IGNORED

Possible Wisconsin Area TST Outing

cipher
Note: This thread is 3936 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It seem like there are a few more Sconies around here than I thought.  I am just wondering what interest there would be in a golf outing for guys in this area maybe later this summer or early this fall?  Even if we were to put a couple groups together, that would be cool.  Maybe we could even pull a couple guys in from MN or IL.  If enough are interested we can find a place and time.  I already know a couple that would be interested, so that is a start.  I was thinking Milwaukee, Madison or the Dells for the first one.  Anyway, post here if you might be interested.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I would be interested! I live in the Fox Valley. There are a lot of nice courses in the Dells. It could turn into a nice mini-vacation for the wife and kid also. Really there is good golf courses all around Wisconsin... Racine/Kenosha, Milwaukee, Fox Valley, Madison and the Dells. For the 3 months we are able to play up here any way ha!

Originally Posted by McMullenCPA

I would be interested! I live in the Fox Valley. There are a lot of nice courses in the Dells. It could turn into a nice mini-vacation for the wife and kid also. Really there is good golf courses all around Wisconsin... Racine/Kenosha, Milwaukee, Fox Valley, Madison and the Dells. For the 3 months we are able to play up here any way ha!

Nice!  Pretty sure we can get a few more guys and hopefully at least two groups out there.  My vote would probably be for the Dells as well.  That way guys could have the families along as an excuse if they wanted.  I have always wanted to play Wild Rock but I am not sure what the price is there.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

We're from northern Illinois, but we have a summer home on Browns lake just outside of Burlington WI. I could be interested if there is enough of others to make it a fun day/weekend.

I think the dells or Milwaukee would be a consideration for those that have spouses/families that could do other things while the outing takes place.

Originally Posted by jimmyc

We're from northern Illinois, but we have a summer home on Browns lake just outside of Burlington WI. I could be interested if there is enough of others to make it a fun day/weekend.

I think the dells or Milwaukee would be a consideration for those that have spouses/families that could do other things while the outing takes place.

That would be great!  We will see how many guys we can get that are interested and we can go from there.  Would be great to have some guys from IL and MN come as well and I think that the Dells would be the perfect place for that.

Nate

Count me in on this! I think it's a great idea and would be a lot of fun..... I am from Racine area but willing to travel just about about anywhere in the state....

I'd be in for the Dells.  It's been the better part of a decade since I've played Wild Rock (it was still called the Wilderness GC back then), but it was a gorgeous course.  A bit pricier than I like to pay, though, but one can get a $59 coupon for Sundays after 11a.m. through golfwisconsin.com.

A good alternative might be Devil's Head.  It's a very nice, challenging and hilly course and if we schedule it for early September (which would work well for my busy summer schedule), greens fees are only $37 with cart (non-peak season starts the end of August).

In my bag: - Ping G20 driver, 10.5 deg. S flex - Ping G20 3W, 15 deg., S flex - Nickent 4dx 3H, 4H - Nike Slingshot 4-PW - Adams Tom Watson 52 deg. GW - Vokey 58 deg. SW -Ping Half Wack-E putter

Crap. Wish I could make it. Grew up in Racine. University Ridge in Madison is great too......

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Originally Posted by sigfan2340

Count me in on this! I think it's a great idea and would be a lot of fun..... I am from Racine area but willing to travel just about about anywhere in the state....

Sweet! I think we should be getting pretty close to two groups already which to me would be a success for this area.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisguy

I'd be in for the Dells.  It's been the better part of a decade since I've played Wild Rock (it was still called the Wilderness GC back then), but it was a gorgeous course.  A bit pricier than I like to pay, though, but one can get a $59 coupon for Sundays after 11a.m. through golfwisconsin.com.

A good alternative might be Devil's Head.  It's a very nice, challenging and hilly course and if we schedule it for early September (which would work well for my busy summer schedule), greens fees are only $37 with cart (non-peak season starts the end of August).

Nice!  Yeah I am thinking that Wild Rock is a bit steep for everyone.  There may be some better options for us price wise.  I am thinking that early September is going to work the best as well.  My summer is already pretty crazy as well.  The only thing is most people who have kids have school starting up then, but for me it is no big deal especially on a weekend.  I would be up for Devil's Head.  I have not played there yet.

Originally Posted by David in FL

Crap. Wish I could make it. Grew up in Racine. University Ridge in Madison is great too......

Dang, wish you could come.  That would be great.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what do you guys think?  Maybe Sat the 7th or the 14th of September.  Would something like that work?

Nate

Why don't we see how many people we get, their locations and select a course from that? If 90% of us are Kenosha/Racine/Milwaukee maybe we look in the Southeast corner or if it's spread out the Dells or even Lawsonia might be an option.

Why don't we see how many people we get, their locations and select a course from that? If 90% of us are Kenosha/Racine/Milwaukee maybe we look in the Southeast corner or if it's spread out the Dells or even Lawsonia might be an option.

Sounds like a plan.  So for for sure we have me, my brother(Kadesh) who is a member but just creeps around here.  ;)  Sounds like you for sure as well.  I am pretty sure Jakester would want to come when he sees the thread.  If wisguy, jimmyc, and McMullenCPA all would be able to come we are pretty much at two groups thus far already.  I am hoping we could get a few more.

Nate

Jakester, I will post this here so we don't clutter up the other thread too much.

Quote:
I'd love to but I'm already committed to an outing the first weekend of September its an overnight. So if you do it the next weekend in the dells I doubt I'd be able to get the wife to ok back to back weekends being gone.

It looks like Jakester would not be able to make it during the first couple weeks of September anyway.  The dates are nothing official right now though and we would love to have you come.  Just want to see who would be interested for now and like sigfan says we can go from there.

Nate

This thread inspired me to set-up our own Wisconsin Group..... Click on the groups tab above to find it "Wisconsin Golf" or follow the link below....

http://thesandtrap.com/groups/show/77/wisconsin-golf

Invite everyone from Wisconsin to the group!

• Upvote 1

I might be down... depends when/where/price/etc.

Even par through 9 is my best.  I don't even want to think about what was my worst.

Originally Posted by PooN

I might be down... depends when/where/price/etc.

Nice, I am thinking we should find something maybe at or under $45 or so.  Whatever everyone would be comfortable with.

Nate

• Administrator

This thread inspired me to set-up our own Wisconsin Group..... Click on the groups tab above to find it "Wisconsin Golf" or follow the link below....

http://thesandtrap.com/groups/show/77/wisconsin-golf

Invite everyone from Wisconsin to the group!

If you see someone with Wisconsin in their "Location" feel free to PM them and invite them to join it. Or add a link to the group in your signature.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'm definately up for it, but it really depends on when. I will be spending most of my fall in CA for work, coming home every other weekend. So I got a 50/50 shot?

Note: This thread is 3936 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!