IGNORED

Bomb Tech Grenade Driver

Note: This thread is 3428 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Who said I was outraged? I'm not and I wasn't The guy was acting like a dick and I called him on it. Thread is six months old so what? The thread is open for comments, I read the thread because I wanted to see some feed back from average golfers who may have used this club not some bull from an internet bully or coward or troll. Why are you reading this thread? Just out soaking in golf related talk and info? Fine, I do that too sometimes, but not this time, so Desmond's comments may be entertaining to you, but they weren't for me. I'm spending money on a product I would like to know a little more about.

My point was simply that if you read the whole thread, and not just stopped after Mr. Desmond's rude comments, you would have seen that a mod had already "called him on it."  There is no rule against bringing up old stuff at all, I'm just saying that 6 months after the fact it serves little purpose, especially since it'd already been done.

P.S. @jamo wrote a good review of this club (that he linked in this thread) so I suggest that you go check it out.  Sounds like he really liked it.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Mr Desmond normally has very insightful comments regarding equipment not sure what set him in the wrong direction here. Anyways I have heard a number of good reviews including @jamo 's review. It is great to see a new face on the market.

Michael

Mr Desmond normally has very insightful comments regarding equipment not sure what set him in the wrong direction here. Anyways I have heard a number of good reviews including @jamo's review. It is great to see a new face on the market.

This has been my observation as well. His response really surprised me, and I was wondering the same thing.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• Administrator

Okay guys, seriously, the off topic stuff should have been over six months ago.

:offtopic:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Can I just add,.. Jamo's review was superb! Very informative on every level! And as I'm not a fan of adjustability, at least not yet, I find these kind of reviews very interesting! If your out there jamo? Do you have any more?

Gaz Lee

Can I just add,.. Jamo's review was superb! Very informative on every level! And as I'm not a fan of adjustability, at least not yet, I find these kind of reviews very interesting! If your out there jamo? Do you have any more?

Thanks! All of the staff reviews on the site are here: http://thesandtrap.com/b/reviews

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Inquiring minds want to know if it is still in your bag?

I haven't gotten to play any rounds in the last few months because of busyness and weather (and I don't really use a driver at the range much), but at the end of the season I was rotating between the BombTech and a Nike VR_S Covert Tour.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I haven't gotten to play any rounds in the last few months because of busyness and weather (and I don't really use a driver at the range much), but at the end of the season I was rotating between the BombTech and a Nike VR_S Covert Tour.

I essentially bought mine at the end of the season based your review jamo and my conversations with the rep on the website.  He was also very helpful with my questions, and I had a few. ;)  I really look forward to getting some more playing time in with it, which probably won't happen until March when I head to FL for a couple weeks.  It is a great club I love that it is not adjustable as well.  Lighter, faster and somehow it feels easier to control.  I don't really get how it works, but don't really care either as long as it functions how it should.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, so with all of the above distractions out of the way.

I received the Grenade about three weeks ago and here is a copy and paste of my post from elsewhere. I thought I could ad something of value to this thread.

I bought one 3 weeks ago, they were on sale for $199 so I thought I would pull the trigger.

My current drivers are razrfit and the razr fit extreme. I play them with the face set to open and my miss is usually a pull hook.

With the grenade I was slicing right out of the box and bad too. Took me about about 1200 balls and three weeks to figure out what was happening. It plays a little heavier and I think it was pulling the head out on my down swing and causing me to outside in the ball.    Now it seems I can hit this driver as good as I hit the razrs. My miss is a push now, with the Callaway it was a hook.

After I got this thing under control I decided to do a side by side comparison with my two Callaway drivers.

So it was off to the range and I compared all three of my drivers side by side. Hit 250 balls. The razrs were custom fit for me with after market shafts and I was able to change those out as a comparison as well.  I would hit a few balls at a time with each driver ensuring that I could get used to each driver's weight and get  a good couple of  swings with each driver. I did this several times over two hours at the range. I wanted to get a true feel for which driver was longer and straighter.

The last 50 balls or so I was tired but I was taking my best swings and getting the best results with all three of my drivers.

Results of my unscientific experiment. Grenade was consistently longer than both of the Callaways. The balls were landing closer to the fence more often, I'm sure of it, also, my longest and straightest drive of the day came from the Grenade. Dispersion, hard to say which driver had the narrower dispersion, no hooks with the Grenade but more pushes than the Callaways. If forced to offer an opinion I'd say the Razr had a smaller dispersion than both the Razr Extreme and the Grenade but that is probably because I have had the Razr a long time and it was my only driver for a year before I bought  the Extreme and 14 months before I bought the Grenade. Ball flight, The Grenade Ballooned much less than the Callways, only a couple of times and some of those range balls are pretty beat up.  The Callaways generally had a lower ball flight but ballooned more often. The roll out couldn't be observed because the range has a back fence that all of the well struck balls would bounce against.

The  sound on a well struck ball is second to none on the RFE, the Grenade is a close second. The feel on both the Grenade and the RFE is Butter

Heel hits on all three clubs will usually end up on the fairway. Toe hits on the RFE and the RF will draw for me, a toe hit on the Grenade slices.

I hope to add more to this in a couple of weeks after I play the grenade for a few rounds. I think for the price though the performance is remarkable.

Quality seems top notch, if the paint is indicative of the build quality, and it is a solid club, this driver should last for years and years.

It really is a beast but you have to keep control of the club head. It is longer than my razr Fit, I'm sure of that. I won't know really how long this thing can be until I play it a little more. Is it more forgiving? I'm not sure. I am going to bench my Callaways and try this on the course for a few rounds and see what happens.

In my bag....

Bombtech Grenade driver. 10.5* Aldila DVS60 stiff, 45"

Ping i20 irons, ProjectX5.5. 5 thru PW.

Tour Edge 3 Hybrid, Adams A7 4Hybrid

Titelist SM4 52-8. 56-12

Cleveland RTX 60-12 wedge.

Tour Edge xcg5 15* 3 Wood

Cheap crappy Wilson putter that works as well as anything for me.

It's a work in progress, I've only been playing for going on two years or so.

I wonder how that sole will be when hitting it off the ground. I find that might be just a 3-wood used off the tee.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

[QUOTE name="cipher" url="/t/68192/bomb-tech-grenade-driver/36#post_934523"] [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/88532/] [/URL][/QUOTE] I wonder how that sole will be when hitting it off the ground. I find that might be just a 3-wood used off the tee.

If they add a V shape it might act like a boat hull through the grass and direct the travel. Wonder if that is against the rules?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

If they add a V shape it might act like a boat hull through the grass and direct the travel.

Wonder if that is against the rules?

Lots of clubs have been designed with the "boat hull" concept.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I think it was some cobra hybrid that had those grooves in the bottom of the club,

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I think it was some cobra hybrid that had those grooves in the bottom of the club,

The first generation Cobra Baffler IIRC. I also seem to remember someone posting pics of an old persimmon FW that had a distinctive "boat hull" design.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 3428 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!