IGNORED

Etiquette: Having lunch after 9

David-Dj Bryant
Note: This thread is 3593 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yeah why would I let a golf course employee push me around. Contrary to what some starters may think I am a paying customer and if you don't want me at your course then you can give me a full refund and the course can lose more revenue. If you fight me on that I will leave and have my bank reverse the charges so fast it will make your head spin. Another course will get my money. A lot of starters I have interacted with seem to be power hungry for stupid little things because they think they can. For instance a couple of weeks ago I was at a course I play all the time and the starter was the slowest human being I have ever seen. He was taking tickets and writing down carts numbers like it was the first time he had ever read and wrote and I loaded my cart and he told me to take a different cart. I told him my cart was loaded already and he said he should make me switch. I simply explained I doubt that's a conversation he wants to go have with the course manager so I would suggest he change the cart number on his sheet and we move along. He decided to go with my idea.

As far your statement you sound like the aggressive one. If I took 10 or 15 minutes, especially because of slow service at the turn, I would not need any threats. I would simply go tee off 10 and laugh at you getting angry and drive off. The ball would be in your court. You can decide to let it go or get aggressive. If you choose the former we go along with our day and maybe you are pissed off for a little while. If you choose the latter and come at me then I have every right to defend myself and you can call the sheriff anytime you want. I am a grownup paying $50 to $60 to hit a ball off of your grass. I am not a child in school.

So you're one of these guys.

I've worked in retail jobs in the past and I've seen people like you, people who think their money is worth more than it really is and consider it a license to bully employees.  It's always the highlight of the day when that douchebag gets put in their place by a supervisor or owner.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourputt

You have that little respect for the course employees?  I guarantee you that if you took long enough to lose your place when I was working the shack, you wouldn't get back on until there was an opening.   If you made any threats, the sheriff was just a phone call away.  It wouldn't be the first time they were called to resolve such a situation.

Yeah why would I let a golf course employee push me around. Contrary to what some starters may think I am a paying customer and if you don't want me at your course then you can give me a full refund and the course can lose more revenue. If you fight me on that I will leave and have my bank reverse the charges so fast it will make your head spin. Another course will get my money. A lot of starters I have interacted with seem to be power hungry for stupid little things because they think they can. For instance a couple of weeks ago I was at a course I play all the time and the starter was the slowest human being I have ever seen. He was taking tickets and writing down carts numbers like it was the first time he had ever read and wrote and I loaded my cart and he told me to take a different cart. I told him my cart was loaded already and he said he should make me switch. I simply explained I doubt that's a conversation he wants to go have with the course manager so I would suggest he change the cart number on his sheet and we move along. He decided to go with my idea.

As far your statement you sound like the aggressive one. If I took 10 or 15 minutes, especially because of slow service at the turn, I would not need any threats. I would simply go tee off 10 and laugh at you getting angry and drive off. The ball would be in your court. You can decide to let it go or get aggressive. If you choose the former we go along with our day and maybe you are pissed off for a little while. If you choose the latter and come at me then I have every right to defend myself and you can call the sheriff anytime you want. I am a grownup paying $50 to $60 to hit a ball off of your grass. I am not a child in school.

Sorry to disappoint you, but all I would do is what I've been instructed to do.  No power trip, just my job.  Players have 5 minutes to make the turn.  If they take longer than that and the flow goes past them, then they are out of luck.  All of those other players also paid their fees and they sticking to the course policy.  If you ignore that then you are the one in the wrong and I don't care if you paid double, you aren't getting back out until there is a break in the flow.  There is nothing special about you that means you get to do what others don't just because you have an attitude.

By the way it's the pro who would call the law if it was indicated.  I doubt we'd need it for you... you aren't that scary.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This really strikes a nerve because a lot of these people are usually retirees who sometimes volunteer so they can play golf for free since in some cases they are on a fixed income, he went along with you because you were acting up about only having to move into another cart and also he may have been new and was nervous and thought he could lose his spot if something reaches the manager and he loses his playing priviliges from something he probably loves to do.congratulations on acting like a complete horses ass.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Sorry to disappoint you, but all I would do is what I've been instructed to do.  No power trip, just my job.  Players have 5 minutes to make the turn.  If they take longer than that and the flow goes past them, then they are out of luck.  All of those other players also paid their fees and they sticking to the course policy.  If you ignore that then you are the one in the wrong and I don't care if you paid double, you aren't getting back out until there is a break in the flow.  There is nothing special about you that means you get to do what others don't just because you have an attitude.

By the way it's the pro who would call the law if it was indicated.  I doubt we'd need it for you... you aren't that scary.

So my question is what if it was the service staff at the turn that was taking too long to get a simple hot dog and drink. What if they can't do it within 5 minutes.

Who fault is that?????

Would the course management and therefore you as the starter work to ensure that the players get to continue on.

After all how is it their fault if the course staff cannot tend to the players in a timely manner.

I don't think it is unreasonable for one to expect to be able to purchase some food and drinks at the 9 and not expect to be able to continue onto the back nine.

If it is the inability of the course staff to turn the food and drinks out in a timely manner should the course management take ownership of the problem at some point?

So my question is what if it was the service staff at the turn that was taking too long to get a simple hot dog and drink. What if they can't do it within 5 minutes.

Who fault is that?????

Would the course management and therefore you as the starter work to ensure that the players get to continue on.

After all how is it their fault if the course staff cannot tend to the players in a timely manner.

I don't think it is unreasonable for one to expect to be able to purchase some food and drinks at the 9 and not expect to be able to continue onto the back nine.

If it is the inability of the course staff to turn the food and drinks out in a timely manner should the course management take ownership of the problem at some point?

Nope because plenty of courses tell you somewhere be it a sign or even on the card that if you stop for food at the turn "YOUR" responsible for maintaining pace, how can it be the courses fault if there is a sudden rush of customers just to eat there  in line in front of golfers making the turn? This is one of the many reasons I love the course I play because it's links style go out 9 and come back 9.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

If the club has an arrangement for players taking a longer lunch, it's fine. Though I can't say I've seen one yet. In any other situation, doing this will screw up the rhythm in the groups out on the course. Imagine someone else coming out from the clubhouse as you approach the 10th and say they want to play first.

A few minutes to maybe buy something is fine, but preferably just keep on playing. There are benches on most courses and you can plan lunch before going out.

If you leave the course, I don't see how you can expect to be put in it again, if there's not an opening in the groups coming behind you.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

If you take 15 minutes in the grill do you actually think you keep your place on the course? By that time the following group is probably on the 10th tee and you'll be arguing with more than the starter. Call your order in ahead of time or wait until you finish your round to eat.

Like I said I play 2 morning weekend rounds pretty much every week and have done it and never had a problem. Maybe we just play a fast enough pace that the group behind us isn't pushing us. Not sure but whatever it is but I have never had a problem. If the group behind me doesn't want to stop they can play through or wait but you better believe I will be right behind them. [quote name="Strandly" url="/t/68533/etiquette-having-lunch-after-9/54#post_1004384"] So you're one of these guys. I've worked in retail jobs in the past and I've seen people like you, people who think their money is worth more than it really is and consider it a license to bully employees.  It's always the highlight of the day when that douchebag gets put in their place by a supervisor or owner. [/quote] Actually the opposite almost to a fault. I never complain, I tip well and I am not very demanding. Just not worth getting worked up about a lot of things. I just talk with my money. And if the highlight of my job was watching any customer get "put in their place" by someone I worked with I think I'd find another job. [quote name="Fourputt" url="/t/68533/etiquette-having-lunch-after-9/54#post_1004386"] Sorry to disappoint you, but all I would do is what I've been instructed to do.  No power trip, just my job.  Players have 5 minutes to make the turn.  If they take longer than that and the flow goes past them, then they are out of luck.  All of those other players also paid their fees and they sticking to the course policy.  If you ignore that then you are the one in the wrong and I don't care if you paid double, you aren't getting back out until there is a break in the flow.  There is nothing special about you that means you get to do what others don't just because you have an attitude. By the way it's the pro who would call the law if it was indicated.  I doubt we'd need it for you... you aren't that scary. [/quote] I have every right to stop at the turn. I would think it's pretty commonplace seeing how their are snack bars and signs about it on the turn. And you last sentence shows me the attitude you have. Like I said I can guarantee I would go and how would you stop me. You going to call the sheriff and tell him I made the turn when you told me not to? You're not going to stop me by scolding me because you will be doing it as I tee off 10 and I laugh at you and ignore you. [quote name="flopster" url="/t/68533/etiquette-having-lunch-after-9/54#post_1004392"]This really strikes a nerve because a lot of these people are usually retirees who sometimes volunteer so they can play golf for free since in some cases they are on a fixed income, he went along with you because you were acting up about only having to move into another cart and also he may have been new and was nervous and thought he could lose his spot if something reaches the manager and he loses his playing priviliges from something he probably loves to do.congratulations on acting like a complete horses ass. [/ Yep he was older. But I unloaded into the cart which means my bag was loaded, drinks, keys, wallet, balls and tees I bought there and range balls all in the cart. Let's see I can move all this or you can change a cart number on a piece of paper. But right I am the ass buddy. Seriously Ioaded after standing there 10 minutes with me and 2 other people there. To check a ticket and write a cart number down. Like I said above I don't complain at places which is why I don't say anything but I show up to my tee time 40 minutes early to practice and be at the box at least 5 minutes early. Not stand there a quarter of my practice time watching someone go as slow as humanly possible to do a simple job.

James

Yeah why would I let a golf course employee push me around. Contrary to what some starters may think I am a paying customer and if you don't want me at your course then you can give me a full refund and the course can lose more revenue. If you fight me on that I will leave and have my bank reverse the charges so fast it will make your head spin. Another course will get my money. A lot of starters I have interacted with seem to be power hungry for stupid little things because they think they can. For instance a couple of weeks ago I was at a course I play all the time and the starter was the slowest human being I have ever seen. He was taking tickets and writing down carts numbers like it was the first time he had ever read and wrote and I loaded my cart and he told me to take a different cart. I told him my cart was loaded already and he said he should make me switch. I simply explained I doubt that's a conversation he wants to go have with the course manager so I would suggest he change the cart number on his sheet and we move along. He decided to go with my idea. As far your statement you sound like the aggressive one. If I took 10 or 15 minutes, especially because of slow service at the turn, I would not need any threats. I would simply go tee off 10 and laugh at you getting angry and drive off. The ball would be in your court. You can decide to let it go or get aggressive. If you choose the former we go along with our day and maybe you are pissed off for a little while. If you choose the latter and come at me then I have every right to defend myself and you can call the sheriff anytime you want. I am a grownup paying $50 to $60 to hit a ball off of your grass. I am not a child in school.

The people playing behind you are paying customers as well. One day, my group came off 9 with the group ahead of us still in the clubhouse. We went to 10 and teed off, as we're getting back ino the carts the group that was ahead came hauling ass to the tee box with hit dogs, snacks and drinks, demanding their spot back, they didn't get it. You sound like those guys.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

The people playing behind you are paying customers as well. One day, my group came off 9 with the group ahead of us still in the clubhouse. We went to 10 and teed off, as we're getting back ino the carts the group that was ahead came hauling ass to the tee box with hit dogs, snacks and drinks, demanding their spot back, they didn't get it. You sound like those guys.

A lot of courses will post a sign on number 9 tee box with the phone number for the clubhouse, to call ahead with their orders.

For me, a golf round doesn't assume you have to go to the clubhouse at the turn to get some refreshments. By this, there is no guarantee you can maintain your position. If the group behind you clearly has started to tee off, then you just lost your position. Tough it out.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Lunch... no. That is a great place to let a group play through, but if you are stopping for anything other than a snack and bathroom break, sorry.

- Shane

Like I said I play 2 morning weekend rounds pretty much every week and have done it and never had a problem. Maybe we just play a fast enough pace that the group behind us isn't pushing us. Not sure but whatever it is but I have never had a problem. If the group behind me doesn't want to stop they can play through or wait but you better believe I will be right behind them.

Not if you take too long, because if you were to try and cut my group off after sitting on a stool eating your little hot dog and pickle and cookie, you're going to be waiting for at least another foursome.

Originally Posted by whatwoodtigerdo

I never complain, I tip well and I am not very demanding. Just not worth getting worked up about a lot of things. I just talk with my money.

I'm not sure what you mean by this, but that sounds kind of idiotic. If you're insinuating that you have gobs of cash and you throw money around and let that do the talking for you, I would gladly do without your business. Your money doesn't entitle you to act however you feel appropriate. Your $100 is not detrimental to a course's success either.

I have every right to stop at the turn. I would think it's pretty commonplace seeing how their are snack bars and signs about it on the turn. And you last sentence shows me the attitude you have.

You do have every right to stop at the turn, but you also have to use common sense and realize that you are potentially giving up your place on the course even if the service is slow . If my group is trying to make the turn and you come out of no where trying to get back out, you would be waiting on us and I can guarantee that. It's not our problem that you needed a hot dog for your tummy. I don't care if there was 1 server and it took her 20 minutes. You were hungry, you went into the clubhouse and you proceeded to wait that long. You should use your own discretion at that point and determine whether a 20 minute wait for a $0.20 Sugardale is actually worth it or not.

Like I said I can guarantee I would go and how would you stop me. You going to call the sheriff and tell him I made the turn when you told me not to? You're not going to stop me by scolding me because you will be doing it as I tee off 10 and I laugh at you and ignore you.

If I took 10 or 15 minutes, especially because of slow service at the turn, I would not need any threats. I would simply go tee off 10 and laugh at you getting angry and drive off. The ball would be in your court. You can decide to let it go or get aggressive. If you choose the former we go along with our day and maybe you are pissed off for a little while. If you choose the latter and come at me then I have every right to defend myself and you can call the sheriff anytime you want. I am a grownup paying $50 to $60 to hit a ball off of your grass. I am not a child in school.

I believe everything that I highlighted in bold clearly describes your character and you do , in fact, come off as a child - perhaps not in school, but a child nonetheless. Again, I don't care if you're at a resort paying $200 for your round of 18 and $5 for your weiner at the turn. You have every right to stop at the turn, but you do not have any right whatsoever to inconvenience those behind you - regardless of the level of service you receive inside. Think of this rationally for a moment. You go into the clubhouse and wait 20 minutes for a beer and dog. 2 groups behind you play through 10 and you come out and try to move in front of my group making the turn. You try to explain that the service was slow inside and you are continuing your round now. My group's logical and right reaction is going to be "That's not our damn problem". You made a choice, there's a potential consequence of waiting until it's clear before you get back out, so sit outside and eat and wait for that opening.

Lose the sense of entitlement. The only thing you're entitled to after paying for your round is having the privilege of playing a round of golf. You don't get to do that however the hell you want though.

• Upvote 1

If you take 15 minutes in the grill do you actually think you keep your place on the course? By that time the following group is probably on the 10th tee and you'll be arguing with more than the starter. Call your order in ahead of time or wait until you finish your round to eat.

Nope because plenty of courses tell you somewhere be it a sign or even on the card that if you stop for food at the turn "YOUR" responsible for maintaining pace, how can it be the courses fault if there is a sudden rush of customers just to eat there  in line in front of golfers making the turn? This is one of the many reasons I love the course I play because it's links style go out 9 and come back 9.

Interesting comments:

1. I have never seen any sign or comments on a score card specifically warning about the maintenance of play when stopping for a snack and/or washroom break at the nine. In fact most of the time I see signs or comments reminding golfers to avail themselves of a snack or drink at the turn. I am not saying they don't exist just that in my personal experience I haven't noticed it.

2. Most courses have a separate line or area or even kitchen that just caters to customers at the turn. I am not taking about sitting down for lunch or even going into the restaurant to buy take out. It is in that respect that I posed the question of a situation whereby a delay in getting the food or drinks out to a group at the turn may not be due to a group stopping to eat but rather a delay in getting the food or drinks to them. And that is beyond their control and is a situation caused by the course.

One of the courses in my area has 36 holes and they put a snack shack in the middle of the 36 holes so both 18's route to the same shack at their respective turns. The shack is not out of the way. In fact you have to drive right by it to get the each back 9. On most weekend there will be a line up there to either buy food and drinks or to go to the washroom. The majority of the times the delay is due to the washrooms.

It seems to me that everyone here places the onus of keeping pace solely on the golfers. Even if they experience a delay beyond their control (ie. waiting in line to go to the washroom) and that you should just tough it out (ie. don't get food or drinks or don't go to the washroom) to maintain pace.

I am merely questioning the course management's role in preventing or alleviating the delays. This could be due to staffing, product management (ie. having hot dogs already wrapped up and ready to go vs. making them on request) or course design (as in the example noted above maybe they need to add more washroom facilities).

Lose the sense of entitlement. The only thing you're entitled to after paying for your round is having the privilege of playing a round of golf. You don't get to do that however the hell you want though.

Exactly, perfectly stated. If more people had this view, most rounds of golf would proceed much more smoothly.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

Except if you read my post I said if someone plays through then they play through. But it doesn't mean I have to wait for every group to play through. [quote name="Spyder" url="/t/68533/etiquette-having-lunch-after-9/54#post_1004527"] Not if you take too long, because if you were to try and cut my group off after sitting on a stool eating your little hot dog and pickle and cookie, you're going to be waiting for at least another foursome. I'm not sure what you mean by this, but that sounds kind of idiotic. If you're insinuating that you have gobs of cash and you throw money around and let that do the talking for you, I would gladly do without your business. Your money doesn't entitle you to act however you feel appropriate. Your $100 is not detrimental to a course's success either.   You do have every right to stop at the turn, but you also have to use common sense and realize that you are potentially giving up your place on the course even if the service is slow . If my group is trying to make the turn and you come out of no where trying to get back out, you would be waiting on us and I can guarantee that. It's not our problem that you needed a hot dog for your tummy. I don't care if there was 1 server and it took her 20 minutes. You were hungry, you went into the clubhouse and you proceeded to wait that long. You should use your own discretion at that point and determine whether a 20 minute wait for a $0.20 Sugardale is actually worth it or not.   I believe everything that I highlighted in bold clearly describes your character and you do , in fact, come off as a child - perhaps not in school, but a child nonetheless. Again, I don't care if you're at a resort paying $200 for your round of 18 and $5 for your weiner at the turn. You have every right to stop at the turn, but you do not have any right whatsoever to inconvenience those behind you - regardless of the level of service you receive inside. Think of this rationally for a moment. You go into the clubhouse and wait 20 minutes for a beer and dog. 2 groups behind you play through 10 and you come out and try to move in front of my group making the turn. You try to explain that the service was slow inside and you are continuing your round now. My group's logical and right reaction is going to be "That's not our damn problem". You made a choice, there's a potential consequence of waiting until it's clear before you get back out, so sit outside and eat and wait for that opening. Lose the sense of entitlement. The only thing you're entitled to after paying for your round is having the privilege of playing a round of golf. You don't get to do that however the hell you want though. [/quote] Talking with your money means taking your business elsewhere. Can't believe you've never heard that expression. And sure courses can take the hit, they are all thriving so much. And everybody is superman tough guys on the internet. I was in front of you to start and my entitled spot is still in front of you. Now if you were the group directly behind me I wouldn't expect you to wait on me if you got to the next box but again I am sure as he'll not waiting for 20 groups to get back out. Lastly seeing how you want to act like an internet tough guy I can guarantee if this situation ever happened you and your group would sit there, whining and not saying a damn thing to my group. And you can say whatever you want here but in real life you wouldn't do anything. But if it makes you fell better if you did I would probably pee my pants, cry and run away cause I would be so scared of you.

James

Except if you read my post I said if someone plays through then they play through. But it doesn't mean I have to wait for every group to play through. Talking with your money means taking your business elsewhere. Can't believe you've never heard that expression. And sure courses can take the hit, they are all thriving so much. And everybody is superman tough guys on the internet. I was in front of you to start and my entitled spot is still in front of you. Now if you were the group directly behind me I wouldn't expect you to wait on me if you got to the next box but again I am sure as he'll not waiting for 20 groups to get back out. Lastly seeing how you want to act like an internet tough guy I can guarantee if this situation ever happened you and your group would sit there, whining and not saying a damn thing to my group. And you can say whatever you want here but in real life you wouldn't do anything. But if it makes you fell better if you did I would probably pee my pants, cry and run away cause I would be so scared of you.

I did read your post and yes, that's exactly what it means. If you take so long that you lost your spot in the rotation then you wait until there's an opening. The golfers behind you don't have to wait while you cram yourself into a spot that's not yours.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

And everybody is superman tough guys on the internet. I was in front of you to start and my entitled spot is still in front of you. Now if you were the group directly behind me I wouldn't expect you to wait on me if you got to the next box but again I am sure as he'll not waiting for 20 groups to get back out. Lastly seeing how you want to act like an internet tough guy I can guarantee if this situation ever happened you and your group would sit there, whining and not saying a damn thing to my group. And you can say whatever you want here but in real life you wouldn't do anything. But if it makes you fell better if you did I would probably pee my pants, cry and run away cause I would be so scared of you.

Wow. You certainly know how to give a good impression of yourself. The real question here seems to be, does paying your fees entitle you to behave like an ill-mannered buffoon? My answer would be no.

The more I practise, the luckier I hope to get.

I did read your post and yes, that's exactly what it means. If you take so long that you lost your spot in the rotation then you wait until there's an opening. The golfers behind you don't have to wait while you cram yourself into a spot that's not yours.

Not true at all. Maybe in your guys' heads that's how it should be but in real world application it's not the case unless fourputt is the marshall apparently.

James

Except if you read my post I said if someone plays through then they play through. But it doesn't mean I have to wait for every group to play through.

Talking with your money means taking your business elsewhere. Can't believe you've never heard that expression. And sure courses can take the hit, they are all thriving so much.

And everybody is superman tough guys on the internet. I was in front of you to start and my entitled spot is still in front of you. Now if you were the group directly behind me I wouldn't expect you to wait on me if you got to the next box but again I am sure as he'll not waiting for 20 groups to get back out. Lastly seeing how you want to act like an internet tough guy I can guarantee if this situation ever happened you and your group would sit there, whining and not saying a damn thing to my group. And you can say whatever you want here but in real life you wouldn't do anything. But if it makes you fell better if you did I would probably pee my pants, cry and run away cause I would be so scared of you.

Nobody is acting like an internet tough guy, I can promise you what. Your immaturity is preventing you from utilizing the space between your ears to properly sense that my tone was one of logic and reason. If you took offense to that, which you clearly did as you're on the defensive, you are again acting childish.

If you can't see the common sense in this scenario, I don't know what to tell you.

If you are ahead of my group and you go into the club house, your "entitled position" is behind the group in front of you. If I come up to the turn several groups later and you try to get out, you do not belong in front of me and yes - any respectable course would make you wait. If you don't like that rule or logic, don't disappear into the clubhouse forever. Hell, you may never have that happen to you. But, I'm trying to educate you in the event that it does happen to you so that you are prepared.

The only person acting like a "tough guy" is the one claiming they'd laugh and ignore people and tee off anyway. I'd expect that from somebody between 15-18. Again, everything I highlighted in bold clearly depicts how you are.

Not true at all. Maybe in your guys' heads that's how it should be but in real world application it's not the case unless fourputt is the marshall apparently.

And yes, that is how it works at respectable courses that are well-run and operated properly. You disappear in the club house and groups come to the turn, you have officially lost your spot. There's no debate or arguing about it, "tough guy". I'm just informing you that if you try to squeeze in at a course that has their act together, you're going to get told to wait as you rightfully should.

Note: This thread is 3593 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!