• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beachcomber

4th of July - are there any good sales going on?

3 posts in this topic

In particular, I'm looking for a 2 for one type of deal on Penta TP5 or Lethal golf balls.  But if there are any other stellar deals going on this week/end.... Please post them here.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Saw the Penta TP3 on sale at TGW for $17.76/dz. Never played them but that's a pretty good price.

Clubchucker, thanks for the post. I was talking to Golfingdad about that deal earlier today. He's been playing the TP3, and I was curious how he liked them. I'm gonna hold off for another day or two and see if I come across something better.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2016 TST Partners

GAME Golf
    PING Golf
    Lowest Score Wins
    • TST Fantasy Golf 2016
      I had Jimmy Walker in, and pulled him since he didn't score well the first two rounds. Then he fires a 63 today. Damn.
    • Most Stressful Shot for You
      For me, it's a long carry of any kind, over water, over a cross hazard and somewhat less stressful over a fairway bunker. My miss is hardly ever too long, but it's short (right of course as a righty, but also left) aplenty. My second most stressful shot is with a severe downhill lie, especially when height is needed, to carry water, carry a bunker, stop it quickly to a green sloping away from me, etc... The first tee jitters exist too, depending on the event, competition or not, known course or not, known people or not, but after feeling completely outside my body and nearly missing the ball entirely during my first sanctioned NCGA tourney (right after they call my name), it never has been that bad and actually feels less stressful than those first two types of shot.
    • Club face angles
      No way to adjust it but you can grip the club so the face is square or open at address. The closed face angle doesn't usually effect things unless you sole it prior to gripping.
    • My Swing (Zooz)
      Glad to hear it bud! The driver is a longer club, so it is not possible to keep it underneath you as much. In golf terms they say it is a wider and slightly flatter swing. Essentially the bucket will swing more around the body, while still being connected. The basic concept is since the face has less loft, and the ball is on a tee, you need more of a sweeping motion. Don't help it or scoop up with the wrists, this can also cause a high slice. Trust the club to get the ball in the air just by contact. The driver sweeps up on the teed ball. The irons can be very descending and still work great. Without video I cannot say how descending of a blow you were achieving. It is very difficult for some people to make the two different swings but I find it can also be very easy. The tough part is understanding that this new upward sweeping swing is still a swing. It is not a lift. It still involves turn, weight transfer, acceleration. Almost all pros teach that you should just adjust your setup for driver as follows, and let the adjustments do the work for you:  First, it helps a lot if the ball is toward the front of the stance, just inside the heel of the front foot (foot closer to the target). Next you want to tilt your shoulders so the front shoulder is slightly higher and pointing up, to guide the path of the club upwards. Setting up with your shoulders slightly closed to the target of your feet and minds eye (in your case shoulders pointed a little left of target), can help too. Most importantly everything has to fire a little bit upward, the hips and shoulders. Basically it is like throwing the bucket over an obstacle, the obstacle would be like a small animal. Everything has to aim up a little more (but not fall back). Always complete the swing and weight shift 100%. Remember you can let the longer clubs be a little less underneath you. You will feel with driver as if you are swinging more around the ball as opposed to down into it. Sometimes I have people make the set up adjustments and they lose it during the swing. You have to keep the adjustments until just after impact. The best way is to get an understanding in the mind (as always) of how the club is shaped differently and how best to use it. The pros are very good at having the hands in front of the ball at impact with driver, but swinging upwards as well. This gives the ball more height and less spin. Most amatuers have the hands too far behind the ball, and don't swing up enough. Stay confident with driver and be positive. There are millions of golfers that will tell you they "cannot hit driver." Many leave it at home, or hit a slice and then say, "see I told you!" Don't be like this. Tell yourself you will be a great driver of the ball once you completely grasp it. People who beat themselves in their head have no chance of hitting a good drive. Always give yourself a chance. Also most people like this have an ingrained descending swing tbat only works with irons. The problem is on windy days the can't shallow out the plane to hit low shots. They certainly can't handle long courses. I think of the driver as my most accurate club. It's such a long club with a big sweet spot I can basically bunt it 200 yards down the fairway if I had to. Don't try to over do it. You will find more joy in hitting a low solid drive that carries 200 and rolls another 50 in the fairway, then one that carries 260 all over the place.
    • My Swing (coop6)
      yea, nice edit.  lol. seriously though, nice swing too! 
  • TST Blog Entries

• Images

• Today's Birthdays

• Blog Entries