IGNORED

Bomb Tech Grenade Driver

Note: This thread is 3407 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

For sure unique looking. I will buy just because that. If anyone sees the Grenade they usually ask about it. The zipper pocket is a nice feature.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

For sure unique looking. I will buy just because that. If anyone sees the Grenade they usually ask about it. The zipper pocket is a nice feature.

Great. thanks again for the feedback.. Its always helpful.

Had my best driving day in a long time using the Grenade last Sun. Hit my first drive 310 into a water hazard with a crowd of about 20 watching. Thankfully it rolled right and stayed up just inside the red paint. Hit a wedge to the green and made par, good way to start. Funny thing was the starter is a buddy and he saw the green shaft and green grip, I regripped it with a Avon Chamois, and asked WTF is that. He seemed puzzled by not seeing something familiar off the rack. The next thing he said was I think you hit it in the lake. Loving the Grenade now that I have passed the adjustment period. Didn't hit a sub 250 yd drive all day. Most were 275ish which is about a 15 yd improvement over my 2013 average. Sadly my approach shots still usually suck.

• Upvote 1

Had my best driving day in a long time using the Grenade last Sun. Hit my first drive 310 into a water hazard with a crowd of about 20 watching. Thankfully it rolled right and stayed up just inside the red paint. Hit a wedge to the green and made par, good way to start. Funny thing was the starter is a buddy and he saw the green shaft and green grip, I regripped it with a Avon Chamois, and asked WTF is that. He seemed puzzled by not seeing something familiar off the rack. The next thing he said was I think you hit it in the lake. Loving the Grenade now that I have passed the adjustment period. Didn't hit a sub 250 yd drive all day. Most were 275ish which is about a 15 yd improvement over my 2013 average. Sadly my approach shots still usually suck.

Awesome!! Thanks for the update. #pulltepin

• 3 weeks later...

Just got the Grenade in the mail and wow.  It looks so %^$&ing; mean in person. Im very impressed with the club I hit about 6 or 7 drives in the back yard and I was pleased. Then I hit it in the middle on number 8 or 9 and holy $hit.  I ended up hitting 15 balls or so 3 or 4 of which were hit in the center.  It feels amazing and has a great sound.  The sound kind of reminds me of the noise in Ironman 1 when he's forging the first suit.  Im probably going to be playing this saturday so Ill put a better review on here after I get a round or 2 under my belt.

Just got the Grenade in the mail and wow.  It looks so %^$&ing; mean in person. Im very impressed with the club I hit about 6 or 7 drives in the back yard and I was pleased. Then I hit it in the middle on number 8 or 9 and holy $hit.  I ended up hitting 15 balls or so 3 or 4 of which were hit in the center.  It feels amazing and has a great sound.  The sound kind of reminds me of the noise in Ironman 1 when he's forging the first suit.  Im probably going to be playing this saturday so Ill put a better review on here after I get a round or 2 under my belt.

Jakester23,

AWESOME!!!! Thanks for joining our team and giving your initial thoughts.  PULL THE PIN!

I used it this weekend and an very pleased. Im 90% sure I hit all my drives further with it than my old driver. My buddy I was playing with was also very impressed. I absolutely love the sound and the club head give me a lot of feedback on where I hit the ball on the face. I suggest that anyone looking for a new driver seriously consider the bombtech. I don't think you will find a better product at your local golf store for the price.

I don't know what the magic is in the Grenade but it's real. At least it is for my Mom. She uses mine every time we play and the distance difference between it and her driver is noticeable. Crazy thing is the shaft should be way too stiff for her but for whatever reason it works. My drives suffer from being either good or bad and there isn't much in between either kill it or the ball goes nowhere. But that is due to something I am doing wrong not the equipment. I've had really bad luck with lessons and instructors this year.

• 3 weeks later...
I finally gave in and pulled the pin! Saw that they had a 20 percent off Mother's Day sale, so I took full advantage. It said on the site that the drivers usually ship within 48 hours, and I was just wondering how long it took everyone to get the club? I am heading to AZ for a big golf trip with the buddies and we leave the Friday of Memorial Day weekend. Can't wait to give this thing a try! This site definitely convinced me that giving the Grenade a chance is the right thing to do. Thanks

I ordered mine on a Saturday and got it on the following Thursday. You won't be disappointed.

@Jakester23 you were right about the fast shipping. I ordered mine on Sunday and I got it yesterday. This driver looks and feels awesome. I will take it for a test run this weekend on the range and the course. Then I will post a review. Can't explain how happy I am that I got it in time for my golf trip next week.

I am back to using my razr fit. The Grenade is a nice driver and long, I just like my Fit better. I hit it longer and better, but I have hit alot of drivers and I can't find one I like better than my Razr Fit.

I kept the Grenade in my bag for a couple of months, reshafted it, gave it a chance.

In my bag....

Bombtech Grenade driver. 10.5* Aldila DVS60 stiff, 45"

Ping i20 irons, ProjectX5.5. 5 thru PW.

Tour Edge 3 Hybrid, Adams A7 4Hybrid

Titelist SM4 52-8. 56-12

Cleveland RTX 60-12 wedge.

Tour Edge xcg5 15* 3 Wood

Cheap crappy Wilson putter that works as well as anything for me.

It's a work in progress, I've only been playing for going on two years or so.

• 3 months later...

Have about a dozen drivers. Including Bomb Tech. Some drive "farther" than others. None save me a couple of clubs on my second shot (on average). Some one club? Maybe. (On average). Now I go by feel. Which one feels the best when I swing it. (That day). Scientific, huh?

• 3 months later...
Note: This thread is 3407 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!