IGNORED

My Swing (hendog)

hendog
Note: This thread is 3938 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 13 years

My current handicap index or average score is: ~9

My typical ball flight is: Both draw and fade. I enjoy hitting both

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Wipe right or flip left

I was shocked to see how badly I cast the club. My question now is do I try to do anything about it or just roll with it. I can hit draws and fades with this swing and can play to a single digit handicap.

Videos:

Do you always play the ball that far back? With the weight shifting forward, it becomes pretty hard to hit a ball that far back without casting.

That said, whether you want to fix your swing really comes down to why you want to do it. If you are happy playing golf like this, I wouldn't change a thing. It all depends on how much you want to improve and your commitment level.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have played it that far back for quite some time. I think it migrated there because of the cast to your point. If I play it further up I have trouble striking it on the down stroke. I played baseball for 22 years. Wonder if there is a correlation.

• Administrator
Originally Posted by hendog

I have played it that far back for quite some time. I think it migrated there because of the cast to your point. If I play it further up I have trouble striking it on the down stroke.

I played baseball for 22 years. Wonder if there is a correlation.

It's a reasonable temporary fix, but you really won't end up with it there if you fix your flipping.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

It's a reasonable temporary fix, but you really won't end up with it there if you fix your flipping.

That's the point I was trying to make: if he wants to keep playing golf, he can continue to play as it is. If he wants to improve his swing, he is going to struggle with it for some time. Up to hendog to decide. For what it's worth, if I played to a single digit, I might just keep my swing, crutches and all.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Yeah it's weird because after I saw this, I realized that I have to swing nice and easy to limit the shaft flex before I make contact and my tempo improved and surprise surprise I started hitting the ball better. So at least knowing my faults helps me work with them. I'm sticking with what I have for now.

Originally Posted by hendog

Yeah it's weird because after I saw this, I realized that I have to swing nice and easy to limit the shaft flex before I make contact and my tempo improved and surprise surprise I started hitting the ball better.

So at least knowing my faults helps me work with them. I'm sticking with what I have for now.

" Iffin it ain't broke, don't try an fixit"

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Note: This thread is 3938 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!