IGNORED

Schwartzel loses his cool --->

inthehole
Note: This thread is 3902 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Zeph

Someone once said that rage fuels the anger, which can be a downward spiral.

I'm all for showing feelings on the course, but this is a bit over the top. Just like it was when Tiger did something similar with his driver a few years back, when it bounced into the crowds. They can get mad all they want, but to break equipment or damage the course is simply not cool.

Yeah, reminded me of that Tiger driver toss too.  Some people may not like it, but I'm fine with a bit of a club slam, but throwing it is different.  Dropping it is different too, I'm referring to an actual toss away from you.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Yeah, reminded me of that Tiger driver toss too.  Some people may not like it, but I'm fine with a bit of a club slam, but throwing it is different.  Dropping it is different too, I'm referring to an actual toss away from you.

The problem with Tiger's episode was that:

a) it really could have injured someone

b) the person who retrieved the club wasn't even given eye contact or an acknowledgement of any type

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I had a cousin do that, bent his iron shaft, then hit it against the golf cart roof support snapping it off and the head with broken shaft whipped around and punctured his jugular. he died minutes later.

Best to find a different outlet for your frustration.

Did you see which direction the head went? Could've have been very serious for anyone in the area.

It's a shame these guys only make a few hundred thousand a year.....not!

MP68  Classic Putter  I20 8.5*  Wedges

RBZ 3 & 5 woods  Hex Black

Owner/Operator Stellar Interiors

Originally Posted by justasgood

I had a cousin do that, bent his iron shaft, then hit it against the golf cart roof support snapping it off and the head with broken shaft whipped around and punctured his jugular. he died minutes later.

Best to find a different outlet for your frustration.

I heard Billy Joe Tolliver tell this story on Sirius XM NFL Radio on Wednesday. Related stories? Or did lightning strike twice in such a tragic way. Pretty awful either way. Sorry to hear that.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well I lived in New Orleans my entire life and this happened in the early eighties. It's possible that Billy Joe heard of it from the golf course.

MP68  Classic Putter  I20 8.5*  Wedges

RBZ 3 & 5 woods  Hex Black

Owner/Operator Stellar Interiors

I've heard similar stories before, they're not as uncommon as you think. Lots of static energy stored up in a stiff steel shaft when it pops. You really don't know the distance or direction the broken shaft will fly -- not unlike my golf balls.. :) And of course there was the kid in New York that slammed one into a bench that got him right in the heart. Died in minutes.

Originally Posted by Shorty

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogielicious

Childish.  I would have expected more from Charl.

The "deeply religious" players like Bubba, Zach J. and Schwartzel tend to be a bit like this at times.

They are the grimmest and dullest of personalities.

But in their press conferences they go back into charade mode.

Ah, that explains why Tiger is so hard on clubs - his deeply religious Buddhism.

Bill

I still don't understand this.

He should have snapped his 3wd.

the club that took his ball there.

You just can't expect a perfect iron out off that rough.

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

I have read an article before about a chappie who spat it with his 3 iron. He had smashed it against a garden edging. Part of the shaft shattered, flew back hitting him in the chest puncturing his heart and killing him.

After this I just throw them these days....

:)

Ping G25 Driver 8.5 deg TFC 189 s flex Golf Pride Tour Velvet Titleist 904F 15 deg Fujikura Speeder s flex Golf Pride Tour Velvet Callaway X14 Pro head 2 iron Rifle (s) Golf Pride Tour Velvet Mizuno MP30 3 iron to PW Nippon NS Pro 1050 (s) Golf Pride Tour Velvet Callaway X14 SW 56 deg Rifle (s) Golf Pride Tour Velvet Cleveland 588 60deg bent 3 weak Ping Anser 4 Isopur2 with so much lead it's obscene! Mizuno Aerolite X Samurai Bag Titliest Pro VX 1[SIZE=1]Ping G25 Driver 8.5 deg Titleist 904F 15 deg Fujikura Callaway X14 Pro head 2 iron Rifle (s) Mizuno MP30 3 iron to PW Nippon NS Pro 1050 (s) Callaway X14 SW 56 deg Rifle (s) Cleveland 588 60deg bent 3 weak, beaten up and real ugly Ping Anser 4 Isopur2 with so much lead it's obscene Mizuno Aerolite X Limited Edition Samurai Bag Titliest Pro VX 1

Note: This thread is 3902 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!