IGNORED

Perception of Tour Players' Character and Demeanor

RoyJeeBiv
Note: This thread is 3854 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by RoyJeeBiv

good grief, get off your pedestal.  go suck the fun out of someone else's opinion.

Opinions on pro golfers are built upon what? You don't know the guy, you only know 1% of who he is. You could dislike someone and react the same or worse if you would be in the same situation.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by MacDutch

Opinions on pro golfers are built upon what? You don't know the guy, you only know 1% of who he is. You could dislike someone and react the same or worse if you would be in the same situation.

**sigh**

loosen your pants a bit, fellas -- this is an internet forum, not the country club.

-- In the Bag --

Cobra S3 White Driver (10.5*)

Cobra AMP Cell-S 3-Hybrid (18*)

Cobra AMP Cell-S Irons (4i-GW)

SCOR 4161 Forged Wedge (55*)

Cleveland VP1 Putter

*Thread asks posters for opinions on personalities of pro golfers*

*Poster gives opinions on personalities of pro golfers*

*Poster bashed because he doesn't have credentials to give opinions because he doesn't "know" the pro in question*

Originally Posted by phan52

And Vijay Singh is just not a nice guy. A miserable man who acts entitled around golf fans.

Friend met him at a Chik-fil-a in the Woodlands TX and he was a really nice guy.

Originally Posted by MS256

I used to feel that way but I guess his toughness in the Ryder Cup matches gave me more respect for him.

I agree with this. He is one tough SOB in match play.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Originally Posted by dfreuter415

To answer your first question, I am a huge Phil fan because of his demeanor on the course. I love the fact that he has that grin on his face, while I know that others find it irritating. He is a very nice person and a family man who does a lot for charity.

This has been covered in other threassadlkndlkdmnm +*+*-**

In my bag: - Ping G20 driver, 10.5 deg. S flex - Ping G20 3W, 15 deg., S flex - Nickent 4dx 3H, 4H - Nike Slingshot 4-PW - Adams Tom Watson 52 deg. GW - Vokey 58 deg. SW -Ping Half Wack-E putter

Sorry about that post above - my wireless keyboard went on the fritz and by the time I plugged in another keyboard, my 10 minutes to edit had elapsed.  The thread should have read:

This has been covered in other threads but if he's such a nice guy, why does Phancy Phil  have no friends on tour?  Why is his nickname FIGJAM (!&*(Y*(& I'm Good - Just Ask Me)?

Now Vijay Singh - he's a genuine ass.  I followed his  group in a practice round at the 2004 PGA and he angrily refused to sign autographs and got pissed at Jesper Parnevik taking time to sign autographs or chat briefly with fans.

In my bag: - Ping G20 driver, 10.5 deg. S flex - Ping G20 3W, 15 deg., S flex - Nickent 4dx 3H, 4H - Nike Slingshot 4-PW - Adams Tom Watson 52 deg. GW - Vokey 58 deg. SW -Ping Half Wack-E putter

Regarding Phil, (and his haters)

So he has no friends on the tour? I doubt that very much, but since there are so many pompous ass's from the golf college's teams today on tour, that mommy and daddy sent them through, it's no wonder the jealousy toward Phil because of making as much $$$ overall as Tiger makes would work on them.

Most of these guys are 1 year  wonders, who can't accept a 43 year old guy kicking their butt.

Phil has a following similar to what Arnie had, and these guys can't figure out why.

Maybe it's family values, a great attitude, a respect for the fans, numerous wins, along with majors,and being the best wedge player in the history of the game.

Other than that, who DO you guys respect? Unbelievable what faults you guys can find with anyone.

Can't say I've ever heard anyone badmouth Phil, maybe some underhanded comments from Tiger but that's it. Rickie, Keegan, Hunter and others have said he's like a big brother to them.

Dave :-)

Originally Posted by jimmyc

Maybe it's family values, a great attitude, a respect for the fans, numerous wins, along with majors,and being the best wedge player in the history of the game.

Family values?  You mean like how he probably gambles more every year than most of us make?

As for your jealousy of Phil's success argument, wouldn't that apply even more to Tiger than to Phil?  Strange, I don't think Tiger is particularly unpopular with his peers on tour.

Originally Posted by Wisguy

Family values?  You mean like how he probably gambles more every year than most of us make?

As for your jealousy of Phil's success argument, wouldn't that apply even more to Tiger than to Phil?  Strange, I don't think Tiger is particularly unpopular with his peers on tour.

Oh gee whiz! He must be gambling away the kids oatmeal money! Who are you to dictate how he  spends his income, or criticize his spending habits. I think his family is far from destitute, and his charitable donations are well documented

As for Tiger's popularity with his peers, Jasper Parnivick and many other pro's would disagree with you.

Regarding Phil, (and his haters) So he has no friends on the tour? I doubt that very much, but since there are so many pompous ass's from the golf college's teams today on tour, that mommy and daddy sent them through, it's no wonder the jealousy toward Phil because of making as much $$$ overall as Tiger makes would work on them. Most of these guys are 1 year  wonders, who can't accept a 43 year old guy kicking their butt. Phil has a following similar to what Arnie had, and these guys can't figure out why. Maybe it's family values, a great attitude, a respect for the fans, numerous wins, along with majors,and being the best wedge player in the history of the game. Other than that, who DO you guys respect? Unbelievable what faults you guys can find with anyone.

Statistics and not being wooed by the outstanding shots would say otherwise.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator
Originally Posted by jimmyc

As for Tiger's popularity with his peers, Jasper Parnivick and many other pro's would disagree with you.

Jesper's in the minority, and he's only ticked because he was the one that introduced Tiger to Elin.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Statistics and not being wooed by the outstanding shots would say otherwise.

I dont what stats may say but I do know that I've heard many tour pros say that only Ballestero's hands, creativity and ability to manufacture shots is better than Phil's... I'd say that's pretty good company to be in as far as history goes.

Family values?  You mean like how he probably gambles more every year than most of us make? As for your jealousy of Phil's success argument, wouldn't that apply even more to Tiger than to Phil?  Strange, I don't think Tiger is particularly unpopular with his peers on tour.

Gambling is just another form of discretionary spending... If you have the money to spend and it doesn't define you or your life I don't see a problem with it. I personally have quite a few friends that spend way more money on golf than I do (discretionary spending), that doesn't make them bad people or say that their prioritys are out of whack, it simply means that they have more time and money than I do... I guess what in trying to say is tat its not about how much you gamble with or spend on golf or movies or video games or amusement parks or car parts or tools..... What matters is percentage of your income that you spend. All right I'm done with my life lessons, I promise.

"personally, i can't stand Mickelson. his presentation on the course really puts me off -- when his game is on, he has that stupid $#!^-eating grin on his face; and so often when he misses a putt, he stands there with his jaw dropped, as if the hole scooted out of the way at the last second. i'm sure he's a nice guy and i know a lot of fans like him... but as trivial as they may be, Phil's overdramatized reactions are annoying as hell to watch. (not to mention, he's a whiny b**** off the course.)" I wanted to make one last point on this subject since I've had the chance to watch four days of Tiger not making many putts (to be fair nobody but Z Johnson on day one did). It seemed to me that after any putt that Tiger hit that rolled past the hole he would "drop his jaw" and point to where the ball went instead of where he thought it should have gone... I think that this us a really good example of who we root for blurring our opinion and perception of said player. I may be beating a dead horse on the "good family man" aspect but I don't think I've seen a better example of that than I just saw on the side of the 18th hole. (Disclaimer: Sorry for not quoting the OP correctly, hard to do on my phone.)

Originally Posted by mp33 man

"personally, i can't stand Mickelson. his presentation on the

course really puts me off -- when his game is on, he has

that stupid $#!^-eating grin on his face; and so often when

he misses a putt, he stands there with his jaw dropped, as if

the hole scooted out of the way at the last second. i'm sure

he's a nice guy and i know a lot of fans like him... but as

trivial as they may be, Phil's overdramatized reactions are

annoying as hell to watch. (not to mention, he's a whiny

b**** off the course.)"

I wanted to make one last point on this subject since I've had the chance to watch four days of Tiger not making many putts (to be fair nobody but Z Johnson on day one did). It seemed to me that after any putt that Tiger hit that rolled past the hole he would "drop his jaw" and point to where the ball went instead of where he thought it should have gone...

I think that this us a really good example of who we root for blurring our opinion and perception of said player.

I may be beating a dead horse on the "good family man" aspect but I don't think I've seen a better example of that than I just saw on the side of the 18th hole.

(Disclaimer: Sorry for not quoting the OP correctly, hard to do on my phone.)

Congratulations sir, you just won retard of the year with that statement about Phil. Unbeleivable what people say. Wow, just WOW!

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Originally Posted by Motley01

Congratulations sir, you just won retard of the year with that statement about Phil. Unbeleivable what people say. Wow, just WOW!

Ummm...You do realize that the part criticizing Phil was a quote from somebody else and not Mp33 man?

P.S. Congrats to Phil. Really great shots down the stretch.

Note: This thread is 3854 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!