IGNORED

G25's or Cobra Amp Cell Irons

Note: This thread is 3752 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ive had the G25 and they are really good irons but the cobra ones are very nice also it depends which suit your eye the best as half the battle is how you feel about them at address

yeah i know what your saying... the problem with me is being left handed i can never try out as many clubs as i would like... can always find the pings, just never the cobras

I have only hit the Cobra's once just for a few swings, but tomorrow we are having Ping demo day at my club.  I am very interested in buying the G25's, I'll let you know how they feel.

I picked up a set of G25's about a month ago. I love them. I have since recorded both my personal record for 18 holes and 9 holes with the new irons. I have never hit the cobra.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by MyrtleBeachGolf

I picked up a set of G25's about a month ago. I love them. I have since recorded both my personal record for 18 holes and 9 holes with the new irons. I have never hit the cobra.

Are you using the color that was on the chart for your size, or is it not always accurate?  For my measurements it says I should be Red, but I already fade the ball and the chart makes it seem like I need Black or even Blue because of my fade.  What are your thoughts/suggestions?

Ill tell you this... You need to find a fitter that you trust.... I bought my a set of g15's at one place and they fitted me as a green dot... a year and a half later when I brought them to a different place to get em regripped I was told I was a white dot... My set up could have changed a bit seeing as i've only played for 2 years, but i just wanted to give you my thoughts

Originally Posted by jimmer1609

Ill tell you this... You need to find a fitter that you trust.... I bought my a set of g15's at one place and they fitted me as a green dot... a year and a half later when I brought them to a different place to get em regripped I was told I was a white dot... My set up could have changed a bit seeing as i've only played for 2 years, but i just wanted to give you my thoughts

The green and white are right next to each other on the chart, so they are not far off.  How are the clubs playing for you even though they might be a little off?  I'm also wondering do you think that your swing has changed in that year and a half?

I have hit both the Ping G25 and the Cobra Amp irons, I'm going with the Pings. But I have played Pings for years and I love them. I currently have the G15s, which I like, but the G25s are REALLY nice. Now I just have to convince myself to it is worth ~$900 for a new set (I play graphite shafts).

To be honest, I hit the white dots the same as the green, I'm great whit the low irons but are terrible w the 3h 4i 5i... I've recently started reading a book called "how to shoot 80" and it has added some accuracy and distance so yes my set might have changed .. I don't feel as upright, although the white dots are suppose to be more upright

Cobra for me, nearly bought the Cell irons before trying the Cleveland 588 TT. I liked the Cobra but I got a great deal on a set of used twice 588 TT's for $300. I had narrowed it down to the Cell and 588 so it worked out. Golfetail sells the AMP Cell set cheap on ebay, winning bids have been in the $320 range.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I love the cobras. Have the amp cells but never tried the g25s. Not a ping fan. But if you go with the cells you will absoulty love them

jimmer1609 go try as many irons as you can keep an open mind. Narrow it down to a couple and come back try them again. This way you have a little time to diggest what you decided and will have a clear head when you pull the trigger on what you want.

Get fitted with what ever you like the most, I got the G25's they fit me in yellow dot, so after three differant fitters came back with the same that was what I got.

I have not looked back at any time with what I decided.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

I hit the G25's today for about 30 minutes.  I didn't like them very much.  Nothing felt solid off of the club face even though the ball was going a good distance.  I hit them as well or as bad as I hit my own irons but they just didn't feel solid to me.  I have only hit a few shots with the Cobra's, but I like them more than the Ping's.  In the end it is what feels good to you not anyone else.  I know a lot of people who swear by their Ping's and don't like Callaway's.

Yeah I know it's all about personal preference and trying out clubs, it's just hard being left handed shops always have a limited selection .. I've yet to find a place w lefty amp irons

• 5 months later...

I have tried both the G25 and Cobra iron sets and purchased the Cobra. The biggest challenge for me has been learning the yardage for the new irons as they have added 10-12 yards from my previous irons (Taylor Made - Burner Plus). The best iron that I tried was the Mizuno 825. It was really a great feeling iron that offered the same distance I was getting from the Cobra. The Cobra set was on sale at Dicks Sporting Goods for a limited time, ($300 less than the Misuno). With what I saved I purchased the Cobra Driver. The Cobra irons are very good, and I am glad that I made the purchase.

With performance being equal, save yourself some $$$ and go Cobra.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

With performance being equal, save yourself some $$$ and go Cobra.

Yeah I'd have to agree. If $$$ wasnt an issue I'd say Ping all day but save the dough and go Cobra.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Note: This thread is 3752 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!