IGNORED

Need some new shoes, but I am tired of laces.

Note: This thread is 3947 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am in the market for some new shoes, but I am tired of laces.

I want a pair of shoes that I can keep in my bag and whip on just as fast as I can whip em off.  I go to the range a lot at lunch and I want to get in as much practice as possible so every second counts.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Ping G30 SF TEC
Ping G25 3w
Ping G Red Dot +1/4" irons - 6,7,8,9,W,U,SW, LW
Ping G30 3H
Ping G25 4H
Ping Scottdale TR B60
Callaway Supersoft

Try FootJoys BOA lacing system.  there are laces but they are not traditional, a knob in the back of the shoe allows you to tighten them and pulling out the knob releases the laces for easy removal.  I'm not sure how much time you spend tying your shoes, but the BOA lacing system will probably be quicker.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by cnl390

I am in the market for some new shoes, but I am tired of laces.

I want a pair of shoes that I can keep in my bag and whip on just as fast as I can whip em off.  I go to the range a lot at lunch and I want to get in as much practice as possible so every second counts.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

I'm sorry, but I gotta ask... does it really take you that long to tie your shoes? I mean, what, you might be able to hit one or two more balls if you didn't have to tie them?

If it's really that big of deal, get golf shoes that you can wear everywhere so you'll always have them on. Not sure what you do for work but I'm sure you can find a good spikeless shoe that would work. I actually where my Trues almost exclusively.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

I think the time it takes me to tie my shoes I might be able to hit 1 or 2 balls, not enough lost time to warrant getting rid of laces IMO.

I agree with Tristan.  I just bought a pair of Ecco's that you could wear all day and to the golf course so you wouldn't have to waste time tying your shoes at the range but you would have to tie them sometime.  My buddy wears FJ's that have a wire for laces and you just turn the knob in the back and it tightens them, not sure of the model.

OK let me come clean.  I just hate to admit age is catching up with me.  You know the saying, "If I knew I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself."

Anyway between my bad knees and the arthritis in my hip it is a chore just to tie my shoes.  But you all bring up another question, spikes vs. spike less.  Pros and cons.

Thanks

Ping G30 SF TEC
Ping G25 3w
Ping G Red Dot +1/4" irons - 6,7,8,9,W,U,SW, LW
Ping G30 3H
Ping G25 4H
Ping Scottdale TR B60
Callaway Supersoft

The Ecco's you can wear all day.  I have worn them to work.  They don't hold the ground as well but they are VERY comfortable.

I had a pair of Footjoys with the knob on the back and caught the knob on the edge of the golf cart somehow.  Snapped the knob off, shoe was shot.  Thankfully I was able to exchange it for a pair with laces.

Note: This thread is 3947 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!