IGNORED

Big Break NFL

ejere1
Note:Β This thread is 3602 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Meghan looks like she may ruin it for her team.

(but what a rack!)

I laughed out loud during the INTRO's whenΒ she basically said ....."THE LPGA needs more hotties like me".... HahahahahahaΒ  That was too funny! With that said, I agree with her!Β  Too bad her game sukks, but yes.....it's hard to avoid staring at those CANS.

My take on the NON-NFL Cast members:

Team Brown

Mallory:Β  I may have a crush on her.Β  gulp....and she has game. I am happy to see her back! When she was in Ireland, it was always cold.Β  I'm looking forward to watching her play in mexico. HEHE

Will: He seems like a good guy.Β  He didn't leave a big impression on Indian Wells. I'm not sure why he's back

Team Bulger

Z: Holy camel toe Batman!Β  She dresses weird, but she proved that she was a class act when she was on before.Β  She always behaved in a way that would make her parents proud.Β  Welcome back Z....

Chad:Β  He's a weird dude!Β  I guess he's backΒ to add he weird factor? Β  he can play too..

Team Del Greco:

Stephanie:Β  I like her too.Β  She can play and has good karma.

Oren:Β  Glad to see him back!Β  A professional husler!

Team Doleman:

Shannon: AKA Squeaky.Β  All American girl with game.Β  I am curious to see if she'll last longer this time...LOL

Brian:Β  Hot head....I guess he's back to hack the greens and tee boxes and throw clubs.....my least favorite cast member.

Team Rypien:

Meghan:Β  No game.....I'm happy she is back so I can look at those CANS some more.

James:Β  One of my favorites....too bad the saucer was deemed illegal!Β  I really like this guy!!

Team Rice:

Emily:Β  She seems like a nice girl and is easy on the eyes.Β  Welcome back!

SQUATCH!.....one of my favs!!

My overall take on the cast.........it's a general theme.........it's an excellent group of quality individuals.Β Β They were popular contestants before, so it makes sense they were chosen for a 2nd chance...............except for maybe Brian.Β  LOL..Β  They all can play too......except for maybe Meghan...LOLΒ  I give the golf channel an A for cast selection...

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big BerthaΒ Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
-Β CallawayΒ Big BerthaΒ 4-5 Rescue Clubs
--Β Mizuno Mx-25 sixΒ iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

She is a little "stringy" but certainly not unattractive. Her clothing line should definitely be rebranded as Camel Toe Golf Fashions and is probably only marketable to the tiny group of female golfers with single digit body fat. I actually liked the general format of the show and if they can keep from getting too quirky or contrived with the eliminations it should be fun to watch. Also thought Tafoya was just fine in her role. They just should have kept Sparks and moved Tom out to pasture.

I watched Episode 1 last night, and I was disappointed in the team format. Team sports are great- don't get me wrong. In this case, it just makes little sense. We want to give one man and one woman a legitimate shot to get their golf careers going... so we make them play in a format that will not produceΒ the best individual winners?

James Lepp (my fave) has ZERO chance, for example. That team will be gone first clearly, because Meghan is that bad. I think the winning team might be the one withΒ the two "least bad" players who make up a team- not necessarily the two best individuals in the cast.

For example, if you paired 1 and 12, 2 and 11, and so forth.... the winner may just well be the 6&7 team because the bad players can really hurt a team. Β  That's great for the team concept, and sure, team competition is great, but do we really want to give a professional break to the 6th and 7th best players on the show?

And let's say that the 1/12 team wins. So then what? You give a break to the 12th best person on the show, because they were lucky to be paired with #1 and a decent pro? It makes so little sense. If you do manage to get the 1/2 players on the same team, then the contest would be a blowout (unless their pro is worse than the other pros). So by definition, you will probably not be sending to the PGA/LPGA the best individuals. And if you do, the show will probably be boring because of the lack of competition.

I'd rather see a way the whittles down the best man and the best woman, regardless of which team they are on. So while I'll enjoy the team competition for what it is (and I'll have fun watching, I'm sure!), I'll be annoyed that the ultimate winners won't necessarily be the best individual players.

My Swing

Driver:Β :ping:Β G30, Irons:Β :tmade:Β Burner 2.0, Putter:Β :cleveland:, Balls:Β :snell:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

James Lepp (my fave) has ZERO chance, for example. That team will be gone first clearly, because Meghan is that bad.

Yep...he drew the short straw.

What's in Paul's Bag:

I don't mind the switch up with teams butΒ if you are going to have a team event all of the teams should be evenly matched or else you're picking the winner or who you want to lose before the season even starts.

In her 2nd BB, Meghan has yet to showΒ any real golfing ability.Β  She's more model than golfer, and I'm guessing BB brought her back for eye candy not her golf skills but that really handicaps her team.

James Lepp is a good guy but I don't know how good his short game is without the "sauce".

Brian had to be brought back for the drama he brings because as we saw in the first episode his golf skills are lacking.Β  He talks way too much for the game he has.

Z appears to be a very good golfer, her clothing styleΒ hurts her credibility on the team, especially sinceΒ she's stuck with Chad whoΒ has convinced himself he needs to be the team leader.

Not sure why Will and Oren were brought back other than they were the only ones available to do another season.Β  They are both nice guys but neither one is ready for a pro career.

Joe Paradiso

I have to pull for Team Rice. My niece was Emily's teammate at the University of Colorado.Β Also, EmilyΒ seemsΒ to haveΒ embraced the team concept which might be helpful in this format.

cubdog

Ross (aka cubdog)

I'd rather see a way the whittles down the best man and the best woman, regardless of which team they are on. So while I'll enjoy the team competition for what it is (and I'll have fun watching, I'm sure!), I'll be annoyed that the ultimate winners won't necessarily be the best individual players.

I agree, maybe no coed. It kind of takes the fun away

that depends on if he didn't do anything with her off the course and if he doesn't appreciate nice cans.

There is a pretty good age difference.....he appreciates her ASSETS.

HE also sees her as the person who cause him to get booted................the negative outweighs the positive.

What's in Paul's Bag:

Nice to see Meghan actually par a hole.Β  Actually just nice to see Meghan for a least 2 more episodes.Β  :)Β  Although, I'm a big fan of Mallory too so the result was a bit disappointing.

The handicaps of the NFLers don't seem to match their ability.Β  As in, they have low handicaps but all have awkward swings (aside from Del Greco who has a nice swing), but have struggled with basic putting, chips and sand shots. Doleman seemed like a jerk in that episode.Β  Simple questions from his teammates were replied to with "whatever" responses.Β  Brown seems like a cool dude and Del Greco seems really "normal". As does Rice, actually.

So glad I have a PVR now, it would be pretty painful to watch the 20 minutes of commercials each episode. Although I fear I'll miss the teaser when they might show Meghan at the pool in her bikini.

This week's show was better than last I thought. Β I thought the challengesΒ were pretty good and worked well as a team competition. Β Also liked that they more or less played golf holes at the end - which I always like seeing more of. Β And Lepp's 'golf on the radio' ad lib was pretty good.

Doleman kind of acted like an ass. Β Z's outfit was just way over the top - she lost me on that one. Β And Tafoya still looked out of place.

Does Shannon always seem drunk/high during her interviews to anyone else? I cringe every time she talks. Perhaps one of the most annoying voices or just overall demeanors I've ever witnessed. Maybe I'm alone on this, but I want to mute the TV everytime they cut to her for a interview.

• Upvote 1

Doleman was an ass to his teammates - you have to wonder just what his strategy was beyond just trying to goose the team for a single challenge.Β  In the post interview he's saying "we pulled together and acted like a team" or something like that.Β  The other two actually were seated a bit more away than any time before and then even leaning away from him and both just looked like they were bullied.

As for that moment - if you are going to be a sullen creep, you shouldn't be giving the "suck it up, I'm taking charge" speech a minute later.Β  Asking a teammate how he'd read a putt is not an unreasonable request at all.Β  I think the fact that the PRO was asking the AMATEUR about a read was a nice gesture of respect.Β  She didn't deserve the sullen responses one bit.

I thought the pros were supposed to bring the experience of how to be on a team to the table.

That said - those were fun challenges and it was very cool to see the long run on the "hit it a bit farther" drill.

Bill -Β 

The girls in terms of hotness: 6. Shannon* - still very cute though 5. Zakiya - nice little body (spinner?) 4. Meghan - she is racktastic but her body/face are just okay 3. Stefani - cute with nice curves 2. Mallory - the prettiest face, perfect up-tops 1. Emily - body is banging and the thought of her in a bikini is a happy thought Shannon is a Longhorn and was eliminated too quick in Atlantis. I hope she wins.

What's In My Bag...
Driver: Callaway Razr X Black 10.5*
FW / Hybrid: Nike T40 4W 17* / Nike CPR 24*
Irons: Callaway Razr X HL 5I-SW
Putter: Nike Method Core Putter
Balls: Nike PD Soft

Doleman was an ass to his teammates - you have to wonder just what his strategy was beyond just trying to goose the team for a single challenge.Β  In the post interview he's saying "we pulled together and acted like a team" or something like that.Β  The other two actually were seated a bit more away than any time before and then even leaning away from him and both just looked like they were bullied.

As for that moment - if you are going to be a sullen creep, you shouldn't be giving the "suck it up, I'm taking charge" speech a minute later.Β  Asking a teammate how he'd read a putt is not an unreasonable request at all.Β  I think the fact that the PRO was asking the AMATEUR about a read was a nice gesture of respect.Β  She didn't deserve the sullen responses one bit.

I thought the pros were supposed to bring the experience of how to be on a team to the table.

That said - those were fun challenges and it was very cool to see the long run on the "hit it a bit farther" drill.

Yeah, that whole exchange was a bit surprising. Β Although, in Doleman's defense, the way that Shannon asked him sounded more like she was asking because she didn't know, not because she was being polite. Β I would have been a little bit annoyed too if a golf pro was desperately asking me which way the putt was going to break. Β But, regardless, he was a bit out of line there. Β On the other hand, they did win the challenge, and that's what its all about in the NFL, no? Β Doleman probably thinks he made the perfect call.

BTW, I wish that instead of Brian, it was Chad in his place. Β I would have liked to combine the scene form his episode where he questioned Lorena Ochoa's read on a long putt with Chris Doleman's attitude when he told Brian he had to go first. Β That would have been some fireworks!

Note:Β This thread is 3602 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!