IGNORED

Your favorite season for golf?

TJBam
Note: This thread is 3931 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

By the way Slice of Life I'm loving the new profile picture.  Watched Tin Cup last night and was cringing at the end... even my fiancee was screaming "DROP IT BY THE WATER PRICK!!!" and she has a minimal understanding of the game.

Originally Posted by TJBam

By the way Slice of Life I'm loving the new profile picture.  Watched Tin Cup last night and was cringing at the end... even my fiancee was screaming "DROP IT BY THE WATER PRICK!!!" and she has a minimal understanding of the game.

Yeah, it's always cringeworthy. Hard to watch, even though it's fake...

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by GaijinGolfer

First off, it doesnt get hot, its Minnesota.

Haha - I guess that depends on what you consider hot. But now a days, we get the extremes up in here. Really cold winters and quite hot summers. Our temps the past couple weeks have been close to 90's (which isn't close to Texas or South CA), but it's the terrible humidity that's been gross lately. I shouldn't complain though... As long as it's not hailing, I'll play!

In the Bag:
:titleist: 913 D3 - 9.5* - Diamana Stiff 62g
:mizuno: MP 64s 3-PW - DGS300
:cleveland: CG12 52* & 56*
:tmade: Rosa

Originally Posted by butt3r3dt0ast

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaijinGolfer

First off, it doesnt get hot, its Minnesota.

Our temps the past couple weeks have been close to 90's

90 degrees, regardless of the humidity, is just fine. The tough ones are the days that it's triple digits with humidity in the 80's. Played once in Alexandria, LA and the heat index was over 120.

Tyler Martin

I like a mid-October round down here in South Louisiana becasue temperatures are good and a cool breeze helps.  Also, I like an early spring round in March-April when the air is still a little crisp.

In Northern Virginia we get enough variability that my absolute favorite time to play is winter. The reason is that the courses are not crowded, rates have been cut significantly, and you aren't reduced to a sweaty mess. It's seriously humid here in the summer, and hot, and buggy. It's also seriously lush, the grass everywhere is in great shape this year due to all of the rain we've received.

So this answer is that I love to play year round, but really enjoy getting a good day in the winter...go figure.

Why do they call golf "golf"?  Because all the other four letter words were taken.

Up to a month prior to summer and schools letting out as well as after school starts up again. Summers in LA there are to many people out on the courses.

We like to walk on a course early morning Saturdays with no tee time usually and right now unless you tee up in the dark no later then 5am it is to late and to many people out to get a spot.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

Trade? In the winter I wanna travel for golf, and you wanna travel for boarding. Haha.

Ha! Yeah - grass is always greener I guess.  You might have it a touch better where golf and boarding are concerned since you don't have to travel for either as long as you are in season.  There isn't a snowboard season at all here.  Years ago there was a place in North Georgia, but the world got a little warmer and it is just a mountain now.  And there wasn't much to it to begin with.

But we probably have it better for a year round quality of life standpoint.  From September through June, it's pretty hard to complain.

Originally Posted by nevets88

What? Give me 90+ F over -1 F any day.

I am just the opposite lol.  I love the cold and I seem to play better, I think the extra clothing limiting my swing actually helps me.

In My Bag:

Irons: 2-SW Golfsmith MB Forged S300's & 60 degree Callaway

Putter: 20 year old rusty Cameron no clue what model

Woods: 1 & 3 Cheap Ass Walter Hagen Stiff Grafalloy $30 per club lol

If the leaves are not an issue my favorite time of year to play is fall.  Fall has always been my favorite time of the year as it is absolutely gorgeous in East Tennessee that time of year.  Couple that with reasonable temperatures and well conditioned courses and it makes more my favorite golf.

Jeff

On Long Island, NY i really enjoy the late September thru November golf. Sweater weather and the course really thins out.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

In the Texas panhandle, it really just depends. We get weather all over the map year round. You can guarantee it'll be hot in July and August, but other than that there's no telling. (As a matter of fact next week isn't supposed get over 88*F, which is the first time I think I've ever seen that in July). The other guarantee is that humidity will be close to 0, so I don't mind playing no matter the high temperature. So I guess my answer is, any season other than football season works for me. On an unrelated note, it blows my mind that the leaves in fall can be bad enough to make it hard to golf. I guess that's just something I've never considered about other parts of the country/ world. If you don't want to put up with leaves ever again, Amarillo, TX may be the place for you. Just be okay with lots of wind!

Late Spring or Early Fall for me. The temps are a lot more comfortable and the courses are generally less busier!

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

Summer or early fall. I live in the north west..so any other time is the rain season

Driver:Adams 9064LS 9.5 *stiff

3 Wood: Nike VRs

Hybrid: Adams A7 19*

Irons: Nike VRs Pro Cavity 4-AW

Wedges: Nike VR Pro 56'

Putter: Nike Method mc3i1

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo

Bag: Ogio Assassin

Note: This thread is 3931 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!