IGNORED

My Swing (daniel2852)

daniel2852
Note: This thread is 3945 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 1 year

My current handicap index or average score is:36.4

My typical ball flight is:medium trajectory, slight fade

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Topping, shanking, not getting the ball up

Videos:

I have improved this swing a lot, if you look at my old swing video you could see that I didn't even try to keep my left arm straight and I had an outside-in backswing. I can already notice a few things I can fix though, my head should be more stable, my left arm should be more straight and my legs need a better transition through the swing. I really like how my hands are squaring up at impact though.

Any tips appreciated.

Im very new to this game also but it looks like you do what i do and pull into your body coming across the ball instead of strait into it i feal like i swing like charles barkley.. do you slice it a lot? what has worked for me some is slowing it down.. my best feeling and farthest and strait shots where a swing where i felt like i didnt put any power into it... and what do you know it flys strait and far.. seems like your left arm goes into your body..

Hey, played another round today. The slicing has gone down a lot just due to simple improvements in grip, stance and swing path.

If I hit a bad shot though, it is usually slice. I have tamed into a workable fade. Sometimes I will hit straight though when I was intending to fade, so my slice is improving.

A slow relaxed swing does seem to help, but it's a tradeoff for distance. I hit my driver anywhere from 250-280 on a good hit, with a slow controlled swing it's more like 200 yards.

My biggest problems are topping(getting the ball up in the air), hitting behind the ball, occasional shanking and not carrying enough distance.

Note: This thread is 3945 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!