IGNORED

Big Break NFL

ejere1
Note: This thread is 3584 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I love to look at Malorey, she is pretty good looking. Almost like a sara brown.

Tools in the Ogio bag.
Driver      Callaway
 Razr Fit Xtreme 8.5* Extra Stiff

3 wood   Callaway X hot Stiff flex

Hybrid     Ping I20 3H 20* & 4H 23*
Irons       Ping  I20 5-PW

Wedges  Ping Tour Gorge 52 & 56 Callaway Mack daddy 60*

Putter     Scotty Cameron Monterey

Balls      Bridgestone B-330

Shoes          Skycaddie SGX

I love to look at Malorey, she is pretty good looking. Almost like a sara brown.

Yea...me too.  She's got that hot "girl next door" look working in overdrive.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Yea...me too.  She's got that hot "girl next door" look working in overdrive.

Love her. She seems dirty. Anyway...... Who's gonna bite it next?? I say team doleman gets a strike.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

I like James Lepp and felt bad for him considering how he played in this episode.

A couple of things that I found funny in this episode:

1) Tim Brown - "I don't think Meghan (Hardin) has hit two good shots back to back...this whole tournament."

It's pretty apparent she was the worst female competitor and I love how people have had no problem saying it.

2) Meghan Hardin: "This is not the last you'll see of Meghan Hardin."

I thought to myself, "Oh, nice, she's already planning on doing Playboy." :banana:

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

well James is off the show, too bad I really liked him. That girl didn't do anything to help the team, she was bad. I like Jerry rice's team. And emily is cute too.

Tools in the Ogio bag.
Driver      Callaway

I've been watching all season but strangely nobody on the golf channel forums discusses Big Break, so here I am.

Team Doleman cruises to a flawless victory imo. At first I assumed Shannon and Meghan were the weakest females just based on character, but Shannon is surprisingly ruthless and has hit some clutch shots. Brian seems to be the strongest pro now that they've settled in as a team, and Doleman does certain things quite well (with the exception of fat 90 yard wedges).

Definitely bummed to see Zakiya go...yowza! I hope the lpga girls take some fashion tips from her lol

Mazza I like Rice's team too, but eventually Emily is going to have to stand over a 4 footer to fend off elimination. She's got demons.

First post!

edit: I have trouble accepting Will's cross-grip as reliable, and Mallory may be gorgeous but there's a lot of golf that happens outside 120 yards. She needs strength training.

Man, Meghan was just a train wreck. You could tell just by his body language that Rypien had absolutely zero confidence in her during that shambles challenge. Wasn't a big fan of team Doleman early on, but they've slowly grown on me.

Wow, Doleman has done a 180.  He seems to be mister supportive these days.  I wonder if he did all that early stuff for the cameras. Or maybe if someone took him aside and let him know how he was coming off.  His golf is lacking though.  He's probably one of the worst NFLers and definitely the worst one left.  But it is nice to see he has come around and become tolerable.

I think Rodney Harrison should replace Tafoya.

As good as Lep has been, I hated to see him make the bad shot that ended their run.

I'm still pulling for Team Rice, but Team Doleman, despite never really standing out - just never loses.  Gonna be hard to beat.  And I agree with the comment on Will. He is a jovial guy and good on TV, but his play has been rough all season.

Wow, Doleman has done a 180.  He seems to be mister supportive these days.  I wonder if he did all that early stuff for the cameras. Or maybe if someone took him aside and let him know how he was coming off.

Could be. Or maybe he was just playing the part of "coach" or "team leader" as he knew it.

We all had coaches and drill sergeants that were complete asses at the first part of training and much more buddy/buddy as the training went along.

Only thing is those coaches and drill sergeants didn't have to compete and let us know that they might not be better than we were and might not be able to practice what they were preaching.

Man, Meghan was just a train wreck. You could tell just by his body language that Rypien had absolutely zero confidence in her during that shambles challenge. Wasn't a big fan of team Doleman early on, but they've slowly grown on me.

Megan was a train wreck before she got on the show, she was first off in her inaugural big break, because she had no game, she couldn't contend at all, I saw Michael breed give her some post BB lessons and she was even listening to him- because she doesn't know. getting a boob job before the big break I don't think is a good strategy to succeed. Her swing & set up is awful. A couple of times watching her on television I could tell she wasn't going to hit a good shot-she didn't hit many. I felt sorry for the others she was playing with.

Could be. Or maybe he was just playing the part of "coach" or "team leader" as he knew it.

We all had coaches and drill sergeants that were complete asses at the first part of training and much more buddy/buddy as the training went along.

Only thing is those coaches and drill sergeants didn't have to compete and let us know that they might not be better than we were and might not be able to practice what they were preaching.

valid point, his strategy certainly worked. Early on I was convinced they were cooked.

valid point, his strategy certainly worked. Early on I was convinced they were cooked.

He mellowed once he started tanking his shots and Brian started hitting better.  I think a small taste of humility just leveled the team off and then winning fixes everything.

There is some pretty obvious psychology between Doleman and Brian (Brian even mentioned the 'big brother' that used to beat on him) - Shannon's been crystal clear all along and a real competitor - her 'drive' is starting to show every episode now.

yeah - meghan broke down the entire episode after a decent one last time.  too bad, Lepp is a good player.  but he was even gitchy this time - but he owns his own issues and said it right out.

the "pros" were disappointing - the lead challenge (increasing approach shots) had the two best players being NFL pros - Rice and the guest.  Nobody else stepped up at all.  Nobody.

Bill - 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The golf this week was pretty bad.  Some of the worst I've seen on all the BB's.

When they were preparing for the elimination challenge I thought that Rypien may play the par 5 on his own and have James and Meghan play the Shamble.  James did not play well in this episode or in the one before it if I remember correctly and Mark had been hitting some solid shots. Would have been gutsy but might have turned out better.  Of course Meghan bogeying from about 100 yards might have made this a moot point.

And like the poseter above said when I heard Maghan say this isn't the last you see of me, I thought "only next time it's be with staples in her belly".

I'll be honest, I can not stand Tom Abbott.. I like Michele, but miss the other girl... Tom has no humor, just a stale bit of humor. I really like Issac "squatch" .. he's solid.

Tools in the Ogio bag.
Driver      Callaway

I like James Lepp and felt bad for him considering how he played in this episode. A couple of things that I found funny in this episode: 1) Tim Brown - "I don't think Meghan (Hardin) has hit two good shots back to back...this whole tournament."   It's pretty apparent she was the worst female competitor and I love how people have had no problem saying it. 2) Meghan Hardin: "This is not the last you'll see of Meghan Hardin." I thought to myself, "Oh, nice, she's already planning on doing Playboy." :banana:

Her twitter has pic of her on the Wilson calendar. Close enough.

I'll be honest, I can not stand Tom Abbott.. I like Michele, but miss the other girl... Tom has no humor, just a stale bit of humor. I really like Issac "squatch" .. he's solid.

Yea, I think Tom's a good guy but Vince Cellini was better.

Megan was a train wreck before she got on the show, she was first off in her inaugural big break, because she had no game, she couldn't contend at all, I saw Michael breed give her some post BB lessons and she was even listening to him- because she doesn't know. getting a boob job before the big break I don't think is a good strategy to succeed. Her swing & set up is awful. A couple of times watching her on television I could tell she wasn't going to hit a good shot-she didn't hit many. I felt sorry for the others she was playing with.

Now I'm not a woman regardless of breast size and I've never played one on television.  However, I really have to question what sort of lunacy would make any female athlete with aspirations of turning pro get breast implants in general, let alone ones as big as Meghan had installed, particularly in a sport like golf where they can effect balance so much.  I've known women who had chests not much heftier than Meghan's who got breast reduction surgery because of how they interfered with their coordination and caused back problems.

Spit, what you say is true, which makes the following, taken from Meghan's website, seem a bit silly or at least wishful:

I am golf .

I am the future of golf.

I am competitive .

I will never give up on my dream .

I belong on the golf course.

MS, unfortunately, the only coach I've known like Doleman did not turn out to be an OK coach and good guy in the end, even though he actually looked like and acted like Doleman.  He was my high school's head football coach (the old-school kind of coach who called his players "pussies" when he didn't feel they were giving 100% and had several kids pass out during August preseason practices because he wouldn't let them have water breaks since "real men" don't need them, even if it is 90 degrees out).  My senior year he volunteered to be our head track coach, too, even though he did not have a milligram of knowledge about the sport or about running in his head.  At the first practice, I liked his no-nonsense approach, as there was a group of drama club geeks who decided that "track is easy" who wanted to pad their extracurriculars for college applications who were goofing off and he made everyone do pushups for 10 minutes because of their constant chatting, resulting in all of said drama queens quitting.  The distance runners had our own coach and the head coach left us alone until the day before the state championship, when our coach had a family emergency and was gone for the week.  As anyone who knows anything about running will agree, the day before an important race is devoted to nothing more than stretching with a light warm-up and cool-down just to stay loose.  The bull-headed head coach saw us jogging a few laps, thought we were slacking off, and ordered us to do ten 400's at full effort.  On the 8th one or so, I cramped up with the worst charlie horse I've ever had that left me literally lying on the ground screaming in pain  - my tendon had clenched up and you could see it twitching on top of my shin bone.  I was limping for several days afterwards and it probably added at least 5 seconds to my time the next day.  To add insult to injury, the damn coach didn't bother to attend the pre-meet coaches meeting, didn't know that the order of events had been switched with the mile starting an hour earlier than originally scheduled.  So after the first event or so finished, I'm about 1/3 of a lap into my warm-up, hadn't even done my real stretching yet, and I hear over the loudspeaker "Final call for the boy's mile."  I hardly got to the starting line before the race began.  I was seeded 3rd, two days earlier I felt I had a good shot at 2nd (the 1st place guy was way too good to keep up with), gave everything I had and did run a PR, but my legs were so heavy and stiff I could not keep up with the 2nd to 5th place guys who I felt I normally could outkick, and only got 6th place.

Tying this back to golf, flash forward a dozen years when I've given up running and taken up golf.  One spring, my several golf buddies all got bit by the running bug, stopped playing golf so they could devote all of their spare time to running, they started talking about running constantly (which most competitive runners don't do since it's not an interesting sport), and none of them were even any good at it.  That was kind of a bitter pill to swallow.

In my bag: - Ping G20 driver, 10.5 deg. S flex - Ping G20 3W, 15 deg., S flex - Nickent 4dx 3H, 4H - Nike Slingshot 4-PW - Adams Tom Watson 52 deg. GW - Vokey 58 deg. SW -Ping Half Wack-E putter

Been watching the whole season but haven't been following this thread.

I don't want to pile on Meghan, but I remember when she was on during her season I kept telling myself that not only was she the worst golfer there, but maybe the worst to ever be on the big break.  Going even further, she seems to be as dumb as a box of rocks if you really listen to the stuff she says.  Last night she had a doozy when explaining what her goal for the immunity challenge was.  I don't remember the specifics, but I'll try and catch a replay and post it.  It was something very obvious that she made sound as if it was rocket science to figure out.

Anyway, I know that's mean, but I can't help thinking of it anytime I see her.  Mallory is obviously a bit of eye candy and was on her season as well, but at least she can play a bit and doesn't sound like an idiot when she talks.  Big Break loves to bring on the eye candy and even play up their fashion/modeling careers, but few have lacked credibility as transparently as Meghan has.

Lastly, I was really disappointed in James.  I think he is one of the best competitors the show has seen, but he clearly didn't play like it the last couple episodes.  Very disappointing.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Note: This thread is 3584 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!