IGNORED

Golf Fuel Brain Vitamin - Junk

MEfree
Note: This thread is 3187 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I got an email from Revolution Golf promoting the Golf Fuel supplement...has anyone tried this?

https://www.golffuel.com

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

I received the same email ... but if Peter Kessler says it'll cure what ails ya' ...

I'll just drink green tea and take some ginkgo ...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No but after looking at the active ingredients it's nothing that isn't in the many supplements you can buy at GNC. They may even sell it there. Personally my fave is nitric oxide blend with caffeine.

Dave :-)

Supplements are crap, there not regulated well, so there is a lot of bad stuff in them. Really you don't need them, unless you have something like an iron deficiency, just eat lots of veggies. There's a reason why humans have molars, to grind down veggies :p, use them :p

The only supplements i will take is Caffeine, it does boost performance in physical activities. Especially if you don't drink it a lot.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• 3 months later...

Supplements are crap, there not regulated well, so there is a lot of bad stuff in them. Really you don't need them, unless you have something like an iron deficiency, just eat lots of veggies. There's a reason why humans have molars, to grind down veggies :p, use them :p

The only supplements i will take is Caffeine, it does boost performance in physical activities. Especially if you don't drink it a lot.

What @saevel25 said ^^^^^^ !

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

You use caffeine for golf? I agree that its a great supplement for gym work or endurance but what benefits do you get from it for golf?

Last time I had a DR Pepper before a round it made my distances too much.  Caffeine got me all jacked up and I swung too hard with wedges.

Was hitting lob wedges 120, carried a green whose back was at 135 with a sand wedge, and let's not even talk about the gap wedge.  Needless to say it hurt my round.

• 2 months later...

I am an internal medicine physician--and an avid golfer.  I just heard a long sell for Golf Fuel on Revolution Golf. This is supposedly a brain fuel. I am embarrassed for Peter Kessler--and for Revolution Golf. All those things--the 7 ingredients--are things you get in ordinary food (tyrosine is in cheese, for example) or your body makes them naturally. Sure studies from major universities demonstrate the importance of these ingredients in the production of neurotransmitters, but if you eat anything near a general diet, you have no need for $97 per month supplements. Show me a double-blind study in a major medical journal from one of the prestige universities that says that Golf Fuel taken as a supplement does any good at all.  For the anecdotal testimonies, there is a simple explanation. There is a 30% placebo effect--if you give people sugar pills and tell them they are neurotransmitters, 30% of people will claim to feel or perform better (especially if they have been silly enough to put out $97 a month).

I would be laughing at the Revolution Golf (see Marty Lempkin the Energy Blaster 3000 on youtube if you want to see a hilarious infomercial like the one by Peter Kessler on Revolution Golf) except I am so disappointed in Revolution Golf for hyping this stuff.  I sent an email to Mr. Tupper (CEO of Revolution) a month or so ago complaining about the info-mercial on Revolution Golf for BioTrust IC-5 which advised taking this stuff "Do this before eating carbs--every time!" It claimed to lower blood sugar, increase insulin sensitivity, and increase fat burning. They even mentioned the product had no potential side effects or interactions with other medicines. I guess they are not aware that cinnamon (a component in the product) has been associated with premature uterine contractions and premature delivery.

This last Golf Fuel ad seemed to suggest that if you are over 30, you are pretty much going down the drain, so take Golf Fuel to save yourself.

Recently a major-legitimate double blind medical study came out showing that supplements and extra vitamins do not help and may cause harm.

I would like to see a large group of people blog and/or write Revolution Golf and urge them to stop these hype commercials for products that make medical claims that are not substantiated. Ask them to regain some dignity and go back to the golf instruction and sales of golf products. Please stop making me cringe with infomercials for expensive supplements that imply medical benefits--and are clearly outside the expertise of Peter Kessler (not an MD, or nutritionist) and Revolution Golf.

I am no doctor, but I remember seeing the emails and commercials and just moving on as if I didn't see anythying.  I remember thinking to my self, Ya right a pill that can make you a better golfer.. Wouldn't that be great :)

Thanks for this highly informative post, although I don't have time to verify any of the stuff that you said, but you make sense as far as I am concerned.. So thanks!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Excellent post @Golfertom .  I don't take any supplements unless my Doctor recommends them. I doubt Revolution Golf would listen to a write in campaign. It is only about making money unfortunately.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 3 months later...

I'm a 71 yr old golfer with a 25 HC that increases about 1 point each yr. Years ago I got as low as a 9 HC. I play between 24-40 rounds/yr. and can't bring my range game to the course. I have good physical health, but poor mental health due to the game of golf. Obviously with my declining game and increasing handicap, the ad caught my attention.

Rev. Golf now has sports psychologist Dr. Gio Valiante, as Matt Kuchar's coach, revealing "the hidden obstacle to bad golf". Never mind the good doctor is pictured with someone other than Matt Kuchar on the ad page. I listened to the very end and decided to do a little research. This product looks like it's been around since at least 2007. Price now offered at $67 a bottle, with the buy three-get one free offer.

From my own personal experience, I know vitamin supplements work. Maybe the product will improve my game, maybe not. Until I see more studies, believe I'll see what my local vitamin store has to say about the ingredients and their effectiveness on my particular being.

Man I wish improving was all about taking the right pill.. I don't think they would pay out ins of money for winning though!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Its basically just an energy drink. Go buy a 5 hour energy. The 2nd most ingredient looks to be Caffeine. STARBUCKS!!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

I guess I can't tell the difference if I've had any caffeine or not. I usually drink a glass of Mountain Dew in the morning before I go to work. I figured I had to be getting at least a little bit of a wakeup out of it. About a week ago I happened to notice that the half empty Mountain Dew bottle said "Caffeine free" so I looked at another bottle my wife had just bought and it was the same. I asked her how long she had been buying the caffeine free bottles and she said "For a long time." So I suppose I'll just start drinking a glass of water instead. ;-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by saevel25

Its basically just an energy drink. Go buy a 5 hour energy. The 2nd most ingredient looks to be Caffeine. STARBUCKS!!!

I guess I can't tell the difference if I've had any caffeine or not. I usually drink a glass of Mountain Dew in the morning before I go to work. I figured I had to be getting at least a little bit of a wakeup out of it.

About a week ago I happened to notice that the half empty Mountain Dew bottle said "Caffeine free" so I looked at another bottle my wife had just bought and it was the same.

I asked her how long she had been buying the caffeine free bottles and she said "For a long time."

So I suppose I'll just start drinking a glass of water instead.

Touche' wife Touche!!!

Yea, I am starting to give up caffeine again. It screws up my sleep patterns, makes me want to stay up all night, not good.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Note: This thread is 3187 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!