with a straight shot.  I find it easier to draw/fade the low irons in the back of my stance and have been very successful when attempting such shots.

3 wood out of light rough with 250-260 yards to the pin. Just get to go balls out and blast away.

Ryan M

Note: This thread is 3914 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!